News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

BK is out  :rotz: but so is cry babby Gordon :cheers: Harvic, Lagono, Newman and  :shruggy: 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

keith88

At least we will have a 1st time champion..... Go harvick.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

41husk

I would like to see either Newman or Lagono
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JB400

The Penske side of me roots for Logano, but I'm favoring Newman.  Harvick will probably get it though.  Newman just seems to have the attitude to be champion.

thedodgeboys

Not the 31 did you see the way he body slammed the 42 NOT deserving of a championship  :flame:

i would take the 4 or the 22

JB400

I seen it.  At least there wasn't a brawl in the pits over it or both drivers wrecking each other after the race.  It was just hard racing.  He needed the position and was willing to put his car on the edge to get it.  The door slam was a cheap shot, but at least he didn't lay his bumper to Larson and spin him out, which would have cost him several more positions than what he did lose.

''I didn't take him out,'' Newman said. ''In a day or two, he'll understand. It's hard to rationalize that, but I did what I had to do. I don't like racing that way.''

nvrbdn

im for newman. I guess we all knew that, but, like they said after the race "did he make an illegal move? no. he did what it took to get the point he needed".
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

I hope Logano crashes out. I can't stand him at all. I rather would of had Gorden in. Punk ass kid reminds me of the joker without makeup  :P

I want Newman to win it all.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

Chargen69

Quote from: TruckDriver on November 09, 2014, 09:48:37 PM
I hope Logano crashes out. I can't stand him at all. I rather would of had Gorden in. Punk ass kid reminds me of the joker without makeup  :P

my thoughts exactly, he isnt a champion. Harvick is. maybe newman.  but i dont like joey, and i ESPECIALLY dont want hamlin as champ.  back a few years ago, he lost his talent in a race and blamed it on God.

i got a big problem with that.

wingcar

The final four contenders for championship are not how I would have pictured it at the start of the year.   With the exception of Harvick, the other three never really entered my mind.  True Logano has shown he can win this year, but I still never had him on the radar.   Hamlin has come close, so no real surprise other than he has had his share of bad luck the last couple of years (and some this year as well).  And, Newman has been one of those drivers that kept under the radar most of the year...but even without a win has proved that being consistent can have big dividends.

I just wonder how those outside the world of NASCAR (and a lot of fans for that matter) will view NASCAR crowning a champion who perhaps never won a race the whole year...while others such as Keselowski and Gordon that have won multiple races are no longer in the running.  And, of course they will also see one of the best drivers (that hurts me to even say) Jimmie Johnson and one of the most popular, Dale Jr. also on the outside looking in..... For many outside the world of NASCAR, it will just give them more ammunition in their view that NASCAR is not really a sport.   (Forget that second seed teams played in the Super Bowl this year, if I am not mistaken).   Anyway, I would like to have seen Gordon or Brad in the running, but it is what it is.  In Homestead the smart money will be on Harvick....but then you never know.  And, "Rubbing is Racing" may just be "Wrecking is Racing"......... Let the games begin!
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

maxwellwedge

Hmmmmmm........

Tough one.

Don't Like Hamlin

Harvick is a putz.

Logano......Maybe.....Only because I like Penske

Newman......used to like him more....I do like RC because he popped Kyle one.......

Can they fan vote Jr. in to be eligible?  :lol:

wingcar

Basically, this year's list of contenders for the Championship reminds me a lot of politics lately....you get to choose between the "least worst" candidate from the list.....   :rotz:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Aero426

Newman did Hamlin and Logano a HUGE favor by knocking Gordon out.

Newman has led a total of 41 laps all season.   Harvick has led 2083.

Yes, I would like to see Newman win it. 

JB400

No matter who wins this year's Sprint Cup, Chase Elliott will be more of a champion than either of them.

Chargen69

Quote from: wingcar on November 10, 2014, 11:05:16 AM
The final four contenders for championship are not how I would have pictured it at the start of the year.   With the exception of Harvick, the other three never really entered my mind.  True Logano has shown he can win this year, but I still never had him on the radar.   Hamlin has come close, so no real surprise other than he has had his share of bad luck the last couple of years (and some this year as well).  And, Newman has been one of those drivers that kept under the radar most of the year...but even without a win has proved that being consistent can have big dividends.

I just wonder how those outside the world of NASCAR (and a lot of fans for that matter) will view NASCAR crowning a champion who perhaps never won a race the whole year...while others such as Keselowski and Gordon that have won multiple races are no longer in the running.  And, of course they will also see one of the best drivers (that hurts me to even say) Jimmie Johnson and one of the most popular, Dale Jr. also on the outside looking in..... For many outside the world of NASCAR, it will just give them more ammunition in their view that NASCAR is not really a sport.   (Forget that second seed teams played in the Super Bowl this year, if I am not mistaken).   Anyway, I would like to have seen Gordon or Brad in the running, but it is what it is.  In Homestead the smart money will be on Harvick....but then you never know.  And, "Rubbing is Racing" may just be "Wrecking is Racing"......... Let the games begin!

yep, it is real funny that they came up with the chase idea after matt k won with only winning one.  now we have the chase on crack and a non winner might win

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

djcarguy

Quote from: Chargen69 on November 10, 2014, 10:50:51 AM
Quote from: TruckDriver on November 09, 2014, 09:48:37 PM

my thoughts exactly, he isnt a champion. Harvick is. maybe newman.  but i dont like joey, and i ESPECIALLY dont want hamlin as champ.  back a few years ago, he lost his talent in a race and blamed it on God.

i got a big problem with that.
:cheers: :2thumbs: :popcrn:

nvrbdn

so basically they set up a playoff format to give the guy that wins a chance at the chase and kick out the guys that haven't won a race even though they have better finishes and more points. they really thought that the top would be filled with winners only. well newman proved that top tens all year gets points when you don't have enough different winners. then in the playoffs, with out the contenders winning, they have to fill the spots with non winners. if newman finishes in front of the other three and doesn't win the race, their perfect playoff format backfired on them.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargen69

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 10, 2014, 05:50:50 PM
so basically they set up a playoff format to give the guy that wins a chance at the chase and kick out the guys that haven't won a race even though they have better finishes and more points. they really thought that the top would be filled with winners only. well newman proved that top tens all year gets points when you don't have enough different winners. then in the playoffs, with out the contenders winning, they have to fill the spots with non winners. if newman finishes in front of the other three and doesn't win the race, their perfect playoff format backfired on them.

yep

keith88

Congrats to Kevin Harvick 2014 Sprint Cup champ!! :2thumbs: :yesnod: :cheers:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

400/6/PAC

Great racing.
It wasn't clear to Me what happened to Joey.
Was it the jack Man or jack failure that caused the car to fall?