News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The NASCAR Thread

Started by 400/6/PAC, February 18, 2008, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

From Jayski's NASCAR Silly Season Site

The team of Kansas race winner Kyle Busch has been penalized by NASCAR for violating the new rule that all lug nuts be "installed in a safe and secure manner" at all times. Crew chief Adam Stevens and the teams' front tire changer have been suspended for one race and Stevens has been fined $20,000.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

thedodgeboys

Guilty as charged...

Joe Gibbs Racing will not appeal penalty: Joe Gibbs Racing announces it will not appeal the penalty issued by NASCAR earlier this afternoon to its #18 team. The 18 team utilized unaltered stock lug nuts during Saturday night's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway and each wheel had all five lug nuts attached to the wheel at the conclusion of the race. The team does acknowledge that not all lug nuts were tightened to the wheel.(Joe Gibbs Racing)(5-11-2016)

I think destroying your race car at the end of the race should lead to a driver being suspended for one race also. IMHO

TruckDriver

Might of been planned that way hoping to hide the lug nut issue.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

Thats possible but costly
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

JB400

Program alert:  The 2nd part of the 3 part Nascar show on CMT is on tomorrow at 8 pm CST.

JB400

I thought Larson and Elliot done a good job today making the race interesting there at the end for Kenseth.  I was really hoping Larson would have won it though.  Too bad I missed the wreck that took out JJ and Jr. :brickwall:

72Charger72

Thanks guys actually found it and have the series recording!  :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: JB400 on May 14, 2016, 08:26:52 PM
Program alert:  The 2nd part of the 3 part Nascar show on CMT is on tomorrow at 8 pm CST.

Only saw the last few minutes.   They got a Ken Squier look alike to fake the call of the 79 race with the fight.    That in an of itself was super corn ball.   They must not have been able to get the rights to use the original CBS material.   

41husk

I watched episode 2 last night.  It is much better recorded so you can skip the commercials.  I am not joking it is at least 50/50 show to commercials :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

72Charger72

Watched Episode 2 last night... :2thumbs:  Its the Mopar Series and Hemi Ban....so if you need to watch one that is the one!
The Petty Era!  :coolgleamA:

Chargen69

my comments on the all star race.

I liked the confusion.
cars looked fast on the track
HATED listening to mike joy and darrell smacking food while they talked

and last but not least,
HOW LONG ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP JEFF GORDON ON FOX?????????????
he totally sucks, and I think it is funny/pathetic they have to explain so much stuff to him

nvrbdn

I thought it sucked that Kenseth broke the rules which resulted in many drivers paying the price. Didn't make any sense to me to punish all the other drivers for his team error. Tony made a nice comment about it. And then all the idiot Darrel could do was worry about how Matt could manage to get back on the lead lap.  :brickwall:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TruckDriver

To me, the best thing that happened was the big crash. The rest was a total JOKE and boring. I agree about the announcers talking with their mouth full. Unprofessional  :rotz:
PETE

odcics2

600 miles of boredom....
Worse yet, a rice burner won.  :eek2:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

Quote from: odcics2 on May 30, 2016, 05:51:31 AM
600 miles of boredom....
Worse yet, a rice burner won.  :eek2:

I agree, but I still like Truex, so I was happy for him.
PETE

A383Wing

JB400

Would of helped if Fox would have shown more of the race, and less of the commercials.  I'm sure there were some cars further back in the pack that were racing.

A383Wing

#48 JJ into the wall hard, in the garage

#22 Lagano into the wall even harder, also in the garage

good evening, so far

A383Wing

Chase Elliot & Ryan Blaney in the wall.....

a spectator's truck is on fire in the parking lot....

Chargen69

First race in a while I was able to stay awake for

TruckDriver

Quote from: A383Wing on July 09, 2016, 07:32:08 PM

good evening, so far

Damn, I apparently slept through both of those. It was around lap 80 something I woke up, or just before the Elliot & Ryan Blaney crash. Was a crash with the 44 car & Almindinger in it. I think I dozed off before the start of the race because I don't even remember that, lol
PETE

odcics2

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 10, 2016, 08:53:45 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on July 09, 2016, 07:32:08 PM

good evening, so far

Damn, I apparently slept through both of those. It was around lap 80 something I woke up, or just before the Elliot & Ryan Blaney crash. Was a crash with the 44 car & Almindinger in it. I think I dozed off before the start of the race because I don't even remember that, lol

Hope you weren't on the road!    :rofl:

:lol:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TruckDriver

No, my comfy chair. I had to get up at 2:30 in the morning for work Saturday, so I was dead by the time the race came on tv :P
PETE