News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nickelback - All the Right Reasons

Started by bull, October 10, 2005, 10:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I was looking through some CDs at the store today and noticed what I'm about 98% sure is a '70 Charger on the back of the newest Nickelback CD. The front has (I think) a '58 Chevy. Any Nickelback fans who can confirm this for me? Does one of the band members own it? Is the CD any good?

Stormhammer

CD is very good - granted I downloaded it  :icon_smile_big: so I couldnt tell you about the album cover

Chryco Psycho

Nickleback is good heavy rock , decent band , the front is a 67 T bird & the rear is a 69 Charger

ChargerBill

They have a pretty good looking website...
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Nickelback sucks. theyre up there with Creed in the "look, we rock so hard on overdone Nirvana riffs" category of posers.

Yall want some real metal, try Opeth, Iced Earth, or Neurosis. Damageplan was awesome too.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

if you dont believe me about Nickelback being no talent hacks, check this out:

"Some internet genius took Nickelback's first horrible "hit," and mixed it with Nickelback's newest awful "hit." By "mixed" I mean one shitty song plays in the left speaker, and the other ear-bleeding excuse for rock plays in the right speaker. What a surprise, they are almost EXACTLY THE SAME. It's uncanny, sad, and hilarious at the same time."

Nickelback - How You Remind Me Of Someday.mp3

From This Site
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ponch on October 11, 2005, 12:54:13 AM
Nickelback sucks. theyre up there with Creed in the "look, we rock so hard on overdone Nirvana riffs" category of posers.

Yall want some real metal, try Opeth, Iced Earth, or Neurosis. Damageplan was awesome too.

Good choices.

Also check out Candiria, Burnt by the Sun, Botch, Converge, Remembering Never and Keelhaul.

If you're into this type of metal, you may also be interested in an instrumetal band called Pelican.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TruckDriver

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 11, 2005, 12:38:20 AM
Nickleback is good heavy rock , decent band 
:iagree:

They are my favorite current rock band :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

bull

Nickleback is good heavy rock , decent band , the front is a 67 T bird & the rear is a 69 Charger

It looked to me like a '70 because it had chrome trim around the front marker light. All I could see of it that looked "Chargerish" was the mirror, hubcap and marker light, as well as the slope of the roofline and the door.

Ponch ®

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 11, 2005, 05:16:54 AM

theyre a rock band? theyre more like the Backstreet Boys with guitars....

Shakey

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Ponch on October 11, 2005, 11:50:12 AM
Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 11, 2005, 05:16:54 AM

theyre a rock band? theyre more like the Backstreet Boys with guitars....

Nah, more like an edgier early Creed, but without the raging Stapp-infection.

:D

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

4cruzin

They must be doing something right as they sold out their show last time through Detroit.  Makin' money strummin' a 6 string! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ponch ®

Quote from: 4cruzin on October 11, 2005, 02:54:12 PM
They must be doing something right as they sold out their show last time through Detroit.   Makin' money strummin' a 6 string!  

50 Cent and G-Unit have sold a gazillion records and stadiums all over the country. Yet most of you guys would refuse to admit that "they must be doing something right".

Crap is crap...guitars or no guitars. Millions of people CAN be wrong.

andy74

fuck nickelback,they suck.id rather listen to almost anything.rap excluded

Stormhammer

... that two song mix is actually pretty cool

though it really messes with your mind and ears trying to listen to each speaker lol

bull

So, anyway, about that Charger on the back cover...

Chryco Psycho

I looked agin , 70 not 69 ... couldn`t see the high back seats

derailed

Man, and to think im sitting here listening to really old Doobie Brothers, im starting to fall behind.

68ChargerJMP

69bananabeast

I'd have to agree that nickelback blows  :yesnod:  theyr   considered rock  ???
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Ponch ®

Quote from: drailed on October 13, 2005, 04:17:40 AM
Man, and to think im sitting here listening to really old Doobie Brothers, im starting to fall behind.

we're talking Nickelback dude...you are not missing out on anything. Let the Doobies rock on!

69charger2002

yeah i've heard that two-fer before.. it it crappy how similar they are, but guess what? i sure the hell wish i could have 2 HUGE hits with 2 songs sounding much alike. if i could do it, you bet i would.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

volk68

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on October 11, 2005, 05:48:30 AM
I'm still stuck in the 88-94 grunge

Glad I'm not the only one :icon_smile_approve:  Give me the Smashing Pumpkins any day of the week...greatest alt-rock band of all time in my book.

I liked Nickleback when I first heard them, but that sound only worked for their first single.  Everything else sounds exactly the same, and it got old really quick.  I think they suck.