News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX C500 engine on ebay.

Started by PocketThunder, April 11, 2008, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spang

so is someone here gonna get the engine? :cheers:

69_500

Okay so I finally wound up talking to the owner of the car that the engine goes to, and he is currently the high bidder on the engine. So hopefully he won't be out bid on it. I had told him that if I hadn't gotten ahold of him today I would have been bidding on it up to a certain point. Lets just say I was pretty sure I would have won the auction as I was willing to pick it up for more than what he says he would pay for it.

General_01

It's all up to him now. Hope he gets it.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69_500

I had actually joked to him about me outbidding him on the engine, and he said, if I did he would sell me the car to go with it. Then again it was already a 2 hour phone conversation just to talk to him about the engine being for sale on ebay. So it would probably be another 9 hour phone call to work out a $$$$$ for the rest of the car.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69_500 on April 13, 2008, 09:33:23 PM
I had actually joked to him about me outbidding him on the engine, and he said, if I did he would sell me the car to go with it. Then again it was already a 2 hour phone conversation just to talk to him about the engine being for sale on ebay. So it would probably be another 9 hour phone call to work out a $$$$$ for the rest of the car.

So a 9 hour phone call was enough to scare you away from a 4-speed C500?   :icon_smile_big:   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: 69_500 on April 13, 2008, 09:11:48 PM
Okay so I finally wound up talking to the owner of the car that the engine goes to, and he is currently the high bidder on the engine. So hopefully he won't be out bid on it. I had told him that if I hadn't gotten ahold of him today I would have been bidding on it up to a certain point. Lets just say I was pretty sure I would have won the auction as I was willing to pick it up for more than what he says he would pay for it.

Looks like he was outbid right after you posted your reply... is that really all he is willing to give for the original block?!?

I agreed not to bid on it, but it looks like someone is going after it...  it really needs to be reunited with the car...  I hope he reconsiders!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

General_01

He may just be playing it cool until the end. No need to drive the price up any more than neccessary.
496 stroker
4-speed

moparstuart

you have to know rick also  , I would bet that price is already 10 times more then he paid for the car   :smilielol: :smilielol: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bzabodyn

little over an hour and a half left - I really hope that Rick gets it and someone isn't lurking around trying to make a quick buck... If I was in that position, I think I'd have about a $5k budget to make sure I get that engine back together in it's original home...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

PocketThunder

Quote from: bzabodyn on April 14, 2008, 02:04:15 PM
little over an hour and a half left - I really hope that Rick gets it and someone isn't lurking around trying to make a quick buck... If I was in that position, I think I'd have about a $5k budget to make sure I get that engine back together in it's original home...

BZ

Ya i dont think there is anyone else who deserves it more.  I was told my engine is long gone.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

General_01

When I pm'd you, I was kinda hoping you would be able to get your engine back as a great Birthday gift to yourself. Oh well, you ain't going back to stock anyway Mr. 5-speed.
496 stroker
4-speed

RAC95054

I see the auction is over, and it doesn't look like Rick won.  Does anyone know who did win, and what's going to happen to it?  -Russ

BTW, I've also had a few "short" talks with Rick too, trying to pry one of the C500's from him (by short, I mean around 90 min).  He does have some awsome stories, though.  :yesnod:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: RAC95054 on April 14, 2008, 05:16:05 PM
I see the auction is over, and it doesn't look like Rick won.  Does anyone know who did win, and what's going to happen to it?  -Russ

BTW, I've also had a few "short" talks with Rick too, trying to pry one of the C500's from him (by short, I mean around 90 min).  He does have some awsome stories, though.  :yesnod:

Looks like its a guy named Frank from Ellijay, Georgia...  It is amazing to me that the car's owner would not go at least $2,000 (2-3% of restored value) to add 15-25% to his car's value.  I would have paid $1200+ to have it as a close substitute for my C500.  I sure hope it gets reunited with the car some day.

The two most likely scenarios are that an "investor" bought it to hold it hostage, or someone who plans to try to buy the car scarfed it up... maybe the buyer "addict4christ" will chime in with the answer...  could be that there was no sinister intent... I hope that is the case and Rick will yet be able to get the engine.

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

bzabodyn

I'd like to believe that, but I seriously doubt it... someone saw the number of bids on the motor and will hold it hostage to make a quick buck off of whoever wants it the most...

Like I said, he should have stretched his budget a little more because opportunities like that don't come up everyday... still, sad to see he didn't walk away with it...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

BigBlockSam

QuoteIf I was in that position, I think I'd have about a $5k budget to make sure I get that engine back together in it's original home.

:yesnod:  yep
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

Sucks that he didn't wind up winning the auction. When we talked on the phone, I told him I thought it would probably be in the $1,200 range in the end. At that time he was thinking it would probably end around $800, or at least he was hoping anyways. I know I would have been hoping for it too if it was the engine from my car.

Who knows though, maybe he will still wind up with it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Anyone confirm with the seller that the VIN # he posted is correct?  Looks like he had a typo already :scratchchin:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

VIN was correct, it was a typo.

talkiemopar

o.k. Its the talkie guy with the cg 500 Bronze who lost the auction! I can't type so you're in luck the wife refuses to type everything I say!!!  Now, about selling that 500 hmmmm. just what would I have to talk about - appreciate all the calls and I tried to up- it at the last minute but - you know e-bay. Anyone know the guy who won? Still have the 30k auto numbers matching r6 red 500 could talk about.  Wife suggests an auction when I'm done in (dead a 44 year promise she keeps making)  :lol:  She'll probably clear coat dirt and all on the bird before the auction - later she says her fingers are tired of hitting the key board.  You're also lucky I never learned to use the computer program that enters words into your comeputer with voice activatioin    :'(
later
Rick

PocketThunder

Quote from: talkiemopar on April 14, 2008, 09:15:54 PM
o.k. Its the talkie guy with the cg 500 Bronze who lost the auction! I can't type so you're in luck the wife refuses to type everything I say!!!  Now, about selling that 500 hmmmm. just what would I have to talk about - appreciate all the calls and I tried to up- it at the last minute but - you know e-bay. Anyone know the guy who won? Still have the 30k auto numbers matching r6 red 500 could talk about.  Wife suggests an auction when I'm done in (dead a 44 year promise she keeps making)  :lol:  She'll probably clear coat dirt and all on the bird before the auction - later she says her fingers are tired of hitting the key board.  You're also lucky I never learned to use the computer program that enters words into your comeputer with voice activatioin    :'(
later
Rick

He's alive!

Now dont you know you cant make your first post without pics!    :RantExplode:   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big:

See that Browse button below in your reply?   :scratchchin:

Oh and welcome!  :cheers:

tan top

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 14, 2008, 06:22:33 PM
Quote  If I was in that position, I think I'd have about a $5k budget to make sure I get that engine back together in it's original home.

:yesnod:  yep

:iagree:  me too :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

talkiemopar

o.k. bright computer mopar nuts - me the wife, tried to download some pics but with no results files to big. need help. Was going to send the pics of the cg 500 bronze but ---- How do you shrink the shots?
later here comes the 'mouth'  :lol: ;D sherry

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on April 15, 2008, 10:15:45 AM
o.k. bright computer mopar nuts - me the wife, tried to download some pics but with no results files to big. need help. Was going to send the pics of the cg 500 bronze but ---- How do you shrink the shots?
later here comes the 'mouth'  :lol: ;D sherry
  Sherry sorry you have to type for rick but great to see him on here.

Rick here is a picture of my bird convertible clone done with white decals used your car as my inspiration for the white . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Hi Rick (& Sherri too)   :wave:

Welcome to the site, heard a lot about you from Danny.

If you'd like to email the pics to me at genlewis@fidnet.com I'll resize and post them for you.

RAC95054

Quote from: bzabodyn on April 14, 2008, 06:20:30 PM
I'd like to believe that, but I seriously doubt it... someone saw the number of bids on the motor and will hold it hostage to make a quick buck off of whoever wants it the most...

Like I said, he should have stretched his budget a little more because opportunities like that don't come up everyday... still, sad to see he didn't walk away with it...

BZ

I spoke to Rick yesterday, and his max bid had already stretched his budget.  Hopefully the winning bidder has good intentions at least.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar