News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XX C500 engine on ebay.

Started by PocketThunder, April 11, 2008, 08:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAC95054

Quote from: talkiemopar on April 15, 2008, 10:15:45 AM
o.k. bright computer mopar nuts - me the wife, tried to download some pics but with no results files to big. need help. Was going to send the pics of the cg 500 bronze but ---- How do you shrink the shots?
later here comes the 'mouth'  :lol: ;D sherry

Hi, Sherry.  This is Russ.  I spoke with you a little while yesterday. I can walk you through posting pictures if you want some help.  Depending on the tool you use to view them, you can also edit them to crop them, or just do a "Save As" and it usually gives you an option to reduce the resolution, and thus the file size.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

pettybird

Quote from: RAC95054 on April 15, 2008, 12:25:08 PM

I spoke to Rick yesterday, and his max bid had already stretched his budget.  Hopefully the winning bidder has good intentions at least.

he must have gotten another truckload of off-brand soda from the A&P...  can't buy both...

Hi Sherry and Rick It's Doug Croxford.  Make sure you smack him for not buying that motor!

talkiemopar

Ok. smart Doug - surprise he bid it up but the guy had the auto and at the last second got it by 25 bucks!  We don't have an idea on how high he would go - we just ran out of time.  Ya know when you're supporting a Iraq vet motors aren't the only thing on your mind.  By the way we just shut down a auto shop. Brians doing much better. Say Hi to Mom for us.  Finally got to Yellowstone.  That trip with Mike and Peggy conversation wise was Rick sayin 'you're gonna get a ticket' at least 1k times while I did the driving.  Don't think they will travel with us anymore!  :brickwall:  45 years and I've no tickets - now him?
later all
sherry ( I'll get the pics out )

69_500

Glad to see you two are posting on here. Definitely need more people who have been into the hobby for a long time posting on here. Makes things a lot more interesting.

Believe me when I say that your not the only one who talks for hours on the phone about cars. If your ever up around INDY just stop by and ask my wife. 3 days ago she beat me home from work and got the telephone bill. First words out of her mouth was "Who lives in AZ?" "Who lives in MI?" and "Who lives in CA?" And "What on earth did you talk for 3 hours to somebody in MI about?" While I just stand there with my blank look on my face and go  :shruggy:

Looks like the winning bidder waited until the last possible minute to make a bid. I don't recognize the bidding name, but it might not hurt to try to contact him/her in the future about the engine. Who knows they might be someone with a good head on their shoulders and you could explain how the engine really should be with the car it belongs in, rather than stuffed in some A body or another car.

Ghoste

If they know you have the correct car for the engine, there could be a good chance they are hoping you will call.  :icon_smile_wink:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on April 16, 2008, 03:32:54 AM
If they know you have the correct car for the engine, there could be a good chance they are hoping you will call.  :icon_smile_wink:

Especially when they could have spent less on any other 440 on craigslist or in the paper for a lot less than $1,376.. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

spang

that guy is a mopar guy that bought the engine, I recognized his screenname from ebay, i bought some charger parts from him 5 years ago.

moparstuart

Quote from: spang on April 16, 2008, 11:05:07 AM
that guy is a mopar guy that bought the engine, I recognized his screenname from ebay, i bought some charger parts from him 5 years ago.
runn away runninghorn we are not listening to you
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on April 16, 2008, 11:27:58 AM

Why would a Chargerless guy buy Charger parts?  :scratchchin:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spang

um i am not runninghorn

hemigeno

Quote from: spang on April 16, 2008, 01:03:50 PM

um i am not runninghorn

OK, runninhorn then...   :shruggy:

RAC95054

Quote from: talkiemopar on April 15, 2008, 08:21:03 PM
Ok. smart Doug - surprise he bid it up but the guy had the auto and at the last second got it by 25 bucks!  We don't have an idea on how high he would go - we just ran out of time.  Ya know when you're supporting a Iraq vet motors aren't the only thing on your mind.  By the way we just shut down a auto shop. Brians doing much better. Say Hi to Mom for us.  Finally got to Yellowstone.  That trip with Mike and Peggy conversation wise was Rick sayin 'you're gonna get a ticket' at least 1k times while I did the driving.  Don't think they will travel with us anymore!  :brickwall:  45 years and I've no tickets - now him?
later all
sherry ( I'll get the pics out )

Hi, Sherry.  I sent you a personal message to offer my assitance with getting pictures posted, if you want to.  -Russ (from CA)
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar