News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

We'll be arriving mid to late Thursday afternoon as well.

We're leaving Chicago around midnight Thursday morning.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemigeno

I booked a room at the Jameson a night or two ago for Thursday through Sunday nights.  It surprised me that the rates went up that much for Fri-Sat. considering the distance to the Track.  Is this area like Bristol where there's not much around for an hour in any direction?  That might explain things...

Now that we're starting to make hotel plans, what about travelling plans?  Do we need to set up another thread for meeting up and/or travelling with people along the way?

Tentatively, I'd like to leave Wednesday afternoon, travel most of the way, and finish up the last couple hours of the drive Thursday morning.  I could adjust that schedule though, if a group of us wanted to travel together.  Have caffeine, will drive...

:popcrn:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on April 23, 2009, 10:33:21 AM
I booked a room at the Jameson a night or two ago for Thursday through Sunday nights.  It surprised me that the rates went up that much for Fri-Sat. considering the distance to the Track.  Is this area like Bristol where there's not much around for an hour in any direction?  That might explain things...

Now that we're starting to make hotel plans, what about travelling plans?  Do we need to set up another thread for meeting up and/or travelling with people along the way?

Tentatively, I'd like to leave Wednesday afternoon, travel most of the way, and finish up the last couple hours of the drive Thursday morning.  I could adjust that schedule though, if a group of us wanted to travel together.  Have caffeine, will drive...

I would love to travel in a caravan  LOL  but with my bad luck I dont think any of you wanna travel with me   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 23, 2009, 08:49:41 AM
I'm In! :2thumbs:
I just booked at the Comfort Inn.
Doug, I won't be arriving until late Thursday, will packets available Friday at the Jameson as well?
Also, can you tell me if I have already registered or not?
Thanks
Scott

If we don't meet up at the hotel Friday morning, just follow over to Tim's museum and pick it up your packet.   There will be directions and signs.   

As to registration, nobody is registered yet.   I will have that registration form in the May-June newsletter.  The March-April newsletter mailed out on Tuesday, so if you did not get the email edition, the smail mail copy should arrive in your mailbox today.

70Sbird

Quote from: hemigeno on April 23, 2009, 10:33:21 AM

Sounds like it may be a good Idea to see who is coming from where, and when.
Dave K, you're leaving VERY early on Thursday, what route are you taking?
I'm planning on being up at 0 dark thirty on Thursday and driving down that day, trying to minimize driving in the dark, mostly to avoid deer and such (I hit two in the last two years traveling at night - luckily in rental cars!).
I figure if I get on the road at 4 - 5 AM  in central Illinois, I should be in Alexander city shortly after dark, remember the days will be shorter then and we set the clocks back on that Saturday night anyway. I'm planning on running South through Southern IL to I-24 to Nashville, then I-65 to Birmingham. I'd love to convoy if anyone is interested. At least we could share a list of cell phone numbers between folks coming from different regions in case one of us needs help or is trying to meet up with each other.
I'm getting excited just thinking about it! :cheers:
just my  :Twocents:

Scott Faulkner

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 23, 2009, 12:49:13 PM
Dave K, you're leaving VERY early on Thursday, what route are you taking?
I'm planning on being up at 0 dark thirty on Thursday and driving down that day, trying to minimize driving in the dark, mostly to avoid deer and such (I hit two in the last two years traveling at night - luckily in rental cars!).
I figure if I get on the road at 4 - 5 AM  in central Illinois, I should be in Alexander city shortly after dark, remember the days will be shorter then and we set the clocks back on that Saturday night anyway. I'm planning on running South through Southern IL to I-24 to Nashville, then I-65 to Birmingham. I'd love to convoy if anyone is interested. At least we could share a list of cell phone numbers between folks coming from different regions in case one of us needs help or is trying to meet up with each other.
I'm getting excited just thinking about it! :cheers:
just my  :Twocents:

We will mostly just head down I-65.  In '99 a bunch of us met up in Nashville for breakfast.  Maybe that would work out?  I would get there somwhere around 7 am.

I like the cell number exchange.  How do we do that without just posting them on here for every phisher to pull off and sell to telemarketers?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hergfest

We are leaving Seattle Saturday morning...hahaha

A383Wing

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on April 23, 2009, 01:00:42 PM

I like the cell number exchange.  How do we do that without just posting them on here for every phisher to pull off and sell to telemarketers?

We do have Personal Message's here...send numbers in a PM

440mop

Hi All,
it seems that Hagerty may be able to insure me for my trip!
The downside is that they require secure overnight parking if I drive from L.A. to the meet, I have to ship the car out of Florida, as the return trip to L.A. would be too many miles for them to cover me.
The question I am now asking myself is: would it be better to ship in and out of Florida and be able to drive to the meet in a day, saving the questions about overnight security? This option will also allow me to attend the Ocala show on the way home the following weekend.
Are there any board members travelling from Florida to the meet that I could travel with?
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

moparstuart

Quote from: 440mop on April 30, 2009, 01:11:19 AM
Hi All,
The downside is that they require secure overnight parking if I drive from L.A. to the meet, I have to ship the car out of Florida, as the return trip to L.A. would be too many miles for them to cover me.
The question I am now asking myself is: would it be better to ship in and out of Florida and be able to drive to the meet in a day, saving the questions about overnight security? This option will also allow me to attend the Ocala show on the way home the following weekend.
Are there any board members travelling from Florida to the meet that I could travel with?
John
sound like a better option   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nitrometal

Quote from: 440mop on April 30, 2009, 01:11:19 AM
Hi All,
  John

Awesome, that's great news John!
Is there a big price difference between shipping it to Florida vs. L.A.?
I can't imagine it's an inexpensive endeavor either way.
I'm curious.  Are you going through the Panama Canal or coming around Africa?
You are making one heck of an effort to be there, that's for sure!   :2thumbs:
Phil
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Mr Bigblock

I cant bring my 69 down from Canada but we will be in the infield for the Halloween race and i will catch this show, where do you have the show at the museum or somwhere else  on the  property.

Aero426

Saturday during the day the cars will be on display at the Hall of Fame Museum located outside turn 4.

1carcrazyguy

Looks like I will be flying in to Atlanta on the 30th!  :2thumbs:  Got all the confirmation stuff today!! We are sitting in the Tri-Oval Tower.

Aero426

Artist Don Amadio has come up with a great logo for the 40th event.    He's still working on the shirt artwork, but I am sure it will be memorable.   Don has some real talent. 

jonw29

That logo is SWEET.I like it a lot.Jon Wood

jonw29

I am soooo ready for the reunion.I am looking forward to meeting so many members of this forum.The last one was my first one and I was so entrapped by all of the cars that I neglected to meet the people.JW

Kismgby

My new snappy screen saver!
Let's see how good they look as name tags.  My enthusiasm begins!   ;)

b5blue

You guy's know another Tally poped up on eBay?  :yesnod:

pettybird

i will definitely be buying a couple shirts for this.  are you going to make window decals?  I'd run one in the vent window...

Kismgby

I'm getting it TATTOO'D on my..no, wait...it's really hot around here.  I gotta go lie down....T'ga fever.   :flame:

Aero426

Latest updates, race ticket Info and printable registration form has been posted here. 

http://www.superbirdclub.com/events.html

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

1carcrazyguy

Flyin out 8 weeks from today. :popcrn:

hemi68charger

I just discovered that the tickets are for sale.. Has anyone had any problems getting tickets? I've left of message with the point of contact for us at Talladega to call me back.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection