News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: Mopurr on October 23, 2009, 10:09:30 PM
Friday night is the halloween costume party at the Wellborn Museum

Sat. night is an open night but since Sunday is such an early start to the track you need all the rest you can get, last time a bunch of people went down to the Sonic for a self made cruise in.

This is most likely what will happen.   Makes for some nice pictures too.

1carcrazyguy

Mopurr

The one in Alexander City, near the Wellborn Museum

hemi68charger

I'm sorry if I missed something in the thread Doug, but maybe I'm not the only one with this question. In the newsletter, you mention receiving a confirmation letter to pick up the packet and credentials. I don't believe I received anything, but did get an electronic confirmation, is this adequate enough to print and bring?

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Wildman

Had to cancel my room at the Comfort inn just now if anybody needs a room.. was looking forward to this for 5 years.. but my Chief decided to retire last friday and now the whole department is in shambles.. who knows the administration might do away with all of us.. just cant take the chance to go. You guys have fun! :'(

hemi68charger

Quote from: Wildman on October 25, 2009, 06:27:04 PM
Had to cancel my room at the Comfort inn just now if anybody needs a room.. was looking forward to this for 5 years.. but my Chief decided to retire last friday and now the whole department is in shambles.. who knows the administration might do away with all of us.. just cant take the chance to go. You guys have fun! :'(

Man, that stinks..... Sorry to hear that... Wish you luck with the department........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 24, 2009, 08:37:15 PM
I'm sorry if I missed something in the thread Doug, but maybe I'm not the only one with this question. In the newsletter, you mention receiving a confirmation letter to pick up the packet and credentials. I don't believe I received anything, but did get an electronic confirmation, is this adequate enough to print and bring?

Thanks..
Troy

Yes, you are all set and there will be a packet waiting for you at the meet.   I also emailed a full packet to anyone I had an email for earlier today.  I got behind and did not send any snail mail stuff.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on October 25, 2009, 11:21:20 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on October 24, 2009, 08:37:15 PM

Thanks..
Troy

Yes, you are all set and there will be a packet waiting for you at the meet.   I also emailed a full packet to anyone I had an email for earlier today.  I got behind and did not send any snail mail stuff.

Sweet !!!   :2thumbs:

Thanks again for EVERYTHING Doug...

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Anyone have black seat buttons that are going to 'Dega? I'm in need of two black ones for my Daytona.. Of course, two pop off prior to the show..

Cheers,
Troy
Troy

moparstuart

i'm not going down but I have an old set of front seat covers i just pulled off .  If you dont find anyone .  I can pull a couple off for you.   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

notabird

must have legendary seat covers  :flame:

hemi68charger

Quote from: notabird on October 26, 2009, 04:49:42 PM
must have legendary seat covers  :flame:

Actually, they are the originals from what I've been told.. The interior's original except for the carpet and rear inside window trim which I replaced...
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on October 26, 2009, 01:31:48 PM
i'm not going down but I have an old set of front seat covers i just pulled off .  If you dont find anyone .  I can pull a couple off for you.   

Thanks Stuart.... I'll take you up on it if I don't find anything.. My belt caught the one on the bottom driver's seat back and one was already off when I got the car.....  Such is life...  :cheers:

Troy
Troy

moparnutty

All packed up and ready to go. We will be leaving Arkansas about 8:00 AM in the morning.

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparnutty on October 27, 2009, 07:39:41 PM
All packed up and ready to go. We will be leaving Arkansas about 8:00 AM in the morning.

Us too...  Out of Houston tomorrow (Wed.)at around 7am....

Troy
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

:2thumbs: GIVE IT HELL GANG!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :cheers:    Waitin for all the pix. your gonna post.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Kismgby

We have arrived!  Missed the shindig this evening but we'll make up the socializin' part soon enough!   :cheers:

70Sbird

I arrived as well!
14 hours in the 'Bird and almost half of that was in the rain!
No mechanical issues though. :2thumbs:
I'll socialize tomorrow time for Bed now :cheers:
Is anyone else here at the Comfort inn?
Scott - the guy with the blue Superbird

Scott Faulkner

A383Wing

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 29, 2009, 10:12:39 PM

That got a bath on the way   :D

Kismgby

Quote from: A383Wing on October 29, 2009, 10:15:28 PM
Quote from: 70Sbird on October 29, 2009, 10:12:39 PM

That got a bath on the way   :D

I should have been so "lucky".  My car is FILTHY!  I now have to go to the car wash just to get rained on later today.   ::)

The70RT

I am watching practice on TV now and it looks pretty overcast.

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big Bird

Just returned this evening .... 16 hrs Bama to NJ ....... do you think we will ever get the "red Alabama clay" off our cars & trailers ? Great trip .... will be looking forward to posting pics & viewing pics
BIG - BIRD :)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

440mop

What a trip! I'm never likely to do anything like it again. It was good to meet a few of the members here and put some faces to the names.
I must say a special thank you to; Joe, Sean, Dan, Dave, Gary, Dick, Jason, Dewey, Gary and Bill, you were the best bunch of people to be travelling with!  :cheers: I apologise to those that were following me and got covered in an oil film, but that was fixed, I still haven't fixed the rear lights, Gary! :brickwall:
We have made it to Daytona Beach, funnily enough we are not using much oil at all now, perhaps it's because we are cruising at 60 rather than those higher speeds  :icon_smile_big:
Just taking it easy for a few days before the Ocala show, and then we head back West to L.A.
Thanks again
John and Derek
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

pettybird

Quote from: 440mop on November 03, 2009, 03:30:35 PM
What a trip! I'm never likely to do anything like it again. It was good to meet a few of the members here and put some faces to the names.
I must say a special thank you to; Joe, Sean, Dan, Dave, Gary, Dick, Jason, Dewey, Gary and Bill, you were the best bunch of people to be travelling with!  :cheers: I apologise to those that were following me and got covered in an oil film, but that was fixed, I still haven't fixed the rear lights, Gary! :brickwall:
We have made it to Daytona Beach, funnily enough we are not using much oil at all now, perhaps it's because we are cruising at 60 rather than those higher speeds  :icon_smile_big:
Just taking it easy for a few days before the Ocala show, and then we head back West to L.A.
Thanks again
John and Derek

I didn't know you were having electrical trouble--I can fix that stuff in my sleep!  Thanks for making the HUGE journey to join us--that was awesome!
Doug