News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 08, 2009, 08:44:47 AM
I just discovered that the tickets are for sale.. Has anyone had any problems getting tickets? I've left of message with the point of contact for us at Talladega to call me back.

Troy

Hey Troy are you  not getting the newsletter?

General registration form to fill out and return is here: 

http://www.superbirdclub.com/events.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on September 08, 2009, 08:48:04 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on September 08, 2009, 08:44:47 AM
I just discovered that the tickets are for sale.. Has anyone had any problems getting tickets? I've left of message with the point of contact for us at Talladega to call me back.

Troy

Hey Troy are you  not getting the newsletter?

General registration form to fill out and return is here: 

http://www.superbirdclub.com/events.html

I caught the registration part,   but got so wrapped up in that, family and the car itself I totally forgot to think about the race tickets....... I'll try to get the form filled out today. If I can edit the document, can I email you the registration?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Big Bird

registration form is for the club event, race tickets are to ordered direct from Talladega Speedway, Ty Gardner @  256-315-4546.  Had no problem getting through last week with Ty, ordered 4 tickets @ $ 80 each.
BIG - BIRD :)

moparnutty

Received my tickets this weekend. Truck race is also included for the 80.00.

Aero426

Cotton Owens has confirmed that he is coming to the event as our guest.

CornDogsCharger

I'm really looking forward to the event.... Just not sure if I will be able to make it all four days.  Saturday for sure I will be there and possibly Friday.  If I plan on going to the track on Sunday, do you still have to buy a ticket just to drive the car around and then leave??  I don't plan on staying for the race.  Just trying to watch money... don't really need to spend a lot.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Aero426

Quote from: CornDogsCharger on October 15, 2009, 01:17:36 PM
I'm really looking forward to the event.... Just not sure if I will be able to make it all four days.  Saturday for sure I will be there and possibly Friday.  If I plan on going to the track on Sunday, do you still have to buy a ticket just to drive the car around and then leave??  I don't plan on staying for the race.  Just trying to watch money... don't really need to spend a lot.

Justin
"CornDog"

The track has an $80 ticket package that gives you Saturday museum admission, Saturday lunch and truck race and the Sunday race ticket.    They have come back to us and asked for each car doing the parade lap to have a race ticket.    I read that as one race ticket will make them happy.   Even if you have to head home, stay if you can and watch the opening laps. 

maxwellwedge

Hey all - Anyone staying in Birmingham? I am looking to bum a ride for my son and I to the Museum Saturday AM. I am staying for the Truck race so I have a shuttle back (part of my package).

Doug, will I be able to enter the track early Saturday with my Truck and Cup tickets?

Thanks

Jimbo (My 'Dega handle  ;D )

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on October 15, 2009, 06:45:01 PM
Doug, will I be able to enter the track early Saturday with my Truck and Cup tickets?

Yup, should be no problem.   Go the Hall of Fame museum which is outside turn 4.   It has its own entrance.    Aero cars should be arriving after 9 AM.

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

maxwellwedge

440mop

Hi Folks,
just leaving for the airport in Auckland, arriving in L.A. 11.30 Tues morning! Get the car from the warehouse and then the adventure begins!!!
See you all there
John
P.S. I'll ring you Sean at arrange to meet.
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

hergfest

Getting excited, don't know how I am going to get through the next two days at work.  And I'll see you probably Saturday night 440mop.

hemi68charger

I can't wait !!! It's going to be great.........
Troy

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 20, 2009, 06:24:42 AM

I wish that I could be there... maybe in 5 years...  :P

Have fun & take lotsa pictures everyone!

You need to get Texas personalized plates DB™...  :icon_smile_wink:

XS™  :icon_smile_big:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

hemi68charger

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 20, 2009, 07:01:30 AM

If you have a room, you can go with me, I have room in the Durango, plus, I could use the help on fuel....  :nana:

Yeap, DB would be cool.......... NO ONE would know the meaning except those from here.......
Troy

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 20, 2009, 07:10:24 AM
Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 20, 2009, 07:01:30 AM

If you have a room, you can go with me, I have room in the Durango, plus, I could use the help on fuel....  :nana:

Yeap, DB would be cool.......... NO ONE would know the meaning except those from here.......

Thanks Troy, but the main issues are vacation burn-down and a recent spending spree...  :eek2:

Also, I am in the middle of physical therapy and other projects...  :P

Thanks again for the offer tho!

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Aero426

The meet will also be the first time the '71 Dodge and Plymouth wing cars will be in attendance with the Ford and Mercury versions of the King Cobras.   Now there will be an interesting photo op. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on October 20, 2009, 10:22:17 AM
The meet will also be the first time the '71 Dodge and Plymouth wing cars will be in attendance with the Ford and Mercury versions of the King Cobras.   Now there will be an interesting photo op. 

Are these Mike's from Dayclona or real ones that have somehow "survived"?
Troy

Aero426

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 20, 2009, 02:41:54 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on October 20, 2009, 10:22:17 AM

Are these Mike's from Dayclona or real ones that have somehow "survived"?

They are the two 1971 cars that the Beineke's built.

440mop

well after a little bit of hassle with customs, the car was released and we picked it up just before 6pm. can't say I enjoyed my first drive as we tried to leave L.A. in the rush "hour" traffic, so called it quits, found a motel and will continue in the morning when we will meet up with Sean in Palm Springs. See you all there!
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

hergfest

We're hitting the road about 4pm tomorrow, can't wait for the journey!  Been waiting five years for this.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 440mop on October 22, 2009, 10:07:13 PM
well after a little bit of hassle with customs, the car was released and we picked it up just before 6pm. can't say I enjoyed my first drive as we tried to leave L.A. in the rush "hour" traffic, so called it quits, found a motel and will continue in the morning when we will meet up with Sean in Palm Springs. See you all there!
John

Ah... Welcome to America's LA... Next to them, Houston traffic stinks....... So avoid it........  You did the smart thing.........   :2thumbs:

Keep truckin.
Troy

1carcrazyguy

Anything going on next Friday night? 

Saturday during the race the car will be at the musuem, right? 

Anything else planned for Saturday night?

Mopurr

Friday night is the halloween costume party at the Wellborn Museum

Sat. night is an open night but since Sunday is such an early start to the track you need all the rest you can get, last time a bunch of people went down to the Sonic for a self made cruise in.