News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

the black general lee??..

Started by blackcrowe, October 13, 2005, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackcrowe

i was told the general lee started off as a black car by some dude checkin out my r/t.. i didnt know,i jus like em wheels ya know what i mean..
just wondered if anyone had a video clip or pic from that episode ?
many thanks y'awwl ;)

bluesfool

It's always been orange from the very first show.

Dale The Bold

In the TV series, they did a flashback episode called "Happy Birthday, General Lee."   They show that the car was originally black and driven by a couple of bank robbers.   It didn't get the vector rims until the Dukes acquired the car and put their own engine in it.

Cooter only had orange paint available.   I guess he must have had a little black, red, white, and blue lying around, too.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

JimShine

I will try to dig something up.

"Happy Birthday General Lee". It was an episodes made in the really bad years of the show where they explain how Bo and Luke got the General Lee. Some crooks ripped off a black Charger (caled a 1968 in the episode), wreck it in a getaway and they buy it to stick an engine they already built in it in hopes to as usual, save the farm.

There were a few in the episode. One looked like it may have still had the vinyl top on it. The black paint was usually more satin than gloss, and the interior was that awful off white/tan they used later in the show. It is an intersting episode that was a real highpoint in that era. If you ever catch it, pay attention to the jumps as you will see they were model cars by this time.

BTW, the General Lee was painted a couple of times during the show. Once it was green and I believe in the Coy and Vance era it was black once.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: JimShine on October 13, 2005, 12:26:59 PM
...and the interior was that awful off white/tan they used later in the show.

You typed "awful" when you meant to say "beautiful."
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Charger_Fan

I'm damn glad I got outta bed today, that's something I hadn't heard before. ;D

Speaking of which, isn't it about time for the next season to come out on DVD?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mustanghater

in one show boss steals the general and paints it a bunch of different colors.I think one of the colors was black.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

dkn1997

in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.  I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.  Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

One has a bad radiator that cooter patches up, but of course let's go in the middle of whatever scam they are running on some bad guy.

also I remember that they were on a racetrack in that episode.
RECHRGED

Doc74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 13, 2005, 02:49:28 PM

According to amazon, season 5 will be released December 13th

JimShine

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 13, 2005, 03:36:20 PM
in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.   I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.   Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

One has a bad radiator that cooter patches up, but of course let's go in the middle of whatever scam they are running on some bad guy.

"The Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough". The track was used in many Dukes shows and other TV shows. It is Saugus Speedway in California.

In the show Cale had a white Charger and Cooter had an extra to make the 3rd decoy. That episode has a huge continuty flaw in the story line if you pay close attention.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Doc74 on October 13, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 13, 2005, 02:49:28 PM

According to amazon, season 5 will be released December 13th
Season 5? Geez, I need to get my butt to the store! Last one I knew of was season 3. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.  I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.  Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

Actually, they had ONE spare 69, and they painted ?Dale Yarlborough's? 69, to keep Boss Hogg from getting his hands on the ?turbo? that ?Dale? installed in his car.  It's been a while since I've seen it, obviously.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

FastbackJon

What's wrong with you guys? General Lee was white!

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blown70

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

moparjohn

Blackcrowe, that black Charger w/vectors is HOT! is it yours? And what was the flaw? besides the Duke boys only bolted on the 1 piece (no exhaust stuff)
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

mustanghater

I rent mine. to cheap to buy them.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

az69rtcharger

Quote from: FastbackJon on October 13, 2005, 05:08:42 PM
What's wrong with you guys? General Lee was white!

Or Grey, maybe a metalic silver........... ;)

moparguy01

Quote from: Ghost on October 13, 2005, 04:49:01 PM

Actually, they had ONE spare 69, and they painted ?Dale Yarlborough's? 69, to keep Boss Hogg from getting his hands on the ?turbo? that ?Dale? installed in his car.  It's been a while since I've seen it, obviously.

Cale! Cale Yarborough. jesh man dont you ever watch vintage nascar?

in the show it was black, dark green, blue, a couple different shades of orange, it was also a "4x4" in 1 episode.

TheGhost

Quote from: moparguy01 on October 13, 2005, 08:30:14 PM
Quote from: Ghost on October 13, 2005, 04:49:01 PM

Cale! Cale Yarborough. jesh man dont you ever watch vintage nascar?

No....  Didn't know they showed it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

blackcrowe

yowsa! its mine right enuff-thanks!! :icon_smile_big:
im glad i got some replies on this--i dint know whether the guy was BS 'n or not--all i can remember is the start and finish sequences of the DOH but that was years ago--seen the new film and thought it was pretty damn good--hot gals,genny lee and ac/dc--great stuff! ;D

JimShine

Your car is beautiful. That is what I originally hoped my '69 would look like someday. The body was just too rough to pull black off.

kikgas01

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: blackcrowe on October 13, 2005, 12:13:30 PM
i was told the general lee started off as a black car

You could be the first to do a photo negative GL.

Orange bumper and letters on the door and roof but leave the flag original colors.

or you could ghost the rest of the detail in black. That would look cool. The EVIL GL.

And kikgas01 that picture is just sad to see.
Are you trying to get a group of grown men to cry?     :bawling:

JimShine

That pic Kikgas posted is one of the black Chargers from Happy Birthday General Lee. Not sure, but looks like it may be the one from the junkyard scene. Notice the satin paint. Never really realized how much my car looked like it until now.

volk68

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on October 14, 2005, 02:27:32 PM
Quote from: blackcrowe on October 13, 2005, 12:13:30 PM
i was told the general lee started off as a black car

You could be the first to do a photo negative GL.

Orange bumper and letters on the door and roof but leave the flag original colors.

or you could ghost the rest of the detail in black. That would look cool. The EVIL GL.

And kikgas01 that picture is just sad to see.
Are you trying to get a group of grown men to cry?   :bawling:

A GL done with nothing but clear coat ghosted graphics on black could be seriously cool :yesnod:

ChargerBill

Very sweet ride..any Charger in Black looks just right IMO!

Can't wait for the new Dukes DVD release... ;D
Life is a highway...

blackcrowe

many thanks y'awll for your kind words--i cant take credit for gettin it straight-but i did havta reshoot it due to a reaction in the paint popping up later-thats when ya appreciate how big these thangs are! :icon_smile_wink:

also did anyone else dig the first general in the new movie when it was really rough

"i win tha bet you summbitch!!" heheheheh :icon_smile_blackeye:

Lowprofile

Quote from: JimShine on October 13, 2005, 03:44:07 PM
in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.   I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.   Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

"The Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough". The track was used in many Dukes shows and other TV shows. It is Saugus Speedway in California.

In the show Cale had a white Charger and Cooter had an extra to make the 3rd decoy. That episode has a huge continuty flaw in the story line if you pay close attention.

Wow! The Dukes are so awesome!   :puke: :scared: :puke: :scared: :puke: :scared: :moon: :moon: :moon: Enough with the DOH Already.  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

OK , I feel better,...... Carry On.
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TheGhost

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 15, 2005, 11:23:10 PM
Wow! The Dukes are so awesome!   :puke: :scared: :puke: :scared: :puke: :scared: :moon: :moon: :moon: Enough with the DOH Already.  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

OK , I feel better,...... Carry On.

They were alot better than most of the crap on TV today.

blackcrowe

here ya are dude--ive put som of em wheel openin moldins awn her since jus ta break up the blaaackness a smidjun :yesnod:

ChargerBill

Am an not a huge fan of Vector wheels at all, but dude...your combo is one of the best I've ever seen!!!! Vector wheels look plain 'ole BAD @$$ on a black Charger. Kudos man, that ride is very sweet! More pics?!??!?! :drool5:
Life is a highway...

chargervert

I would do the General Lee graphics,in satin black decal materail,like Chrysler did with the black cars with black graphics!That would be really cool,yet sick,and sinister!On the numbers you could do solid black with a black out line,and the letters General Lee,could be outlines,with the insides of the lettering having your gloss black to offset them,and the flag could be the same,by using the gloss,and the matte to offset each other!

Brock Samson

Seriously Great Lookin Car there!!!  ;) WOW!!

blackcrowe

:icon_smile_wink: hey thanks! i got a lil   1/25 general lee from a friend years ago--he painted it black an' i thought "im gonna have one like this some day"
if ya want somthin bad enuff youll get it..oneday :yesnod:

ChargerBill

blackcrowe, that car is dialed! Those red drums make it look even cooler, if that's at all possible...

Hey, in all honesty, why mess with a good thing? I wouldn't mess up that beautiful paint job with an "01" on the side...the car looks perfect as is.  :Twocents:

Any more pics? :icon_smile_big:
Life is a highway...

blackcrowe

;)thanks!!
i think the HP cars all got red painted drums from the factory--i made up some front center caps outta ice cream tubs n' a bit of paint-heheh backyard stuff huh!
shes a 440 4 speed with a dana 3.54--pretty good fun awn tha street!

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: blackcrowe on October 17, 2005, 12:13:41 PM
i made up some front center caps outta ice cream tubs n' a bit of paint-heheh backyard stuff huh!

I love it when people make parts for their car out of everyday items and make it look like it should have come from the manufacturer that way.

Very Cool

You do know what the big boys call that kind of creativity ??
A proto-type.

Carlwalski

I've had an idea to build a black General Lee for some time. I did a really poor photo shop using plain 'ole Microsoft paint.

I would call it the: "Rebel Lee" the dark side of the Duke family.  :icon_smile_cool:

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

genlee1970

Quote from: blackcrowe on October 15, 2005, 12:08:16 PM
many thanks y'awll for your kind words--i cant take credit for gettin it straight-but i did havta reshoot it due to a reaction in the paint popping up later-thats when ya appreciate how big these thangs are! :icon_smile_wink:

also did anyone else dig the first general in the new movie when it was really rough

The rough General was awesome!!!! I saw one like it at Dukes Fest in June and was blown away by the concept. I think the owner thought I was nuts because I checked it out for so long. I think a car like that would be even more fun than my finished one. You could drive it any time, anywhere. Slide accross the hood or climb in the windows, if you felt like being a jackass. Just have fun without worrying about scratching the paint, etc. If the Dukes were a real life situation, that's likely what the General would look like anyway, given the way it was driven. Maybe some day....

THE COLONEL

Quote from: genlee1970 on December 18, 2005, 03:29:24 PM

The rough General was awesome!!!! I saw one like it at Dukes Fest in June and was blown away by the concept.

Are you coming back to Dukesfest this year too?
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Mike DC

Yeah, I liked the "pre-Cooter" GL too.  But I think it really needed the flag & lettering on the roof to be a General Lee.  I would have also given it a smaller-style pushbar (and then the post-Cooter car would have had the wide pushbar).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original GL idea in 1978 was probably closer to the pre-Cooter car than the post-Cooter one.  The average dirt-track car in 1978 was a rollcaged musclecar with no trim at all and little or no glass.  There would be a pair of front seats and nothing else inside.  Continuity issues were probably the only reason the GL was as nice as it was in the series.  It's faster & easier to build GLs when they're kept closer to a street-legal Charger.

Of course, at that point it should've had steel wheels, and few amateur racecars ever have CB radios in them . . .

Ghoste

Blackcrowe, I love the red drums too.  I'd also put another vote for doing all the graphics in black and don't add a pushbar to the front.  That would be an impressive update on the GL scehme.

70 Battle Horse

If the General Lee was black it would be called the" Bad M - Fn Gen-er-Ralll Lee -Yo "

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Spartan

Quote from: Dale The Bold on October 13, 2005, 12:26:53 PM
Cooter only had orange paint available.   I guess he must have had a little black, red, white, and blue lying around, too.

If he only had orange, I wonder, did Cooter whork for HLPAG? ;)
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

NYCMille

DOOD!!! that is just a BADASS!! car... plain and simple... very nicely done...

bull

Isn't it funny how Cooter can knock out a perfect paint job in 10 hours and pull '69 Chargers and their parts out of nowhere all day long but he just can't seem to handle the simple stuff? I swear he's a photocopy character of Scotty from Star Trek.

genlee1970

Quote from: THE COLONEL on December 18, 2005, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: genlee1970 on December 18, 2005, 03:29:24 PM

The rough General was awesome!!!! I saw one like it at Dukes Fest in June and was blown away by the concept.

Are you coming back to Dukesfest this year too?

Hell yeah, I'll be there!!! I think Nashville's a little farther out than   Bristol. What's another hour or two on top of the 16 it took me to drive to Bristol. Then again, who complains about having to spend 18 hrs driving a charger. I once lamented that I had to drive my Charger for 18 hours, til I saw a man who didn't have one.
One thing I've learned from driving to the Nats, Carlisle, Dukes Fest, etc.;you have to make the drive part of the fun. I'll tell ya, coming back from Carlisle this year was awesome. Pete (aka Chargervert) and I were bombarded with attention in the General all the way home (8 hrs) College girls, families,college girls,older people, college girls...waving taking pictures, videos, thumbs up, "hit the horn man!!!" It just doesn't get any better than that. Yee HA

BTW, that black Charger looks soooo evil. Great job BLackcrowe. :METAL: :punkrocka: :cheers:l