News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

the black general lee??..

Started by blackcrowe, October 13, 2005, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackcrowe

i was told the general lee started off as a black car by some dude checkin out my r/t.. i didnt know,i jus like em wheels ya know what i mean..
just wondered if anyone had a video clip or pic from that episode ?
many thanks y'awwl ;)

bluesfool

It's always been orange from the very first show.

Dale The Bold

In the TV series, they did a flashback episode called "Happy Birthday, General Lee."   They show that the car was originally black and driven by a couple of bank robbers.   It didn't get the vector rims until the Dukes acquired the car and put their own engine in it.

Cooter only had orange paint available.   I guess he must have had a little black, red, white, and blue lying around, too.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

JimShine

I will try to dig something up.

"Happy Birthday General Lee". It was an episodes made in the really bad years of the show where they explain how Bo and Luke got the General Lee. Some crooks ripped off a black Charger (caled a 1968 in the episode), wreck it in a getaway and they buy it to stick an engine they already built in it in hopes to as usual, save the farm.

There were a few in the episode. One looked like it may have still had the vinyl top on it. The black paint was usually more satin than gloss, and the interior was that awful off white/tan they used later in the show. It is an intersting episode that was a real highpoint in that era. If you ever catch it, pay attention to the jumps as you will see they were model cars by this time.

BTW, the General Lee was painted a couple of times during the show. Once it was green and I believe in the Coy and Vance era it was black once.

Dale The Bold

Quote from: JimShine on October 13, 2005, 12:26:59 PM
...and the interior was that awful off white/tan they used later in the show.

You typed "awful" when you meant to say "beautiful."
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Charger_Fan

I'm damn glad I got outta bed today, that's something I hadn't heard before. ;D

Speaking of which, isn't it about time for the next season to come out on DVD?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mustanghater

in one show boss steals the general and paints it a bunch of different colors.I think one of the colors was black.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

dkn1997

in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.  I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.  Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

One has a bad radiator that cooter patches up, but of course let's go in the middle of whatever scam they are running on some bad guy.

also I remember that they were on a racetrack in that episode.
RECHRGED

Doc74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 13, 2005, 02:49:28 PM

According to amazon, season 5 will be released December 13th

JimShine

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 13, 2005, 03:36:20 PM
in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.   I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.   Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

One has a bad radiator that cooter patches up, but of course let's go in the middle of whatever scam they are running on some bad guy.

also I remember that they were on a racetrack in that episode.

"The Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough". The track was used in many Dukes shows and other TV shows. It is Saugus Speedway in California.

In the show Cale had a white Charger and Cooter had an extra to make the 3rd decoy. That episode has a huge continuty flaw in the story line if you pay close attention.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Doc74 on October 13, 2005, 03:39:50 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 13, 2005, 02:49:28 PM

According to amazon, season 5 will be released December 13th
Season 5? Geez, I need to get my butt to the store! Last one I knew of was season 3. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

in another episode, there are 3 general Lee's.  I forget why, but they needed a couple of decoys.  Of course cooter has 2 other 69's laying around and they paint them all orange.

Actually, they had ONE spare 69, and they painted ?Dale Yarlborough's? 69, to keep Boss Hogg from getting his hands on the ?turbo? that ?Dale? installed in his car.  It's been a while since I've seen it, obviously.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

FastbackJon

What's wrong with you guys? General Lee was white!

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blown70

hydroforce

'68 CHARGER -'05 RUMBLE BEE 4X4 -'05 RAM 2500 Deisel  -'94 GMC VAN 4X4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191750/1 -'68 CHARGER
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2190250 '05 RUMBLE BEE

moparjohn

Blackcrowe, that black Charger w/vectors is HOT! is it yours? And what was the flaw? besides the Duke boys only bolted on the 1 piece (no exhaust stuff)
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

mustanghater

I rent mine. to cheap to buy them.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

az69rtcharger

Quote from: FastbackJon on October 13, 2005, 05:08:42 PM
What's wrong with you guys? General Lee was white!

Or Grey, maybe a metalic silver........... ;)

moparguy01

Quote from: Ghost on October 13, 2005, 04:49:01 PM

Actually, they had ONE spare 69, and they painted ?Dale Yarlborough's? 69, to keep Boss Hogg from getting his hands on the ?turbo? that ?Dale? installed in his car.  It's been a while since I've seen it, obviously.

Cale! Cale Yarborough. jesh man dont you ever watch vintage nascar?

in the show it was black, dark green, blue, a couple different shades of orange, it was also a "4x4" in 1 episode.

TheGhost

Quote from: moparguy01 on October 13, 2005, 08:30:14 PM
Quote from: Ghost on October 13, 2005, 04:49:01 PM

Cale! Cale Yarborough. jesh man dont you ever watch vintage nascar?

No....  Didn't know they showed it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

blackcrowe

yowsa! its mine right enuff-thanks!! :icon_smile_big:
im glad i got some replies on this--i dint know whether the guy was BS 'n or not--all i can remember is the start and finish sequences of the DOH but that was years ago--seen the new film and thought it was pretty damn good--hot gals,genny lee and ac/dc--great stuff! ;D

JimShine

Your car is beautiful. That is what I originally hoped my '69 would look like someday. The body was just too rough to pull black off.

kikgas01