News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What did you find restoring your car?

Started by mustanghater, October 13, 2005, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: Charge It! on October 13, 2005, 06:55:19 PM
The answers over here were not enough for you?   http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=2062748&page=0&fpart=all
"We found so many things over the years it not funny".
Well what did YOU find in your LONG life of restoring cars?

Hey Charge It,

Did you know:

Many people are members here and on Moparts?

Many people post similar or the exact same questions on both sites in hopes of getting the most possible answers?

That I looked at your profile and see under the section "show last posts" you have 3 pages worth and that of the 30 on the first page, posts:

were all directed at mustanghater in a negative way?

I realize that the young fellow asks some foolish questions and can't spell to save his life but has he done something to you personally?   Maybe he has and I missed it or I just didn't do enough homework, if so - carry on.

I'm not usually one to stir up shit or pick fights, and that is not what I am trying to do here, but I am one for sticking up for people when I see them being treated unfairly.   I will not stick up for someone if they are being a blatant and ignorant asshole, which he is not.

Shakey

I was taking out my headliner a few weeks back and found a peach pit!  :shruggy:

694spdRT

I found a cool pair of '70s Elvis sunglasses that my dad must have wore back then.  :coolgleamA:

Other things like newspaper's and magazines from way back, tools, change, etc.

I did find a crack pipe in a IROC Camaro so maybe you do need to be on drugs to own a.....oh nevermind.  :)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BigBlackDodge

Rusty razor blades and little plastic baggies (empty of course!)............... :o The car sat in the hood for about five years before be rescued! :icon_smile_big:

BBD

andy74

me and a buddy were at a junk yard a few weeks ago,pulled seat out of an older caddy,he needed em for some fucked up van thing hes doing,and we found a penthouse(1990,april)and 2 pairs of womens panties-does that count?

always find stuff in the auction cars at the dealership,found a 20 dollar winning lotto ticket last week

and mustang hatter just gets on some peoples nerves,after that but hole deal he lost respect-charge it is just the most vocal,cut him a little slack

ipstrategies

Condoms (in wrapper)
Shot Gun Shell
1/2 Joint
I would say the Charger was the place to party in its day.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

THE CHARGER PUNK

my buddy is currently restoring a triple green 68 charger r/t ex-cop car and there loads of bullets and shells ranging fom pistols to shot gun to m-60 shells of course ther were a few bullett holes in car as well,oh and a cb radio was strapped to inside of trunk.-MATT

p.s. this was an ex-cop car in mexico so you can figure why there is bullet holes in car :D

Charge It!

Quote from: Shakey on October 14, 2005, 12:22:25 PM
Quote from: Charge It! on October 13, 2005, 06:55:19 PM
The answers over here were not enough for you?   http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=2062748&page=0&fpart=all
"We found so many things over the years it not funny".
Well what did YOU find in your LONG life of restoring cars?

Hey Charge It,

Did you know:

Many people are members here and on Moparts?

Many people post similar or the exact same questions on both sites in hopes of getting the most possible answers?

That I looked at your profile and see under the section "show last posts" you have 3 pages worth and that of the 30 on the first page, posts:

were all directed at mustanghater in a negative way?

I realize that the young fellow asks some foolish questions and can't spell to save his life but has he done something to you personally?   Maybe he has and I missed it or I just didn't do enough homework, if so - carry on.

I'm not usually one to stir up shit or pick fights, and that is not what I am trying to do here, but I am one for sticking up for people when I see them being treated unfairly.   I will not stick up for someone if they are being a blatant and ignorant asshole, which he is not.

I apologize.

mustanghater

I deleted it when it. I didn't know it started till a few hours into the post.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Shakey

Quote from: MustangHater on October 14, 2005, 04:25:06 PM

Hey Pal,

If you want to help yourself with regards to the way you get treated around here, try proof reading your posts out loud to yourself before hitting the post button.  Ask yourself as you read it - does this sound proper and make sense!  Will others understand what I am trying to say? 

With all due respect, I have no clue as to what you are saying here.

chargermick

When I was installing a new turn signal switch, I couldn't get the new wiring to pull up into the steering column. After shining a light into the column, I found 3 Coors beer bottle caps. That deep into the column, I figure they must have come from the factory. I bet my car was built on a Friday.lol

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

psykicpup

Quote from: Shakey on October 14, 2005, 06:25:07 PM
Quote from: MustangHater on October 14, 2005, 04:25:06 PM

Hey Pal,

If you want to help yourself with regards to the way you get treated around here, try proof reading your posts out loud to yourself before hitting the post button.   Ask yourself as you read it - does this sound proper and make sense!   Will others understand what I am trying to say?  

With all due respect, I have no clue as to what you are saying here.

I believe the young man is referring to the unfortunate picture incident on his website- which he has repeatedly apologised for- and I think may safely be dropped as a subject matter. :eyes:

I have noticed, if few else have that 'mustang' is trying very hard to be less irritating so cudos to the guy :)

lets keep the teasing for when he deserves it yeah ;)

PS that was very mature & gracious of you 'Charge it' :yesnod:
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

andy74

i am still working on not putting the f word in all my posts,ill let mustang boy off the hook until he does something else stupid-he is just a young kid who doesnt know any better

'CUDA360

I bought a green '74 'CUDA a while back but it had lots of spoons with a white chrystal substance dried on them.
As I dug deeper I found some used up syringes :icon_smile_question:

I am told that guy got out of jail recently :rotz:

Spartan

My car I only found mouse crap in the hood pad and my headliner, and junk the factory guys didn't want to clean out before they put in the carpet. I also found a slipper of mine this summer behind the rear seat.  I lost back in 88 when I moved out of college for the summer.  Too bad I threw out the one I did have about 16 years ago

My dad's "new" 67 we found .22 shells, spent and live ones; a page out of a book in spanish, and some other unsavory stuff when we gutted it.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Lowprofile

Interesting things found over the years.....

A pearl Necklace [ :icon_smile_shock: ok, stop right there!]   in the dash of my 68 El Camino
A Craftsman Torque Wrench behind the back seat of a 68 Coronet I was parting out [I still have it!]
Womens undies [70's bloomer style] under the front seat of my 69 Charger. It was also accompanied by a used Trojan & wrapper.  :puke:
A Sun Dried Rodent of some kind in the headliner of a 70 Camaro my brother owned.
A disassembled Ford flathead in the trunk of a 69 RoadRunner I bought site unseen from a Junk yard about 15 yrs ago!  

Too much other stuff to remember! :icon_smile_big:

Good Thread MH   :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

JimShine

Seems like most of us have found dead rodents. Here is the mouse I found huddled up by the dome light under the headliner of my '68. They must eat the insulation as I think only about 25% of the liner was still intact.

HeavyFuel

This was it.  Don't ask me what those triangle things are, I don't know.  But they were under the carpeting.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

JimShine

Cool key tag there Heavyfuel. I have a buddy that collects the Maine versions of those. Too bad they don't do those today.

Charger_Croatia

Coins
Some old Scotch tape
Black sunglasses
Few screws under the carpet
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

HeavyFuel

Quote from: JimShine on October 18, 2005, 02:20:45 AM
Cool key tag there Heavyfuel. I have a buddy that collects the Maine versions of those. Too bad they don't do those today.

Yeah, it was kinda cool to find those.  I remember my dad having one of those tags on his keyring when I was a kid. 

The set pictured was wired to the radiator support, I suppose in case the guy locked his keys in the car.  Kinda risky, I guess, since the hoods don't lock down, but those were different days then.

ChargerBill

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 17, 2005, 11:04:53 PM
This was it.   Don't ask me what those triangle things are, I don't know.   But they were under the carpeting.

HeavyFuel, where did you get the license plate key ring? I want one....
Life is a highway...