News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What did you find restoring your car?

Started by mustanghater, October 13, 2005, 04:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

We found so many things over the years it not funny. What did you find?

PS: does anyone know why their would be one radio in the dash and another behind it?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Old Moparz

Quote from: MustangHater on October 13, 2005, 04:21:27 PM

PS: does anyone know why their would be one radio in the dash and another behind it?

Yes, sometimes shorter drivers get cold quicker than taller ones. The shorter of the short, can actually climb up inside the dash where it's a lot warmer since the heater originates from that point. Boredom can set in quickly since there's apparently nothing to do inside the dash frame, so Chrysler engineers thought they could create the convenience of being able to have a radio in there. Once you check for faulty wiring & firewall leaks, there isn't anything else to do, so you may as well listen to the radio.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

psykicpup

da*n they told me the job was top secret!
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Old Moparz

:D   Relax.

The question made no sense, maybe wording it better will help. As for finding weird stuff, I found a mushroom growing out of the carpet in my Barracuda.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

JimShine

A few dead rodents, lots of tools like screw drivers and pliars,, receipts, notes, change, broken ballast resistors, keys, garbage.

The neatest thing I have found was in my '68. When I removed the windshield the original little code tag for one of the keys was revealed wedged between the A pillar plastic, dash and glass.

67RedCharger

I found snake skins under the front seats as a result of the flintstone floor board on the passenger side front.   I gave "Ole Red" to the wife in 1971 and she never told me that the heater core leaked since the floor mats covered up the water.   Soooo a hole came into the passenger side floor board.   When I parked the car out by the cow pasture fence in 1982 I discovered the hole in the floor board so I threw the floor mats away since they were rotted.     I started the restoration in   2000 was when I found the snake skins along with a ground hog that had drilled out a hole in the ground under the car and had dirt piled up all around the sides around the car.   I used a FORD tractor to pull the car from the abiss of the critter world with only one wheel turning.   The other three wheels were rusted to the brake pads.   But with all of that bad aspect stuff, I found my little girls stuff under the rear seats such as hair bobs, crayons, pencils, tinker toys, coloring book, small dolls, etc: a working clear plastic wrist watch with a boy and girl on a see saw as part of the action figures ticking away (after I wound it up)   The little girl was 28 when she recovered her wrist watch in 2000.   "Ole Red" was completely re-done with every bolt removed and only the headliner stayed in the car, and the car was totally restored in every respect.   Kimberly will someday get the car when I can no longer drive her.   The rear differential was totally covered with dirt daubers 5 deep on the rear end.   I had to get the car steamed cleaned before my mechanic would touch it.   Exhuast system was done by TTI with 2 1/2 inch pipes with a H pipe, engine bored .040 thousand and blueprinted with a COMP cam per the reccomendation of Herb McCandless ( doesn't lope like a Cheby)   26" radiator 4 core with a 7 blade clutched fan with a Ingesol high speed water pump to keep the engine cool since the water jacket is so close to the cylinders. 8 track tape player still works along with the am/fm original radio but with new speakers in the rear trunk flap ( cut those holes in the trunk flap January 1967 first week I had the car)

~ 67RedCharger ~

Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

Charge It!

The answers over here were not enough for you?   http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Test&Number=2062748&page=0&fpart=all
"We found so many things over the years it not funny".
Well what did YOU find in your LONG life of restoring cars?

mustanghater

I've helped out with a few times with my dad.
theirs the rely old pot
car parts
signs
tools
and that radio the puzzels everyone we talk to
New Muscle car forum

ChargerBill

I think this was the 100th question I asked when I FIRST joined the old board.

Set of 915 heads
4 office phones
forks, knives, spoons
dish drying rack
Throw rug
1 silver quarter
2 silver dimes
bunchs of stuff.....

What gets me is that you already posted this at Moparts and were so bored you decided to post it here too. :rotz:
Life is a highway...

Brock Samson

was it as confusingly worded, spelled and unpunctuated there too?..   :P

ChargerBill

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 13, 2005, 08:23:32 PM
was it as confusingly worded, spelled and unpunctuated there too?..     :P

Poorly worded? Did I confuse you?....
Life is a highway...

Brock Samson

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

TruckDriver

Money
screw drivers (for some reason, I always find the phillips screw driver)
matches and lighters
garbage
pot pipe once
dead mice
spiders
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

chrisII

guesss that with the # of cars ive parted out or stripped for racing  i would have found more cool stuff....the normal 8 tracks and cassetttes, assorted wrenches (always look under the radiator on an older (72-92)  dodge truck) i have a nice stanley tape mesure, and a "buck knife"never anything cool tho.

BigBlockSam

i found a bar of ivory soup from the late 70's under the rear seat. i found that some one fixed both quarters and fenders with a old corrugated pool. it even had woodgrain contact paper on it. then  an inch of bondo. the guy was an artist, cause it looked good. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Brock Samson

Ask Todd about his '69 quarters sometime...  ;D

hemihead

I found an old lunch bag inside my lower 1/4, in front of the wheel well.I'm guessing from the assembly line because there were never any repairs made there.I forget the name on it.I also had a friend who bought a new 69 Road Runner and found cigarette butts in the valve train area.Later, I read guys smoking on the line would duck their butts in there so they won't get caught smoking on the line.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

about a third of a joint, in the map pocket, driver's side...  :icon_smile_big:

TheGhost

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 14, 2005, 12:02:08 AM
about a third of a joint, in the map pocket, driver's side...  :icon_smile_big:

Stuff you left in your car and forgot about doesn't count, strat. :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

NorwayCharger

I found my mobilephone that i have reported stolen 4 weeks prior to finaly getting started to rip out the interior ;D
I was in the car making a list of stuff that was good/bad and things that i would have to buy new, then i must have droped my phone under the seats..
Then i found a lot of RUST..
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

purple70rt

Here are couple of things in my 70 plymouth.  I had the car in high school 15 years ago and just recently got it back.  Car never had a headliner in it when I drove it as a teenager.  I was putting new floor pans in it last winter in it.  Was on a creeper cleaning up frame rails and looked up and seen the big "RICO" spray painted on roof.  Also found a secret compartment someone made where the driver vent housing went.  Pretty good hiding place for "RICO".  I posted this on the old site so a lot of you have probably seen this, but here are a couple of pics.