News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My best friend, my Dobermann named Zaidan, died at 11.45am/ upd. p2

Started by CB, October 16, 2005, 05:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

The vet had to put him to sleep. 1 of the toughest decisions of my life.
Goodbye my friend, you are free now.
Rest in peace...
I will always love you ...  :'(

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

derailed

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

NorwayCharger

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

bull

Sorry man. A friend of mine had a Doberman that looked just like Zaidan. Awesome dogs.

472 R/T SE

Sorry to hear CB, not an easy time.

There's a really nice website to visit whens something like this happens.  Chris, (Burnt) knows where it is.

nh_mopar_fan

Steve P.

I'm sorry brother. I know the feeling all too well.. He'll allways be with you in your heart and soul..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger4404spd

Sorry CB, I know how you feel. I had to do that to my husky in July. That too was the hardest decision I have ever made.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CFMopar

Sorry to hear that cb. My dog joy is getting old and I give her only a year or 2 left. She has a real young heart at 11 but her body cant keep up. leg surgery twice and now cataracs.

Just remeber time heals all wounds and you still have the memories of the time spent. Remember the fun 5 years you guys had.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparguy01

Sorry to hear that buddy. At least he's not hurting anymore. which i know isnt worth awhole lot.
take care.

Doc74

I'm so sorry to hear that CB.
I've seen him and it's hard not to love him.
Keep your chin up man

RECHRGD

I know just how you feel.  Sorry for your loss.  The bonds we build withour pets are usually stronger than the ones we build with most people.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Chris G.

CB, very sorry to hear this news and your terrible loss. This hits very close to home for me. We lost our little one at just 2yrs old. The pain goes away, but not the sadness. In a month or two, I would start looking for another pup. Trust me, Zaidan will help you make that decision, and you will love the new one just as much.

This is a nice place to visit and perhaps register. www.rainbowsbridge.com Say hello to Sophey from NJ when you're there.  :icon_smile_sad:

JimShine

I remember when I lost a pet a few years ago it hurt real bad. Someone sent me this. It may seem sort of mushy to some, but it did make me feel a little better when I read it.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

71Charger500

Im so sorry for your lost.  I lost my baby Willie last fall.  Thinking about it still brings tears. 
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

Charger4404spd

Quote from: JimShine on October 16, 2005, 01:35:26 PM
I remember when I lost a pet a few years ago it hurt real bad. Someone sent me this. It may seem sort of mushy to some, but it did make me feel a little better when I read it.

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Thats a nice thought Jim, thanks for sharing that.

Johnny SixPack

You have my thoughts and prayers, CB.

It's never easy, but you have eased his pain and given him peace.

May his memories and love give you the same.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Silver R/T

that sucks, good dog is hard to find. hope you find good replacement
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

89MOPAR

Sorry that you had to make that choice.
My dog has been with me through girlfriends, moves, cars, etc
Your dog had  someone to love him for 5+ years, that is more than most animals get.

Make sure if you get a new dog in the future, to throw a blanket over the passenger or back seat of your Charger and take him for a ride every so often.
When I pull the car cover off the "Super Coupe" , Wolfgang [my dog] always gets excited because he knows he gets to ride in that old car !
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Nupe

Sorry to hear that CB.  

My dog will be 10 in February and has been fine until this Spring when she hurt her knee.   She just doesn't look too well anymore and it sucks seeing them like a pup one day and like an old timer the next.   :-[   Dogs are better than most people these days...

:angel:

'79 Lil'Red Express.