News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

low miles 500.

Started by Brock Samson, June 07, 2008, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

some pics from it up on the trailer...

Brock Samson

a few more I'll resize and post...
some times the coolest cars are out in the parking lot - way over yonder like this one...

ok i magified the pic 24868... miles...
i'd prolly kill for this car.  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

BTW: Johnny Paycheck was in the 8 track...

tan top

awesome low miles C500 :drool5:   :drool5:   like that lots       :drool5:  love to  own that   :'(   
only original once    :yesnod:                    good pictures Brock thanks for sharing   :2thumbs:                         
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Daytona R/T SE

hemi68charger

Wow !!!!!  and with A/C !!!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

HKCharger

Ghoste

Very nice, I really like the white interior in that car.

69_500

Nice looking ride.

R4 red, white interior, white tail stripe, with A/C and an 8 track. checked all the information I have, and didn't come up with a VIN to match the car though. Love the turn down tips on the exhaust too, could possibly be a N95 car?
I like how the bezels are body color too and not stripe color.

nascarxx29

Maybe you can narrow it down by process of elimination of cars you know with AC and see what ones are left unaccounted for .I found 2 of my friends AC cars on here.16 was recorded in this older paperwork that starts off in the 150553- showing the * for AC 500-s known at that time-

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

After further searching through papers I have narrowed it down to a possible 2 cars. I have a broadcast sheet that goes to an R4 red 500, AT, with A/C with white interior. No information listed on the cars whereabouts though, just the sheet. Then there is another R4 red, white interior, A/C car listed as well. Oddly enough the two cars are within 2 digits of each other VIN wise.

Brock PM me if you got the VIN, might have the sheet to the car.

Brock Samson

i didn't even think of getting the Vin till i posted the pics...
but if it helps it was sold in Modesto Calif. so the n95 fits...
the first year i went to the Mopar Alley Rally '84 or '85,.. again parked waaaaay out by the street was a bronze 500, driven by an older gent who bought it new, and it was pretty much all original - he didn't think it a big deal, and was suprised I was up on them,..
I asked him then if this was the same bronze 500 i saw an old lady drivin a few Mos. prior and he said nope, he wasn't married...  :lol:
The parking lot at that show allways has suprises comming and going all day long,.. some just cruise around the lot and leave...  :shruggy:
some of them i posted in the thread now buried on page two of gen disc...
every yr i go to that show i take less and less pics...

I have noticed after many years of going the mopar alley members win all the awards year after year, i think cause they vote for each others cars, it is after all a club, so maybe that would explain why folks dont Pay/Play...

69_500

Hmmmm, looked at the broadcast sheet again, and didn't see any N95 in the boxes. Will have to see if I can figure out where the car went to new that I have the sheet for. If I'm not mistaken the sheet was in California, back in the 80's. I think it was Jim Radke who pulled the sheet out of another 500 years ago.

RAC95054

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 08, 2008, 04:31:30 PM
i didn't even think of getting the Vin till i posted the pics...
but if it helps it was sold in Modesto Calif. so the n95 fits...
the first year i went to the Mopar Alley Rally '84 or '85,.. again parked waaaaay out by the street was a bronze 500, driven by an older gent who bought it new, and it was pretty much all original - he didn't think it a big deal, and was suprised I was up on them,..
I asked him then if this was the same bronze 500 i saw an old lady drivin a few Mos. prior and he said nope, he wasn't married...  :lol:
The parking lot at that show allways has suprises comming and going all day long,.. some just cruise around the lot and leave...  :shruggy:
some of them i posted in the thread now buried on page two of gen disc...
every yr i go to that show i take less and less pics...

I have noticed after many years of going the mopar alley members win all the awards year after year, i think cause they vote for each others cars, it is after all a club, so maybe that would explain why folks dont Pay/Play...

Was this car at the last Mopar Alley show at Ohlone??  If so, I missed it.  And was it for sale, or did they just bring it by to show??  -Russ :scratchchin:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Brock Samson

just sittin up on a trailor first row of the parking lot next to the street...  :shruggy:
it was sure good to see, like an old friend...  :yesnod:

472 R/T SE

Why the assumption it has N95, just cause of the turn downs?  I don't even see the option listed @ '69 Chris' Registry and Galen's white book doesn't show it for '69 either.  Is it because of the late year production why it's not listed? 
The pass. side valve cover would be different from other 440's for that year too right?  Just Chris' motor has the big breather on the driver's side and his car is as close to correct that I know of.

Same with chrome tips, if the car is coded for N95, is it not assumed to have them?

Just curious...

hemi68charger

NOt sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but those aren't factory tailpipes.. I believe the factory ones didn't have the horizontally flush cut ends... The originals had the ends cut perpendicular to the pipe...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

472 R/T SE

I didn't even pay any attention to them.  They look nothing like the one's on AllBlue.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 11, 2008, 12:46:10 PM
I didn't even pay any attention to them.  They look nothing like the one's on AllBlue.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,, 'ole Blue !!!!! 

Yes Mike, your former car's tailpipes look like the originals..........  My point to the masses on this thread on whether or not the car was a N95 California delivery car versus just not having her original tailpipes/tips on...............
Troy

69_500

I was just taking a wild guess on the N95 option. I realize the tail pipes on the car even though they are turn downs aren't the correct ones for a N95 option anyways. However when most people put new exhaust on these cars, they seemed to retain the tips if they had them originally. Or at least on most of the cars I've looked at.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 10, 2008, 08:42:06 PM
I don't even see the option listed @ '69 Chris' Registry and Galen's white book doesn't show it for '69 either.  Is it because of the late year production why it's not listed? 
The pass. side valve cover would be different from other 440's for that year too right?  Just Chris' motor has the big breather on the driver's side and his car is as close to correct that I know of.

Same with chrome tips, if the car is coded for N95, is it not assumed to have them?

Just curious...

I never got an answer to the rad. black out under the latch tray w/ a Daytona so I figure I'll push this.  ;)

Brock Samson

i should'a figgured you'd put it under the microscope,..  :scope: i guess i should'a popped the hood and taken a buncha' pics eh?..  :shruggy:     :lol:
those tailpipes were rusted out BTW: i wonder if at 20K sumpthin plus miles,.. replacment pipes would be put on then rusted out again...  :scratchchin:

69_500

You nailed that one. I tend to go over too much stuff on pictures of 500's and Daytona's. I wouldn't expect any pictures of the engine compartment, without owners consent. I know I could care less if someone wanted to pop the hood on my car, but I know that others feel different about those sorts of things.

Could be that its 120,000 miles :)  :coolgleamA:

RAC95054

I'm still wondering why they brought it to the show, but did't have it for sale or in the viewing area.  Anyone that was there happen to know more about this car, and why it was there on a trailer?   :shruggy:

Brock Samson

well, i thunk about that, but it looks like a 20K car that sat for 30+ years rather then a 120K car that sat for somewhat less...

wouldn't a mid, '69 Calif. car automaticly have the N-95?..  :shruggy:

69_500

It should, but the 500's were an early year car. Last one was built before jan 1 1969 though.

hemigeno

All 1969 383-4 and 440-4 (HP) cars sold new in California were supposed to be coded with the N97 Noise Reduction Package.  Hemi's apparently were not required to have that coded, for whatever reason - maybe because they already had extra mufflers/resonators?    :scratchchin:  I don't know about 6-pack 'Bees or 'Runners in 1969, as the docs I dug through didn't mention anything about engine code E87s.  I'm also pretty clueless about what they required for the 1970 or other model years. 

Best I can tell, the only things included in that package for 1969 were a dual-snorkel air cleaner, and the turn-down exhaust tips rather than the chrome tips.  The '69 Parts Book lists two different part numbers for the N97 tail pipes, one number for cars built up to 10/15/68, and one for N97 cars built after 10/15/68.  Could be that the difference is how the tips were cut - squared off with the pipe, or almost parallel with the ground??  :shruggy:  The engineering diagrams and service manual diagrams for single exhausts and station wagons all sorta look like the pipes were cut parallel with the ground, similar to how this C500's tail pipes look - but I wouldn't hold those diagrams out as the absolute example of how things should be.  I think 66-67 Chargers had their tips cut parallel with the ground too, but it's been a while since I've looked at that detail on a "real" car.

:shruggy:

69_500

Thanks for the correction Gene. See what happens when I speak without checking things first. N97 not N95.  :brickwall:

hemigeno

No biggie, I had to look that one up myself.  Not a code seen very much, is it?

472 R/T SE

Can always count on you Geno, & Chris.  THANKS.

Good gravy, I don't know how much time I spent trying to find N95 with '69 models.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on June 11, 2008, 08:33:41 PM
All 1969 383-4 and 440-4 (HP) cars sold new in California were supposed to be coded with the N97 Noise Reduction Package.  Hemi's apparently were not required to have that coded, for whatever reason - maybe because they already had extra mufflers/resonators?    :scratchchin:  I don't know about 6-pack 'Bees or 'Runners in 1969, as the docs I dug through didn't mention anything about engine code E87s.  I'm also pretty clueless about what they required for the 1970 or other model years. 

Best I can tell, the only things included in that package for 1969 were a dual-snorkel air cleaner, and the turn-down exhaust tips rather than the chrome tips.  The '69 Parts Book lists two different part numbers for the N97 tail pipes, one number for cars built up to 10/15/68, and one for N97 cars built after 10/15/68.  Could be that the difference is how the tips were cut - squared off with the pipe, or almost parallel with the ground??  :shruggy:  The engineering diagrams and service manual diagrams for single exhausts and station wagons all sorta look like the pipes were cut parallel with the ground, similar to how this C500's tail pipes look - but I wouldn't hold those diagrams out as the absolute example of how things should be.  I think 66-67 Chargers had their tips cut parallel with the ground too, but it's been a while since I've looked at that detail on a "real" car.

:shruggy:

On this note.. My first '70 v-code Charger R/T built in St. Louis had one of it's original tailpipes and it was cut squared off.. Not sure it means anything, but it shows that the '70 model  had the squared... Of course, I'm making the BIG assumption based on what I knew then that it was the original tailpipe for it surely looked as if it was..........
Troy
Troy

RAC95054

Quote from: hemigeno on June 11, 2008, 08:55:56 PM
No biggie, I had to look that one up myself.  Not a code seen very much, is it?

My '70 GTX was an original Calif. car, and has the N95 and N97 codes (but more importantly, the N96 Air Grabber!).  It lists N41 on the fender tag (dual exhaust), but no N42 for the chrome tips.  It still even has the original turn down tailpipe hangers!  But the original exhaust is long gone.  From other Calif. bought cars I have seen at shows out here, they all have the bent turn downs, and not a "sliced" pipe, as the C500 has, as I recall (I'll look into some pics I have).  Even the '71 Chargers and GTXs with the bullitt tips ended up with turn downs instead of the cool tips (just saw one of each at the last show here). 

UFO

Here's a scan from a sales brochure.

69_500

Went through all the broadcast sheets I have for Charger 500's and none of the one's I have copies of have N97 on them either. Makes me wonder what my dad's old Red HEMI 500 was coded for. I know it had a sheet when he had the car, but no chance at looking at it now as I haven't seen hide nor hair of that car in 20 years now. I do know it was a California car though.

nascarxx29

That Ex Pete Haldiman car is a far as I know still here in NJ.Mike V promised it to his kid to give it to his kid.To drive.Not to bad for a first trime driver to start off with

69_500

Thats where it is, but have yet to be able to talk them into letting me come look at the car.

nascarxx29

hergfest

Um, I don't know what you guys are talking about but N95 and N97 came in 1970.  No 1969 model year car would have either code.  If that R4 500 is the same car I thinki it is, its an original owner car.

nascarxx29

I have the ad when it was for sale by Pete Haldiman this isnt the one on the trailer.Its also a factory AT trans car .I contacted the owner through a friend of mine in a nearby town to the red hemi 500.To notify the trans was available.Never heard if the owner went to retrieve it

472 R/T SE

Quote from: hergfest on June 15, 2008, 01:22:16 AM
Um, I don't know what you guys are talking about but N95 and N97 came in 1970.  No 1969 model year car would have either code.  If that R4 500 is the same car I thinki it is, its an original owner car.

I PMed Chris asking about the N95 cause I was always under the impression it wasn't until '70.  I have always been impressed with Danny's knowledge of these cars and had no reason to doubt him.  But had to ask Chris to double check.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR

What I do know is that for 69 there was only the turn downs and the larger dual snorkel air cleaner (fugly "ribbed" one....not the nice & smooth 70 style) coded N97 for the "Noise Reduction Package"
Also on the 69 BS there really isnt a spot for the N97 either.....under the "N" codes there would be a blank box with the #7 typed in (no hardcopied #9 above it to signify N97)

Hope it helps

Chris

I think Chris' explanation and Geno's, along with N97 showed in Galens' white book for '69 holds more weight than any 2 post NEWBIE.  :shruggy:

69_500

Don't worry if you stick around long enough, you'll see that I make plenty of mistakes. Most of the time I should slow down and look things up before I type, but I guess it right some times and rely on that too much. Just goes to show that I'm just like everyone else, FAR FROM PERFET.  :yesnod:

Just don't tell my wife I said that she would have a cow. She says I never admit when I'm wrong.

hemigeno

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 15, 2008, 04:27:44 PM
[
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR

What I do know is that for 69 there was only the turn downs and the larger dual snorkel air cleaner (fugly "ribbed" one....not the nice & smooth 70 style) coded N97 for the "Noise Reduction Package"
Also on the 69 BS there really isnt a spot for the N97 either.....under the "N" codes there would be a blank box with the #7 typed in (no hardcopied #9 above it to signify N97)

Hope it helps

Chris

As some added weight to the N97 question for 1969, I found three mentions of N97 in the piles of paperwork around the office here.  Two of the doc's show that the numeral "7" is typed in box 36 of Line 9 on the '69 Broadcast Sheets to indicate when N97 is supposed to be included.  All three of the doc's with that information on them are dated 6/21/68, meaning that the code was in place for the entire '69 model year production run.

Still haven't found anything that explicitly walks through what is included with the NRP, but Chris' explanation is the same as what I've recalled anyway.

:Twocents:

UFO

In the '69 parts book there is mention of NRP in the tailpipe section 11-09-3.
There seems to be a change of some kind on oct-15-68 as there is an up to and after.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: 69_500 on June 08, 2008, 03:14:59 PM
Nice looking ride.

R4 red, white interior, white tail stripe, with A/C and an 8 track. checked all the information I have, and didn't come up with a VIN to match the car though. Love the turn down tips on the exhaust too, could possibly be a N95 car?
I like how the bezels are body color too and not stripe color.
This is Bill Conn's 500 vin XX29L9B225531.  His dad Ernie purchased it new for his wife.    I had just did the headliner and installed a new windshield and fixed all the electrical in this car just before these pictures. 
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

nascarxx29

hergfest

Yep, and it got shipped overseas.  This was the car I was trying to buy but couldn't find a buyer for my 500.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: hergfest on September 28, 2009, 12:57:19 AM
Yep, and it got shipped overseas.  This was the car I was trying to buy but couldn't find a buyer for my 500.
Hay Gary,  How did the road test go?   Are you all ready?  Talked to Kaey and trans is not done in his car yet.  I know he works fast but 3 weeks to go and 5000+ miles to travel...   I keep trying to get more guys to drive their cars but they are all afraid.   :brickwall:
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.