News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

low miles 500.

Started by Brock Samson, June 07, 2008, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

some pics from it up on the trailer...

Brock Samson

a few more I'll resize and post...
some times the coolest cars are out in the parking lot - way over yonder like this one...

ok i magified the pic 24868... miles...
i'd prolly kill for this car.  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

BTW: Johnny Paycheck was in the 8 track...

tan top

awesome low miles C500 :drool5:   :drool5:   like that lots       :drool5:  love to  own that   :'(   
only original once    :yesnod:                    good pictures Brock thanks for sharing   :2thumbs:                         
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Daytona R/T SE

hemi68charger

Wow !!!!!  and with A/C !!!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

HKCharger

Ghoste

Very nice, I really like the white interior in that car.

69_500

Nice looking ride.

R4 red, white interior, white tail stripe, with A/C and an 8 track. checked all the information I have, and didn't come up with a VIN to match the car though. Love the turn down tips on the exhaust too, could possibly be a N95 car?
I like how the bezels are body color too and not stripe color.

nascarxx29

Maybe you can narrow it down by process of elimination of cars you know with AC and see what ones are left unaccounted for .I found 2 of my friends AC cars on here.16 was recorded in this older paperwork that starts off in the 150553- showing the * for AC 500-s known at that time-

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

After further searching through papers I have narrowed it down to a possible 2 cars. I have a broadcast sheet that goes to an R4 red 500, AT, with A/C with white interior. No information listed on the cars whereabouts though, just the sheet. Then there is another R4 red, white interior, A/C car listed as well. Oddly enough the two cars are within 2 digits of each other VIN wise.

Brock PM me if you got the VIN, might have the sheet to the car.

Brock Samson

i didn't even think of getting the Vin till i posted the pics...
but if it helps it was sold in Modesto Calif. so the n95 fits...
the first year i went to the Mopar Alley Rally '84 or '85,.. again parked waaaaay out by the street was a bronze 500, driven by an older gent who bought it new, and it was pretty much all original - he didn't think it a big deal, and was suprised I was up on them,..
I asked him then if this was the same bronze 500 i saw an old lady drivin a few Mos. prior and he said nope, he wasn't married...  :lol:
The parking lot at that show allways has suprises comming and going all day long,.. some just cruise around the lot and leave...  :shruggy:
some of them i posted in the thread now buried on page two of gen disc...
every yr i go to that show i take less and less pics...

I have noticed after many years of going the mopar alley members win all the awards year after year, i think cause they vote for each others cars, it is after all a club, so maybe that would explain why folks dont Pay/Play...

69_500

Hmmmm, looked at the broadcast sheet again, and didn't see any N95 in the boxes. Will have to see if I can figure out where the car went to new that I have the sheet for. If I'm not mistaken the sheet was in California, back in the 80's. I think it was Jim Radke who pulled the sheet out of another 500 years ago.

RAC95054

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 08, 2008, 04:31:30 PM
i didn't even think of getting the Vin till i posted the pics...
but if it helps it was sold in Modesto Calif. so the n95 fits...
the first year i went to the Mopar Alley Rally '84 or '85,.. again parked waaaaay out by the street was a bronze 500, driven by an older gent who bought it new, and it was pretty much all original - he didn't think it a big deal, and was suprised I was up on them,..
I asked him then if this was the same bronze 500 i saw an old lady drivin a few Mos. prior and he said nope, he wasn't married...  :lol:
The parking lot at that show allways has suprises comming and going all day long,.. some just cruise around the lot and leave...  :shruggy:
some of them i posted in the thread now buried on page two of gen disc...
every yr i go to that show i take less and less pics...

I have noticed after many years of going the mopar alley members win all the awards year after year, i think cause they vote for each others cars, it is after all a club, so maybe that would explain why folks dont Pay/Play...

Was this car at the last Mopar Alley show at Ohlone??  If so, I missed it.  And was it for sale, or did they just bring it by to show??  -Russ :scratchchin:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Brock Samson

just sittin up on a trailor first row of the parking lot next to the street...  :shruggy:
it was sure good to see, like an old friend...  :yesnod:

472 R/T SE

Why the assumption it has N95, just cause of the turn downs?  I don't even see the option listed @ '69 Chris' Registry and Galen's white book doesn't show it for '69 either.  Is it because of the late year production why it's not listed? 
The pass. side valve cover would be different from other 440's for that year too right?  Just Chris' motor has the big breather on the driver's side and his car is as close to correct that I know of.

Same with chrome tips, if the car is coded for N95, is it not assumed to have them?

Just curious...

hemi68charger

NOt sure if anyone mentioned it yet, but those aren't factory tailpipes.. I believe the factory ones didn't have the horizontally flush cut ends... The originals had the ends cut perpendicular to the pipe...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

472 R/T SE

I didn't even pay any attention to them.  They look nothing like the one's on AllBlue.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 11, 2008, 12:46:10 PM
I didn't even pay any attention to them.  They look nothing like the one's on AllBlue.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,, 'ole Blue !!!!! 

Yes Mike, your former car's tailpipes look like the originals..........  My point to the masses on this thread on whether or not the car was a N95 California delivery car versus just not having her original tailpipes/tips on...............
Troy

69_500

I was just taking a wild guess on the N95 option. I realize the tail pipes on the car even though they are turn downs aren't the correct ones for a N95 option anyways. However when most people put new exhaust on these cars, they seemed to retain the tips if they had them originally. Or at least on most of the cars I've looked at.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 10, 2008, 08:42:06 PM
I don't even see the option listed @ '69 Chris' Registry and Galen's white book doesn't show it for '69 either.  Is it because of the late year production why it's not listed? 
The pass. side valve cover would be different from other 440's for that year too right?  Just Chris' motor has the big breather on the driver's side and his car is as close to correct that I know of.

Same with chrome tips, if the car is coded for N95, is it not assumed to have them?

Just curious...

I never got an answer to the rad. black out under the latch tray w/ a Daytona so I figure I'll push this.  ;)

Brock Samson

i should'a figgured you'd put it under the microscope,..  :scope: i guess i should'a popped the hood and taken a buncha' pics eh?..  :shruggy:     :lol:
those tailpipes were rusted out BTW: i wonder if at 20K sumpthin plus miles,.. replacment pipes would be put on then rusted out again...  :scratchchin:

69_500

You nailed that one. I tend to go over too much stuff on pictures of 500's and Daytona's. I wouldn't expect any pictures of the engine compartment, without owners consent. I know I could care less if someone wanted to pop the hood on my car, but I know that others feel different about those sorts of things.

Could be that its 120,000 miles :)  :coolgleamA:

RAC95054

I'm still wondering why they brought it to the show, but did't have it for sale or in the viewing area.  Anyone that was there happen to know more about this car, and why it was there on a trailer?   :shruggy:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Brock Samson

well, i thunk about that, but it looks like a 20K car that sat for 30+ years rather then a 120K car that sat for somewhat less...

wouldn't a mid, '69 Calif. car automaticly have the N-95?..  :shruggy: