News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1976 charger

Started by 1976charger, June 13, 2008, 05:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah well i have a 1976 charger and i want to know if anyone has one of these yrs

Yes
9 (24.3%)
No
31 (83.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

1976charger

BigBlackDodge

And the options are......................????    :shruggy:

BBD

dpm68

Wow. To see the evolution of what was once a bad-ass, sweet-bodied street brawler...I guess it needs a big motor and some TLC. 

bordin34

I have seen one, a Green 75 SE, rust free if you believe it. Basically a Cordobo that said Dodge Charger. The 76 is just ugly to me. I like the 75.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

TruckDriver

I wouldn't mind one for a daily driver, but that would be it. Now if it was a '75 Roadrunner, I'd love to have one of those. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

konigcharger

not for me...   :-\

i don't mind 75's, and 77's, they have 4 headlights imho a vast improvment  :Twocents:

78-79 magnums on the other hand... :icon_smile_tongue:

but if you like it man that is cool, welcome to the board  :2thumbs:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

69*F5*SE

Brock Samson

:shruggy:
  if that's what he got, it's all good, it's a start and you guys don't know he could be 16 and this is his first charger and all he can afford right now,.. It's a mopar, and can be fixed up,..
this thread can be edited too 1976charger to fix your poll,..
  most owners here own earlyier versions though,..

welcome!   :wave: and good luck lots to be learned here, i think it's cool to see and glad you found the home for chargers and charger lovers.

Back N Black

My brother had a 75 back in the early 80's, we loved that car! it was silver with red guts.

Welcome and good luck with her.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

It'll be nice to have someone around that is working on a 4th gen.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 13, 2008, 10:46:31 AM
No way Man, don't fix it! The first question is currently one vote ahead of the second question! :nixon:

Welcome aboard, '76. :wave: Tint the windows & slap some wide rubber on there & it will look sweet! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

konigcharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 13, 2008, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on June 13, 2008, 10:46:31 AM
No way Man, don't fix it! The first question is currently one vote ahead of the second question! :nixon:

this is by far the most interesting poll we've had in a while, i think it will go down to the wire...

:smilielol:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

EDIT----fixed the poll for you to a simple yes or no.....

Welcome to the site
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Drache

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 13, 2008, 09:54:31 AM
I wouldn't mind one for a daily driver, but that would be it. Now if it was a '75 Roadrunner, I'd love to have one of those. :yesnod:

I have an uncle who owns a '75 Roadrunner, bought it brand new. I asked for year about buying it and fixing it up so it would stop wasting away in the yard. Finally last I heard about 6 years ago his wife supposedly paid for the car to be fully restored as a anniversary present but I havent heard anything about it since.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

I don't have one either.

It's not something I would put a ton of money into lovingly restoring. 

But it's good for what we wish we could do with the 1st-3rd gen Chargers:  It's an old RWD chrome-bumpered V8 Mopar, complete & working for cheap so you can spend your money hopping it up, and you can drive it without having such a white knuckled-fear of damaging it.

69charger2002

good luck with your 76  :2thumbs:  is it a 318 car? any cool options? not my favorite body style, but still a cool car

trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: bordin34 on June 13, 2008, 09:27:42 AM
I have seen one, a Green 75 SE, rust free if you believe it. Basically a Cordobo that said Dodge Charger. The 76 is just ugly to me. I like the 75.

76 SE was the same than the 75... this one is a 76 NON SE. Both models available
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1976charger

ah well thank guys..... no im  like 24 yrs old rite now....... this yr charger has been in my family for along time that is....... i do love the 69 -70 charger alot beta tho..... most ppl cant say they had a charger tho u know.... it has  a 318ic in it.... tilt wheel.... a/c heat... it had like a bench seat in the front...... well w/ the bauges now they have charger and  sport on it...... i did have more pics of it but i think i deleted them...... i been trying too find some parts for it.... it need ALOT of TLC....... do u know how many cars they  MADE in 1976 ...... cuzs i dont c any around.....   

TK73

From what I recall that '76 is a one year only "Charger Sport" based on the coronet. The other "Chargers" for '75 - '78 were Cordoba bodies...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Charger1970

Quote from: TK73 on June 14, 2008, 09:58:48 AM
From what I recall that '76 is a one year only "Charger Sport" based on the coronet. The other "Chargers" for '75 - '78 were Cordoba bodies...

I believe you're right, TK73.

http://www.moparautos.com/charger75-76.htm

"...Only one model was available in 1975, the SE..."
"...Three new models came to the Charger line-up in 1976.  There was the lowest price Charger hardtop, with the Charger Sport the next step up..."
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

1976charger

ah so for my make on that  yr charger i have and the odd grill on it...... would this be a rare car too find.....? wat are ur guy's thoughts on it....... it does have a vinal top on it too that still in good condtion for sitting out side....... i want too beable too get like a front grill too like rear backup lights too new chrom bumper in the back.....  i did look @ that  MOPOR site not too long ago

Ghoste

Total Charger procuction for 1976 in all versions was only around 50,000 with much less than half of that being the Charger Sport version.  So yes, it's comparatively rare but be forewarned that it doesn't necessarily mean it's valuable.  Make sure you are fixing it up because you love the car.

TK73

Quote from: 1976charger on June 14, 2008, 09:00:24 PM
ah so for my make on that  yr charger i have and the odd grill on it......

Looks like the regular grille to me, Dodge used a "split" 2-piece... Plymouth used a 1-piece on the Fury's' and the odd-ball 1-yr RR for '75(?)

Ghoste

I thought the Charger Sport in 76 used a different grille?

TK73

Quote from: Ghoste on June 14, 2008, 11:26:08 PM
I thought the Charger Sport in 76 used a different grille?

Do you mean from the Coronet?

My Chrysler ID book is loaned out...