News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen this wingcar from Cuda-Challenger.com?

Started by hotrod98, July 29, 2008, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

You guys will hate me for this, but somehow I kind of like it. Of course, I'm a cuda lover, I love the big wings and I've owned a few flamed cars in my time. Not real crazy about the red interior or the red headlamps though.
Sometimes I think that I would love to do something over the top with my unrestored 71 Cuda. This might be a little over the top even for me.  :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Car does absolutely nothing for me. Just my opinion though, which isn't worth the screen its typed on if you ask my wife.

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 29, 2008, 05:57:22 PM
You guys will hate me for this, but somehow I kind of like it. Of course, I'm a cuda lover, I love the big wings and I've owned a few flamed cars in my time. Not real crazy about the red interior or the red headlamps though.
Sometimes I think that I would love to do something over the top with my unrestored 71 Cuda. This might be a little over the top even for me.  :icon_smile_big:
makes the body look more like a 69 camaro  :Twocents:  put the wing on the gm  ponyies  larry   save the cuda  :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I wouldn't go with the big wing on a cuda. People would give me a hard time about it being a little too ricey looking.
But, I just might go with the black paint scheme. Might even consider the flat black flames and black wheels. You just never know. The real problem is that my other 71 cuda is a real torred car.
I wonder what the flat black flames would look like on a gloss black daytona with a flat black wing and stripe?
Oh well, my cuda project is at least a couple of years down the road. I'm still collecting parts.
As for GM wings. I have a short Z-28 style wing for my 70 Camaro.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

it does look like a camaro . remember big willie had a wing on an older cuda. it looked good too. he still has that cuda sitting in his backyard .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Anyone notice the M46 cuda side scoops? They're one of the rarest cuda options. I've never seen them on a cuda in person.
They do look good with the AAR side exhaust. I don't usually like the M46 side scoops but they look good on this car.

Rene, I don't see the Camaro connection in this photo.

Here's a better rendition without the red highlights.

Charles Addams

konigcharger

they dont do anything for me
:eek2:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Drache

I was just thinking what a cuda wing car would look like but personally I think it would have to have a nose with the wing otherwise it looks silly....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hotrod98

I don't think many people liked them since so few were ordered. There are a few other options that I wasn't too crazy about. I don't like the 71 billboard decals. I didn't put them on my red '71 when I restored it and I don't plan to put them on my other '71 when I restore it. When I built my '71 that I drive now, I pretty much built it the way that I would have ordered it in 71, right down to the 340 4-speed. I always liked the way the small block e-bodies drove since we have a lot of hills and sharp curves around here. Not too many straight roads in this part of the world. I own more big block cars than small block cars now, but I don't have to drive them every day like I did in the '70's.

Charles Addams

Brock Samson

till just now I have never seen of or heard about those side scoops...  :shruggy:
and i'm freakin old too...  :scratchchin: maybe i forgot about 'em..  :P
  BTW: that looks like a plymouth wing, i'd be interested in seeing a Chally version with the daytona stuff...
  plum?. ya up for that?.

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Blown70

I saw it on C-C.com and I happen to like it.  Now I just need an E-body..... :pity:

DAVE, serious you have had to know about them M46 side, I have seen them on a car or two before.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 29, 2008, 11:32:11 PM
Anyone notice the M46 cuda side scoops? They're one of the rarest cuda options. I've never seen them on a cuda in person.
They do look good with the AAR side exhaust. I don't usually like the M46 side scoops but they look good on this car.

Rene, I don't see the Camaro connection in this photo.

Here's a better rendition without the red highlights.
i think it's the fact the wing squares off the top of the quarter , cut the front end off with your hand larry then the rear 1/2 is a 69 camaro   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I've owned so many cudas that I think they're imprinted into my brain. I remember back when they first came out thinking that Plymouth had copied the 69 Camaro. Ironically, the same year the E-body Cuda came out, Chevy changed the Camaro bodystyle. Then Plymouth copied the Camaro round taillight theme in the 72 Cuda.  I was a dyed in the wool Chevy guy and was driving a 69 Chevelle SS396 and a 69 Camaro SS RS 396 at the time. After about a hundred Chevelles and Camaros, I finally found the light and left the darkside.
Well, not left completely. I still own a few Camaros and Trans Ams.  ;D

Oh, and I would drive this car even with the wing and the flames.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, I don't see the Camaro connection in this photo 

even the hood reminds me of the hood i had on my 73 Z28
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

Wow, you owned a Camaro with an AAR hood. Too cool.  ;D

Charles Addams

FJMG

So how long is it going to take for someone to photoshop a nose cone on that pic?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

WingCharger

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5

This comapny is going to convert new challengers into cudas, at 70,000 grand a piece! :o
http://hxcperformance.com/

resq302

I personally like it.  Kinda gives a look and feel of a batman type vehicle.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

66chargerkid

Choose one side
Wanna be camaro or wanna be wing car not both

WingCharger

Do any companies make the rear window louvers for new challengers? They would look god just alone!

hotrod98

The rear window louvers on my 71 are original oem louvers. They're very hard to find. The cuda and challenger versions are different.
There's a new company making them... Limited Parts Industries. They sell the complete kit. I have no idea what the price will be.
They don't have a website yet. 450 689-6882

Charles Addams