News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hi from a new aero car owner

Started by C500, August 21, 2008, 02:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hi guys and gals,

I have just bought a 69 Charger 500. Its an F8 green car, numbers 440, 727, original interior, older re-paint and I love it! No build sheet, but there is a fender tag

I also have a burgundy red 68 as seen in my avatar.

Dunk
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

It's about time !!!!!   :2thumbs:   :icon_smile_big:   :drool5:  I couldn't go much longer with the secret.....  :lol:

Looks like she has some extra options as welll with the passenger outside mirror and rear window defroster...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Brock Samson

nice,
but what is the deal with all the green cars, musta been a full third to a quarter of production.
still a nice clean 500!  :drool5:

C500

Yes indeed! Can't wait to get her into the garage. Good times ahead  :2thumbs: Thanks Troy.  :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

moparstuart

welcome to aero car ownership  nice find  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: 

is it this arizona car ?      we have dicussed alot before ?    runninhorn fiasco   ! :eek2      http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39864.msg443550.html#msg443550
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C500

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 21, 2008, 02:15:14 PM
nice,
but what is the deal with all the green cars, musta been a full third to a quarter of production.
still a nice clean 500!  :drool5:

Yep, I have noticed alot of green ones too. Maybe one of the aero car experts will know something  :shruggy:

This car is heading down to New Zealand. (Sorry guys, I know some folks don't like it when the old classics leave your shores, but us kiwis are mad on American cars, especially mopars). It will arrive here in 2-3 months.

The sale went really well. The seller is a real good guy and made it easy.

:cheers:

C500

Quote from: moparstuart on August 21, 2008, 02:18:53 PM

Thanks moparstuart  :cheers: This one doesn't need a whole lot of work to make it nice.

Dunk

tan top

awesome  stuff   dude  :yesnod:   .....  congratulations  :cheers:  ................ :2thumbs:   
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Congrats on the purchase. Glad to hear that the car finally went to a good home. It is a very very nice car.

C500

Quote from: 69_500 on August 21, 2008, 04:08:40 PM
Congrats on the purchase. Glad to hear that the car finally went to a good home. It is a very very nice car.

Thanks 69 500  :2thumbs: :woohoo:

69_500

No problem at all. Enjoy the car. Should cruise very nicely with a little brake work, considering it should still be wearing those nice 3.23 rear gears.

C500

Quote from: moparstuart on August 21, 2008, 02:18:53 PM

is it this arizona car ?      we have dicussed alot before ?    runninhorn fiasco   ! :eek2      http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39864.msg443550.html#msg443550

Hi moparstuart, I see you updated your post........yes it is the same car as in that old thread. Thanks for the congrats everyone :icon_smile: :thumbs:

PocketThunder

Hello Mark, welcome to the Aero section. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

C500

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 21, 2008, 04:30:11 PM
Hello Mark, welcome to the Aero section. 

Hi Pocket Thunder.......Mark?  Nope, wrong dude, I'm Duncan.

xs29j8Bullitt

Welcome to the forum... great looking Chargers!  :cheers:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

C500

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on August 21, 2008, 07:02:43 PM
Welcome to the forum... great looking Chargers!  :cheers:

Allen

Thanks bullitt, If I only had half the list of what you have in your signature :notworthy:

69_500

Questions on the car you just purchased. What are you intentions in regards to the 440 call outs on the hood? And the 440 cut out that is in the stripe? Leave them? Or remove them?

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparchris

Welcome aboard,
You bought the car from my brother.   Glad everything worked out o.k.  I'm sure you will enjoy the car :2thumbs:

C500

Quote from: 69_500 on August 22, 2008, 07:37:51 AM
Questions on the car you just purchased. What are you intentions in regards to the 440 call outs on the hood? And the 440 cut out that is in the stripe? Leave them? Or remove them?

I will remove the callouts. I actually like them, but their place belongs on a 70. The trunk floor and lower quarters need replacing. The car will probably get a repaint at that stage, keeping it the original green color.

I restored my 68 back to factory stock looking condition with the exception of the engine and mechanicals, and will do similar with the 500 but including the engine this time. The original valve covers will go back on, engine bay will revert back to body color also. Thats about all I can spot at the moment from the pictures. I'm not going down to every nut and bolt, just the main things.

C500

Quote from: moparchris on August 22, 2008, 02:50:34 PM
Welcome aboard,
You bought the car from my brother.   Glad everything worked out o.k.  I'm sure you will enjoy the car :2thumbs:

Hi Chris, Your brother has been great to deal with, a really nice genuine guy. I hope to meet up with him soon. The plan was to come over for the salt, and drive the car back to LA for shipping but those plans fell through for a couple of reasons.

I was lucky the car didn't sell back in February, I enquired about it back then but the timing wasn't so good for me. Also saw it on Craigslist last year before Jack bought it.

It's great to have an aero car. The only 69 500 in the country I think. Also good to be part of the aero section on this forum.

Cheers!

C500