News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6pkrunner

Seen a green 73 in a driveway on Sunday. Pass that area once or twice a week and never seen it there before. A visitor? But it was obviously a daily/psuedo-daily driver car.
Also on Monday I saw a 1973 Dart and 10 minutes later a 1968 Dart. All three of these cars I have never seen before. Again visitors or newly acquired purchases?

plum500

bull

I saw a real nice purple '70 Challenger convertible yesterday. Driving around in the rain. :rotz:

Plumcrazy

Quote from: bull on January 07, 2007, 09:20:48 AM
I saw a real nice purple '70 Challenger convertible yesterday. Driving around in the rain. :rotz:

Hopefully with the top up.   :icon_smile_tongue:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

bull

sad72

I saw a 72 eastbound I 10 passing exit 17 in arizona on 1/2/07
1969 dodge dart swinger 340 eight barrel  
1973 plymouth duster                                2004 dodge ram 1500 2 door 5.7 HEMI

AKcharger

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

charger490

these were being delivered to my house.  LOL charger490

bull

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 07, 2007, 03:35:40 PM

Quote from: AKcharger on January 07, 2007, 03:19:37 PM
Oh I've got one!

That is a great pic.     :thumbs:

:iagree:
When/where did you shoot that? It reminds me of the time I went up to the DC.com meet in Washington a few years back with Dane in his red Daytona clone. People were freaking out, taking pictures and following us around like we were celebrities.

70charger_boy

Mass_Mopar

There's a 71 or 72 charger I see parked up on a hill everytime I head out on the highway.  I'll have to snap a picture one of these days...
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

AKcharger

Quote from: bull on January 07, 2007, 07:30:15 PM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 07, 2007, 03:35:40 PM

Quote from: AKcharger on January 07, 2007, 03:19:37 PM
Oh I've got one!

That is a great pic.     :thumbs:

:iagree:
When/where did you shoot that? It reminds me of the time I went up to the DC.com meet in Washington a few years back with Dane in his red Daytona clone. People were freaking out, taking pictures and following us around like we were celebrities.

In PA on I-70 in '04. We were coming back from the NATS and I guess this guy was too...I thought it was funny we were taking picutes of him while he was taking pictures of us

bull

That's cool. Do they typically have the fender thingies the same color as the wing? I thought they were usually body color.

SeattleCharger

Wasn't a Charger, but saw a '67 Coronet 500 2 dr. Sat. night, for sale,  383 column shift AT, white with maroon interior,  rallye wheels, asking 3500, don't know what these are worth, pretty cool though.

SeattleCharger

Saw this nice 3rd gen., had mirrored headlight covers, car was in really nice shape, just bad cell phone qual. pic and through windshield.

was on 90 westbound near bridge, 

Harlow

The only one I've seen lately is a 66-67 charger sitting out in a field on a back road. I'm gonna get to picture before I move.

- Scott

zstalker

here are a couple around these parts I've seen.  first is a '70 that the guy actually drives around alot...he's a parts driver for Napa (to the best of my knowledge) and drives the charger on the job some days.  next, a plymouth waiting in a body shop yard, and then a '68 that I saw at a shop when I was at lake Tahoe a while back.
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.

warriorbass05

I know where there is a 70 R/T sitting in a field in front of this guy's house and he claims that he and his brother are working on it but it has not moved in at least 5 yrs. It is a complete car in a faded brownish color. has the R/T emblems all over it and look slike it would be killer if he would put the engine back in and take 'er for a spin..... I asked if it was for sale...it is not of course... :brickwall:

dpm68

bull

I saw a '68 and two '69s today at a guy's house in SE Portland. Only one of the '69s is road-worthy.

70charger_boy

i saw a 69 charger today.  I tried following the guy and he floored it!!  I guess he must be used to people doing that..

Brock Samson

That blue '70 R/T up there looks like it has a trick fogged paint job, probably an illusion but still looks awfully COOL!  :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: zstalker on June 06, 2007, 10:47:25 PM
here are a couple around these parts I've seen.  first is a '70 that the guy actually drives around alot...he's a parts driver for Napa (to the best of my knowledge) and drives the charger on the job some days. 
I'm pretty sure that's this same guy. Didn't know he worked at Napa though, I don't get to that area very often.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Chatt69chgr

I headed out on vacation this week from Chattanooga----destination, Biltmore Estate in Asheville.  I was on I-40 east of Knoxville around Strawberry Plains Tuesday when I looked in the drivers side rearview mirror and about a 1/4 mile back instantly spotted a 69 Charger.  One of the few I have ever seen in the wild.  It was dark green with white vinyl top.  Did not appear to be restored.  I was going 70 on the interstate and it continued past me.  I matched it's speed and found it was going about 80 mph.  I followed in the right most lane and back about 50 yards.  Sure was neat to see this car running down the interstate.  I looked around and all the other cars looked just like mine----inverted jelly mould non-descript Japanese cars.  These Chargers really stand out in a crowd.  It peeled off at the start of I-81.  Does this car belong to anyone on this forum?