News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

paironines

I can tell by the pic the guy who owns it will never sell judging by what's parked behind it!

The70RT

Around here you need to keep a current registration because they will say it is an abandoned vehicle and want you to move it.  ::).........so it may not run?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

grdprx

Quote from: paironines on August 30, 2009, 09:07:56 AM
I can tell by the pic the guy who owns it will never sell judging by what's parked behind it!

Ya, I noticed that while I was examining the pics...

ZSmithersCharges

Saw a beautiful 70' charger today driving through Madeira outside of Cincinnati Ohio.  He took off before I could snap a pic but man did that thing sound nice.  It was Orange in color but it almost looked like it was iridescent because as the sun bounced off it, it had a very slight pearl color coming off of it.  However it could have been something reflecting off of this cars literally "mirror" finish.  Also, the back had an RT stripe and it sure did sound like it had a 440.  Anyways... that lightened up my day and made me go work on my 73  :lol:  In fact I worked til it got dark just because of that.  If your on this forum please drive your car once a day through town so you can keep me up and about  :smilielol:

Red Ram

Quote from: grdprx on August 29, 2009, 12:48:22 AM
I think I found the same 70 RT that's on the bottom of page 22 in this thread!!!  Thought it looked familiar.

Anyway, I was out making some deliveries in a 14' box van.  Fun stuff.  I had to get from point A to point B, new destination, blah blah blah... So I turned on the GPS, it wouldn't acquire the satellites...  Finally did, and told me to turn right, then recalculated, told me to turn left, recalculated!!!!  make your mind up bitch!  (that's it's nick name)  Then it sends me down a residential street with round about islands!  I'm in the work truck!

So I called my buddy to complain about his bitch...   "Oh F#@K!!  DAMN!!"  I drove past this Charger sitting on the curb!!!  Holy cow!   Made my day.  So, I hung up the phone and jumped out for a few pics.  Poor car!

Gotta love the license plate!!

Yep that's the one. Last time I drove by it was gone...Wallingford. I checked it out close a while back...looks like it had an electrical fire...interior looks burnt...not burnt orange.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

bull

Saw this one today near the Oregon state fairgrounds in Salem.

grdprx

Ghoste

Finn

I seem to remember a third gen charger painted like that in the young guns section of mopar muscle magazine a while back. Same car maybe?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Charger440RDN

jaak

I was riding around the neighborhood today in the 73 and spotted this 72 at a local church.... I like it, flat black paint with gloss flames, had new magnum 500's wheel, with new tires, thought it was a good looking car. Had to run back to the house to grab the camera and snap a couple of pics.

Jason

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jaak

Quote from: mauve66 on September 05, 2009, 02:42:18 PM
didn't hang out for church to end..............?

Nope.....wanted to, but had to get home, wife had to go to work, and I gotta stay with the kids. I did leave my 73 parked in my driveway though, maybe he (or she) will stop by when they leave.

Jason

1969chargerrtse

Oh that's funny.  I used to leave early.  Now I just don't go.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

RusTy/SE

Near my old Brooklyn neighborhood in April 2007 was this 1967 Charger.

jaak

Quote from: jaak on September 05, 2009, 02:56:28 PM

Nope.....wanted to, but had to get home, wife had to go to work, and I gotta stay with the kids. I did leave my 73 parked in my driveway though, maybe he (or she) will stop by when they leave.

Jason

My plan worked a couple hours later, the owner stopped by. It was a young guy (about 17-19 years old) and he had his parents with him. Chatted with him a little while, checked out his car, showed him my cars. Took him into the shop to show him the 69 RT project.... didn't seem to impressed with it , but he loved the 73 Rallye. I guess he's an absolute 3rd gen guy. He has done all the work to his car. It is a 318/auto.

Jason

General_01

My daughters took these pics of a Charger today.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparManJim

Did you get that gas leak problem fix? Nice car by the way.  :coolgleamA:

General_01

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 07, 2009, 12:42:36 AM
Did you get that gas leak problem fix? Nice car by the way.  :coolgleamA:

Thanks Jim.

Yep. It was just the short hose from the sending unit to the fuel line was dry rotted. We replaced the hose and all is good.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bull on September 04, 2009, 08:54:24 PM
Saw this one today near the Oregon state fairgrounds in Salem.

I think that's Dane (Daytona Guy)'s kids car if I'm correct...I'll have to look into it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

This was at a local muffler & tire shop, not long ago......

Jason

motorcitydak

Saw a brown '70 with a black top at a gas station last week at lapeer and clarkston rd. I think that was new haven or some city around there, anyway, its in michigan and I didnt have time for a pic
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Charger440RDN

Quote from: jaak on September 14, 2009, 04:33:46 PM
This was at a local muffler & tire shop, not long ago......

Jason

Man that is one clean General. We just don't see stuff like this everyday up here in my boring town Bloomington, IL. What really sucks is the car show season is almost over here too. People down south have it made  :'(

BMOTOXSTAR

I saw this last weekend for sale on the way home from the Local Mopar show here in Ohio. The guy that has the Charger also had this parked by his garage door.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT