News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Quote from: rp23g7 on January 25, 2010, 10:24:45 PM
The weather was pretty nice on Sat around here, so we decided to go on a little cruise.  Put 50 miles on the Coronet, for you Northwest guys, we went down 405 to Bellevue, took 112th , went up Bellevue Way though Kirkland, then Juanita and Bothell.

Didnt see any other MoPars, but got the thumbs up from a family in a nice 55 Bel Air, a guy in a new 500 SL held up traffic at a light looking at it, and a little kid and his dad walked around a corner with his dad, when we were sitting at a light and yelled "Oh SH*t, Dad, thats a real car isnt it?  Pulled into a parking lot so they could look at it, and parked on the street to have lunch, bunch of people stopped and took pictures with their camera phones etc

Wow, you were fifteen minutes from my house. The weather has had some real nice sunny periods lately, but
have not taken a car out in 4mo   :rotz: :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

rp23g7

Quote from: 8WHEELER on January 26, 2010, 03:38:02 AM
Quote from: rp23g7 on January 25, 2010, 10:24:45 PM
The weather was pretty nice on Sat around here, so we decided to go on a little cruise.  Put 50 miles on the Coronet, for you Northwest guys, we went down 405 to Bellevue, took 112th , went up Bellevue Way though Kirkland, then Juanita and Bothell.

Didnt see any other MoPars, but got the thumbs up from a family in a nice 55 Bel Air, a guy in a new 500 SL held up traffic at a light looking at it, and a little kid and his dad walked around a corner with his dad, when we were sitting at a light and yelled "Oh SH*t, Dad, thats a real car isnt it?  Pulled into a parking lot so they could look at it, and parked on the street to have lunch, bunch of people stopped and took pictures with their camera phones etc

Wow, you were fifteen minutes from my house. The weather has had some real nice sunny periods lately, but
have not taken a car out in 4mo   :rotz: :rotz:

Dan

Well, we should get together and go for a drive.  I was say'in to the wife, all we need is a couple more people and we would have our own traveling car show.

pullrock

It is not a Charger but a very cool Challenger.  This car is sitting at a Colorado Springs Dodge Dealership.  The story is it was totally restore at the dealership.  :coolgleamA:

Brock Samson

wow! that looks pretty much slick as snot. those the right side stripes for a '71?..

pullrock

Brock Samson

mauve66

looks like the stripes are painted on, much too shiny for decals
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

grdprx

I saw this light blue 3rd gen again, rolling through downtown Bellevue just after lunch today.   :coolgleamA:

Was gone before I could even think about taking a picture...   :brickwall:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49500.msg717398.html#msg717398

Same guy driving it, looks like a lot of rust along the bottom....  :pity:

375instroke

Last week, in Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle, on N 45th St. going East, there was a dark green '68 Charger R/T with white stripe, slammed to the ground.  Can't remember the wheels, but a lot of shinny aluminum pops into my mind.  He saw me in my Charger and waved.  I think it was raining that day, too.

chargergirl

Thanks for the memories...that Challenger was exactly like my first car. Man...winding roads of Maui and that car! Good Times!
Trust your Woobie!

FLG

How about a throwback pic??

Found it in a photo album...i wasnt born yet, but i believe this was taken in lake George. Moms not sure either....figure sometime early 80's??

:2thumbs:

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 26, 2010, 03:27:25 PM
wow! that looks pretty much slick as snot. those the right side stripes for a '71?..

The hood stripe is a 70 style, 71 would have the large R/T near the bottom.  The side stripe looks correct, from what I can see.

Finn

Ive posted this one before but I checked in on it last week and there's now a faded for sale sign in the window with just a phone number. It was raining then so I couldn't quite make it out but Im going to try and stop by again Monday after class. Will post up if anyone is interested.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Brock Samson

looks pretty nice even with the side bumpers, got keystones too..  :drool5:

ChgrSteve67

That will clean up nicely.

Guy probably wants 15k for it.

Finn

Wouldn't be surprised, its been there for years. Ive noticed looking through different photos Ive taken the tires have been inflated and deflated several times so the owner probably knows what its worth and checks up on it.
Still, its super clean and worth inquiring about imo.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Ghoste

Phone and ask him if you can take a couple of good pics of it so you can inform people on this site.  You could end up doing him and someone on here a big favor and you get a closer look at the car as a bonus.  :shruggy:

Charger440RDN

Nothing like an original desert car :drool5: no signs of salt corrosion at all

Finn

Was able to make out the number, I'll phone tomorrow or the day after to get the scoop.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Finn

Alright guys here's what I got:

2nd owner, owned it for 30+ years.
Rebuilt 318
New headliner
Not started in about a year
Asking 10,000 but not firm.

I didn't get his name (:brickwall:) but seemed like a nice enough guy. Said he lives a ways away though and you cant get into the storage lot unless he's there so it looks like Ill only be getting pictures from through the fence for now. Reason for selling is he's not using it so he doesn't want to pay storage. Said he's been getting a lot of calls. Also the fluids aren't drained but the battery is disconnected and it was last tagged in 1998.

Phone number: 818 865 4956

My take: Its super clean/straight from what I can see. Definitely worth saving. Probably would be drivable fairly easily with minimal work.
I'm not too familiar with the third gen market but I would guess a fair value would be around 4,000 if its drivable?? Personally I would pay more than that.
If anyone is serious but doesn't want to make the drive to Santa Clarita, I live about 5 minutes away from it so it wouldn't be a problem to check it out and take pictures(or even make a video) if you can schedule it with the owner.
:cheers:

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Finn on February 23, 2010, 07:43:10 PM
Alright guys here's what I got:

2nd owner, owned it for 30+ years.
Rebuilt 318
New headliner
Not started in about a year
Asking 10,000 but not firm.

I didn't get his name (:brickwall:) but seemed like a nice enough guy. Said he lives a ways away though and you cant get into the storage lot unless he's there so it looks like Ill only be getting pictures from through the fence for now. Reason for selling is he's not using it so he doesn't want to pay storage. Said he's been getting a lot of calls. Also the fluids aren't drained but the battery is disconnected and it was last tagged in 1998.

Phone number: 818 865 4956

My take: Its super clean/straight from what I can see. Definitely worth saving. Probably would be drivable fairly easily with minimal work.
I'm not too familiar with the third gen market but I would guess a fair value would be around 4,000 if its drivable?? Personally I would pay more than that.
If anyone is serious but doesn't want to make the drive to Santa Clarita, I live about 5 minutes away from it so it wouldn't be a problem to check it out and take pictures(or even make a video) if you can schedule it with the owner.
:cheers:

Looks like a real nice rust free car.  That 4k would get you a couple rear quarters on a 2nd gen car.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ChgrSteve67

If he has been getting lots of calls and no one has bought it ...  thats because his asking price is crazy and he dosen't want to accept a realistic price for it.

If it has not been started in a year and it has not been licensed since 98 its going to take some work and definately a rebuilt carb to get it going again. If its not filed as a non-op its going to also take some coin to register it. Brakes will also be needed and probably trans work.

I would say he will be lucky to get $3,500 for it.

It is a 318 car and not a BB.

Finn

I agree, its too high even for such a clean example. My reason for saying minimal work to get it driving was based off two 70 challengers I recently bought (for less than what he's asking btw :icon_smile_cool:) that hadn't moved/ran for several years and I had them both driving in under a month. Compared to the three years Ive been working on the charger it was a walk in the park haha.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L