News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should it be this hard to reinstall strut rods?

Started by WH23G3G, October 18, 2008, 06:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I already had my front end and rear end suspension fully installed. I used Energy Suspension urethane bushings front and rear. I noticed awhile back I had installed or thought I installed the strut rod bushings incorrect plus the washer was incorrect. So tonight I went back to change the washers and reinstall them correctly, but I'm thinking it was a mistake now. First does the large end of the bushing go into the K-frame and small cone shaped end go towards the strut rod washer? It looks like that is the case because the large end has a perforation that locks into the holes in the K-frame. But I don't know for sure. I absolutely cannot get the strut rod to line up with the bolt holes on the lower control arm. I thought maybe I had to have the control raised up. But it didn't help at all. I tried pushing the strut rod forward into the K-frame, but the bushings are urethane and there was no way I would be able to push it up far enough to line up the bolt holes. Everything is still on, brakes and all other parts. Of course the motor and trans arent in. According to all the repair manuals I have, this is suppose to be a simple procedure. I don't know what's goin wrong. But when I have the bushings installed and the nut finger tight the bolt holes on the end of the strut rod are probably 1/2 inch away from the holes on the lower control arm. Am I doing something wrong? What can I try? The sway bar was a pain to install too.