News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I agree with Steve. JB could sit back and bitch and moan about the car and cry on here how he got screwed. He could let it set around and do nothing to it and never found out how shoddy the job was. If the man has some money to correct the car then more power to him. He may have 40-50K invested in a 30K car or did nothing and had 35K in a 12K car and couldn't even drive it. Hind site is 20/20 but at least this way the bastards that did this on the car are exposed and the gratitude that some others wont be screwed will somewhat ease the pain. What ever else he has plans on I hope it all works out for him.  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

When i was getting screwed by my first body shop that worked on the birdible . Instead of acting right then , I got depressed and let it sit at his shop for 7 years with no work getting done on it. I blocked it out of my mind and got even more depressed about it as time went on. I only got ripped off for $5000.00 I paid him for work not done , and $2500.00 to replace the wing he stole/lost  ? Luckily I got all my other expensive parts back when i repossesed the car.  If I had not waited so long and acted like JB is maybe my wing would not have disapeared ?     JB is doing the right thing and keeping a great additude .  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on November 26, 2008, 11:31:52 AM
Interesting read:

http://www.knightfoundation.net/2008F0rum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10422&hilit=bk+automotive

Odd, they say RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH, but when I was first turned on to this car (here) I DID research BK Auto and found nothing out there (bad). On the flip side it was simple to find bad things about HLPAG - Those thread jump out at you..

That's why I'm hoping that the next "me" in line can find their way to this thread. 

It's funny that the people on that forum say "We thought Thomas ran for the hills long ago!". I'd like to find the threads/people that got screwed over on a KITT build. So far, I have one other GL person and a guy who paid to have an "A-Team Van" done.

RallyeMike

QuoteOk, there appears to be a lot of assuming going on around here..

Really, I applaud any efforts to expose the work of crooks and that the problems wont be passed along to the next owner. As far as what in NOW being done to the car, it's readily apparent that whatever is being spent is at least buying something of equivalent value.

The thing I was focusing on is that when people are more responsible with spending their money, the BK's of the world don't exist in the first place.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

skip68

:smilielol: Research.  :smilielol:  Where ?  If this Company (BK Automotive) was a 100% legit company it would be easy.  The problem is, (#1) This company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau. (#2) This company IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC as it states in their adds. (#3) These Forums are the place that you will find this information. (#4)  :slap: It takes enough of these forums and putting people together to get the ball rolling. (#5) I'm starting to see that most of the people that say they got ripped off are from other Countries. (#6)  :rotz: WE ARE LIVING THE RESEARCH AND CREATING IT:yesnod:  And for anyone buying a car period, take someone with you to check it out for you. Or, if you can't because you are far away, PAY to have it inspected.  It's sad that it has come to this but there are too many scammers out there.   I find it sad to see people trying to get the word out (which takes time and people to come forward) just to have other people put the blame on guys like sickdawg or jb666. So, to all of you that are saying do your research I ask you this. (#1) Are you a victim of BK Automotive ?  I don't think most of you are NOR AM I. (#2) How many of you have helped pursue these idiots like I have ? My guess is NONE or they would be gone by now. Lets keep the real blame where it is due and not on the battered wife.  :cheers:  I have to admit that I'm a smart ass here and I've had to be spanked a few times by the Moderator's,  :scratchchin: and I had it coming. :slap:  But I will do anything I can to help our members and pay my way in this site to be a productive member and not just a goofball.  :cheers:     Chuck.............. P.S. I too had a hard time finding the dirt on these guys, but it is out there.  Let's bring them down.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on November 26, 2008, 12:39:10 PM
:smilielol: Research.  :smilielol:  Where ?  If this Company (BK Automotive) was a 100% legit company it would be easy.  The problem is, (#1) This company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau. (#2) This company IS NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC as it states in their adds. (#3) These Forums are the place that you will find this information. (#4)  :slap: It takes enough of these forums and putting people together to get the ball rolling. (#5) I'm starting to see that most of the people getting ripped off are from other Countries. (#6)  :rotz: WE ARE LIVING THE RESEARCH AND CREATING IT:yesnod:  And for anyone buying a car period, take someone with you to check it out for you. Or, if you can't because you are far away, PAY to have it inspected.  It's sad that it has come to this but there are too many scammers out there.   I find it sad to see people trying to get the word out (which takes time and people to come forward) just to have other people put the blame on guys like sickdawg or jb666. So, to all of you that are saying do your research I ask you this. (#1) Are you a victim of BK Automotive ?  I don't think most of you are NOR AM I. (#2) How many of you have helped pursue these idiots like I have ? My guess is NONE or they would be gone by now. Lets keep the real blame where it is due and not on the battered wife.  :cheers:  I have to admit that I'm a smart ass here and I've had to be spanked a few times by the Moderator's,  :scratchchin: and I had it coming. :slap:  But I will do anything I can to help our members and pay my way in this site to be a productive member and not just a goofball.  :cheers:     Chuck.............. P.S. I too had a hard time finding the dirt on these guys, but it is out there.  Let's bring them down.  :2thumbs:
:coolgleamA: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: jb666 on November 26, 2008, 06:34:32 AM
First,its too late to even think about turning back.

Second, this isn't costing the amount some of you are assuming it is. A solid roller would run me $6k+.

To me, this project is gratifying knowing it'll be done right.

I'm at the same point with my project.

I went through very much the same kind of thing - with someone else (but while reading this thread I wonder if the guy that screwed me over got a job at BK. :D ).

It got to the point where I spent x number of dollars and had to get almost all the work re-done.
I thought about just cutting what I had into pieces and selling it so other Chargers could be saved.
Then getting a roller to start over with.

In reality, I would not be happy until I stripped the roller down and checked everything. Then redid the body and paint.
Sooo... I figure spend the $$ that a roller would cost on getting the metalwork done right, then do all that I would have to do with a roller anyway.. body and paint. Sure, I'll probably spend more than a roller might cost, but if I find one issue with the roller, I'm back to getting metalwork done.... round and round it goes... a 6K roller can turn in to a major project.

Then, I can say that I stuck with it, no matter how nasty it got. There's a certain amount of pride in that - even if it's at a cost.
It IS very gratifying.

I got it into a shop that was doing everything absolutely right.
I say "was" because a few things have caused me to stall the project. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it back on track.

Anyway that's another story. I could have built a thread very similar to yours with my story - except I can't find the guy that originally messed up my Charger.

skip68

BB1

Delete my profile

jb666

Quote from: BB1 on November 27, 2008, 06:13:19 AM
I like it, your doing the right thing jb.  :2thumbs:

Thank you!!  :cheers: :cheers: I feel really good about the whole thing..

I'm off tomorrow, but the shop will be busy at work on the car, so I'll head by for some more pictures.. Lots of new metal work that I'm dying to see  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 27, 2008, 04:56:23 PM
sweet, can't wait to see some more pictures :2thumbs:

Same here. I haven't seen it (in person) for almost a week and there's been a LOT of work done since then..

jerry

all you had to do was to look at the car when you went to get it.did you pay this shop to restore the car?NO. why should they care what you or anyone on here thinks. they got their money.you got what you look at and paid for. :Twocents:

Go Hogs Go

"all you had to do was to look at the car when you went to get it.did you pay this shop to restore the car?NO. why should they care what you or anyone on here thinks. they got their money.you got what you look at and paid for."

:slap:

Go Hogs!

skip68

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: Why should they care?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Jerry, Jerry, Jerry,  :rofl: :smilielol: :rofl:  Do you really not know the answer for that  ? ?  ?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

jerry

did this 23 page rant hurt their reputation??? :hah: :hah: :hah:if this didn't involve big $$$$$$$$$$$ it would have been a few replies on a post.  i think hearing the other sidessss of the story might prove interesting.
the problem i see isn't about anything more then guys so desperate to have a certain car that they dig up rusted dead buried bodies that should have stayed buried and spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to restore them and this is what you get. they are everywhere.poor judgement on owners part? what do you think.hope everything works out, after all its just money. :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: jerry on November 28, 2008, 09:04:17 AM
did this 23 page rant hurt their reputation??? :hah: :hah: :hah:if this didn't involve big $$$$$$$$$$$ it would have been a few replies on a post.  i think hearing the other sidessss of the story might prove interesting.
the problem i see isn't about anything more then guys so desperate to have a certain car that they dig up rusted dead buried bodies that should have stayed buried and spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to restore them and this is what you get. they are everywhere.poor judgement on owners part? what do you think.hope everything works out, after all its just money. :2thumbs:

Jerry, I can answer that question honestly -- YES!! I've been contacted by 2 people, so far that were going to buy from BK and aren't. I've been contacted by people that have purchased from BK in the past and have had similar problems. This thread has opened a LOT of eyes to BK's business practices, and while you don't appear to be too concerned about keeping people safe out there, some of us do.

And if you read the "23 page rant" you'd see the other sidesssss of the story wer already posting and was MOST DEFINITELY "interesting".

dkn1997

you have to go back and actually read this thread.  BK did post with their side. Go back and read what the owner said. 

Ironically, If BK had not come on here with his "explanations"  it would have been better for him.  A lot of people would have assumed there's more to the story and been more apt to dismiss a thread like this.  It's his responses that hurt him most because they were blatantly full of poop. 
RECHRGED

jaak

I haven't been following this thread, but I sat down and read all 22 pages yesterday. First off way to go Jb666 for spreading the word out on these jerks and I think this is really gonna be a punch to their "business". Secondly good luck on your car looks like its coming along good.
I read BK's posts and would like to say that was like watching a good comedy movie. They said they was trying to do a Brian a favor and built a low budget car? what a load of crap. The only things these guys actually spent money on was paint supplies/materials, and new interior.... just anything that could be seen. They didnt give one single thought about safety and driveability. Fiberglassed frame rails??? Get real!!!
I know people have different budgets, plans for their cars, etc. For example Im building a driver, I buy when I can, and sometimes I have to prioritize things, to me safety is first!!

Good Luck and keep up the good work jb666,
Jason

skip68

Jerry, First of all BK dug up these cars.  :slap: And that means that BK finds them.  ::)  And that means the customer doesn't go pick out the car.  :slap:  :smilielol:  Jerry, you need to read more before you post.  :yesnod: They show you pictures of what they do from the rotisserie up and then sell them.  The problem is that's not what the customer gets.  :slap: Then you talk about the other sides.  :smilielol:  We've got the car and we've got the paperwork.  And, we've all seen the photo's.   :shruggy:  How can there be another side?  :scratchchin:  Unless you mean BK's reason why they rip off people as the other side.  :shruggy:  But that's like asking a bank robber why he did it.  :smilielol:  And waiting to arrest him until you get his side.  :smilielol: :smilielol: You know he robbed the bank just like we know BK Automotive are liars, does it matter why? And we can prove it.   :smilielol:  But Jerry is right, BK may have a good reason to fraud people.  :eyes:   This other side stuff is a mute subject.  :yesnod:  I don't want this to get off topic.  It seems like you have bodyshop knowledge so you should join us and help us out here Jerry so that no other member or anyone gets ripped from BK Automotive.  :2thumbs:   Unless you see nothing wrong with the fine work from BK Automotive in the pictures.  :shruggy:   :rotz:

The70RT

It seems like Jerry didn't read the thread or is on BK's side for some reason. If he did read the thread what is the :hah: :hah: all about??? If Jerry had any dealings with BK that is good maybe he can share?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nh_mopar_fan

You'd think that someone might actually read the thread before they go shooting their mouth off.

Time to slink away, Jer.

Ghoste

Now, now, everyone is entitled to an opinion whether its the popular one or not.