News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

I read everything. My point is that your problem is about what you say, but you decide to get back at Jeff by posting rubbish. That is my definition of a weasel. A backstabber if you will. Did you say anything at all about how the fenders look worse than the pics showed? Did you say anything about there is more rust then he let on while you were there? Did you even wonder why he had a front clip priced cheaper than a fender on Ebay would go for?

I would understand you posting that you drove as far as you did and didn't buy the fenders because Jeff didn't show all that is wrong and he wasted your time. Might be legitimate beef. But you looked and still bought, but post crap like " Is this you under the car" as if to say Jeff got what he deserved.

I wish all people could be as perfect as you.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Ghoste

And since its obviously just a ploy to derail the thread hopefully the moderators will do another cleanup.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

I knew that was not Jeff under the car. I was hoping he would say oh that's Brian...Hooking up the rusty rear of the car so Jeff can't see how rusty it is. You all keep pushing the fender thing by rubbing it in...Do you think I'm not going to respond. Yes I told Jeff the Fenders where worse then I thought. But the price was fair. I've never denied that. It was the lack of disclosure that bothered me. He knew their was rust that was not shown or told to me even though I asked, then posted pics after the deal was done. After all he has been through you would think he would avoid this at all costs...

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

I've stated this five or six times...BK AUTO...They are the worst, most horrible, butchers of the cars I love. They are the scum of the earth, The biggest flushable turds I've seen. They give honest car guys a bad name. Calling what they do work should be a crime. I hope Jeff puts them through a wringer twice. But hey thats just my opinion and here that don't mean a thing.   

skip68

We don't need to share the same opinions.  You have every right as I or anyone else here to speak your opinion.   We just need to share the same goal in this matter.   :yesnod:

General_01

Quote from: captnsim on February 01, 2009, 02:17:31 AM
I knew that was not Jeff under the car. I was hoping he would say oh that's Brian...Hooking up the rusty rear of the car so Jeff can't see how rusty it is. You all keep pushing the fender thing by rubbing it in...Do you think I'm not going to respond. Yes I told Jeff the Fenders where worse then I thought. But the price was fair. I've never denied that. It was the lack of disclosure that bothered me. He knew their was rust that was not shown or told to me even though I asked, then posted pics after the deal was done. After all he has been through you would think he would avoid this at all costs...

This will be it for me. I still think you went about it all wrong.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

captnsim

After some of your pm's to me general_01 I know you think I'm wrong

model maker

A good idea would be to save this entire thread , transfer it to a disc and have it transcribed for legal purposes in order to keep all of the facts from the first few days when the problem started fresh so small details can be recalled easier and attorneys etc. can read for themselves the nightmare you are experiencing. I made it a point to spend the last couple of hours reading from page 1 and i would be surprised if i am able to sleep tonite from what i read and how they think they can actually get away with this. :RantExplode:
Bert
MODEL MAKER

skip68

model maker

Me Too, i am dozing at the keyboard time to fall asleep thinking about nice, clean, healthy chargers and imagining that i could have any one of them I wanted. the wife asks me why i am smiling in my sleep. :2thumbs: :cheers:
MODEL MAKER

jb666

Geeze!! I go to bed early and wake up to 2+ new pages!!
Quote from: model maker on February 01, 2009, 03:14:20 AM
A good idea would be to save this entire thread , transfer it to a disc and have it transcribed for legal purposes in order to keep all of the facts from the first few days when the problem started fresh so small details can be recalled easier and attorneys etc. can read for themselves the nightmare you are experiencing. I made it a point to spend the last couple of hours reading from page 1 and i would be surprised if i am able to sleep tonite from what i read and how they think they can actually get away with this. :RantExplode:
Bert

I've got MOST of it saved, but I'll talk to one of the admins about getting a copy of this thread into a DOC file if it's possible. Thanks for taking the time to read the entire thread!!

Quote from: captnsim on February 01, 2009, 02:51:36 AM
After some of your pm's to me general_01 I know you think I'm wrong

I'm not saying  you are WRONG about some of the things you're saying, just about the way you're saying it. Attacking me, personally, won't change this situation and why I/We are here.  :cheers:

Quote from: Ghoste on February 01, 2009, 02:11:08 AM
And since its obviously just a ploy to derail the thread hopefully the moderators will do another cleanup.
Exactly, I hope so too. I've said it a lot here, but I want this to stay on track for it's true meaning here, which has a lot of value to other people out there looking to buy.

Quote from: captnsim on February 01, 2009, 02:30:07 AM
I've stated this five or six times...BK AUTO...They are the worst, most horrible, butchers of the cars I love. They are the scum of the earth, The biggest flushable turds I've seen. They give honest car guys a bad name. Calling what they do work should be a crime. I hope Jeff puts them through a wringer twice. But hey thats just my opinion and here that don't mean a thing.  

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that what we've ALL been saying??  :shruggy:

mikepmcs

Agreed! Too much.
Steve, do your thang. Including my Eddie Murphy derail a couple pages ago and now this one, damnit, I can't stop getting off topic.  What time is  the Super Bowl...gotta get he food cooked...house cleaned.....
Hope everyone has a pleasant day. :cheers:

Jeff, how's the measurement search for the graphic locations coming on the DVD's? :icon_smile_big:

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

joflaig

Geez, 3 pages in a day. If you read the thread from the start Jeff freely admits any of the mistakes other members have pointed out. The point here is not to bash him. BUT I do agree with one comment made by someone in the last few pages, which is that if you bother reading previous threads I think that while some warned him about obvious things like HLPAG, a lot of others ended up helping to stoke him up. Somebody comes here the first time looking for a car and since we're all enthusiasts we try and help. My point is (and maybe after this thread the problem is solved) that we should not always be super-cheerleaders in these cases, but advise people with a lot of detailed caution. That's not the kind of advice I saw Jeff getting before he got this car. He was into modern Vettes and not classic mopars. This horrow-show was another member's car, and if I recall other members (not blaming anyone) had steered him to it. Of course, just one member knowing another member has a car for sale doesn't make them an expert on it's condition. Clearly, just because you belong to this forum, trustworthy does it make you not.

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on February 01, 2009, 12:08:09 AM
Quote from: RTpsyco on January 31, 2009, 11:18:04 PM
After reading many of Jeff's posts and all the advice people on this forum gave you on those posts before buying a charger, I find it hard to believe you did not see all the rust this car had loading it, is that you under the back of your car in this pic? Pic from this forum by the way. Was not all those holes you posted pics of visible? That car looked like swiss cheese in your pics. I know you have stated you where blinded by this car but that much? Sorry to be a first post slammer

All I can say is that even the most sound thinkers can succumb to blind faith in a seller, and even blinder faith in an old car's outer, visible condition.
When we bought our Charger this is what I experienced:

1. Not enough time to really look the car over as we were on our way home from vacation. (Found it on a lot on the side of the road.)
2. Car was too far away to come back and fine-tooth it, and my bodyman was not with me.
3. The fear of the car being sold out from underneath me (not rational, but it happened.)
4. Impulse buying! Must...have...Charger!
5. Scarcity! (I'm never going to find a deal like this--ever!
6. Anxious to leave: kids tired, wife threatening me, wanted to sit down, blah blah blah.
7. Seller didn't voluntarily reveal the big problem with the car.
8. Seller hid problematic areas due to --greed?
9. Ended up not being as nice of a car.
10.Ultimately paid too much for car.

Bottom line is we didn't get what we paid for, because the seller was deceptive.

If I didn't know any better I'd say those 10 points were written by me. Almost all of those points exist. We drove down in the middle of the night, met at Brian's house at 6AM, loaded the car and split.

First, Brian claimed he had made a 10 mile trip down the road to a gas station, where the car got "lots of attention", even a state police officer that wanted his picture with the car. BUT, the morning we were loading the car on the trailer he couldn't keep it running longer then 20 seconds (which I found out later was because the air/fuel mixture screws were cranked all the way in on the carb). So how did he drive it anywhere unless he was gas/braking it the entire trip. Not a lot of fun.

Second, at this hour of the morning, the last thing I wanted to do (in a congested neighborhood) was keep it running any longer than it had to. It's louder than Hell. I should have been more concerned about MY well being then that of his neighbor's (sleep).

Here's a video of Brian trying to get the car on the trailer.. You can see/hear for yourself. This was at 6AM. The funny thing is here's proof there were never "working" reverse lights on this car. It took close to 20 minutes to get the car from his garage to the trailer.

And here I think it stalled 4-5X just trying to get it on the trailer. If you listen , you can hear the crickets.. It may have been BEFORE 6AM. I remember waking Brian up because we arrived early.

And here's how it ran after about 15 minutes of carb tuning.. When I went to the front of the car you can still see the BK tags on the inner fenders. This was taken the morning after we got home..

And finally, the same morning, when it went to my buddy's shop to be checked out on the lift (where it stayed for 3 weeks, right before it went to Jon's). It's never been back to my house since...

Back N Black

skip68

I think that I'm going to go from the start of this and write down each post number that needs to be put in a new file so when we are done it will be very easy to fallow.   ;)

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on February 01, 2009, 11:57:11 AM
I like the sound, what mufflers you have on there?

Flowmaster 40 series w X-pipe. Here's an earlier picture that shows the setup... (PRE-any work being done on the car)

Quote from: skip68 on February 01, 2009, 12:01:47 PM
I think that I'm going to go from the start of this and write down each post number that needs to be put in a new file so when we are done it will be very easy to fallow.   ;)

That's a good idea. I've also asked Troy if this thread can be exported as a DOC file.

The70RT

I think I would be more worried about the dog............feed that rail  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on February 01, 2009, 12:29:29 PM
I think I would be more worried about the dog............feed that rail  :shruggy:

What dog???? If my puppy was in the picture somewhere, that's funny.. At that time she was an 11 week old 3 lb American Eskimo Toy. She's supposed to be small  :lol:

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on February 01, 2009, 12:47:21 PM

What dog???? If my puppy was in the picture somewhere, that's funny.. At that time she was an 11 week old 3 lb American Eskimo Toy. She's supposed to be small  :lol:

No JB...... not that cute little thing. captnsim's dog. His avatar.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on February 01, 2009, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 01, 2009, 12:47:21 PM

No JB...... not that cute little thing. captnsim's dog. His avatar.

Oh, OOPS!! I thought my new puppy made it into one of the videos..

captnsim

That's a Italian Greyhound. She has a open bowl, food in it all the time...eats all she wants...She is supposed to be skinny but thanks for the concern.