News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 01:46:15 PM
Any new news Jeff?

Today, nothing. Did you see the pictures I posted from yesterday's visit? They tell quite the story. Tomorrow there should be some more news.. I'll post any updates I get.

captnsim

Yeah...I'm thinking of going at those fenders from you with a razor myself...:o Just haven't got courage to try yet. Maybe after a beer or two...

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 02:04:01 PM
Yeah...I'm thinking of going at those fenders from you with a razor myself...:o Just haven't got courage to try yet. Maybe after a beer or two...

Well I can all but promise the paint will come off the same way..  :flame: This thing is a horror show.

captnsim

One of the things I find the "funniest" is the odd bits of metal used all over your car...Does BK keep a bits bin just for this purpose? Or maybe that's why his cars cost so much...Must take alot of time to find the right bits of metal for each one of his "customized" additions.

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 02:24:13 PM
One of the things I find the "funniest" is the odd bits of metal used all over your car...Does BK keep a bits bin just for this purpose? Or maybe that's why his cars cost so much...Must take alot of time to find the right bits of metal for each one of his "customized" additions.

That's for sure.. That's why I've kept the motto "more patches than your average quilt" when I talk about the panels. They were MASTERS of covering things that could have EASILY been repaired...

skip68

If you run a "chop shop" you will have lots of metal pieces.   :yesnod:  You have to get rid of it somehow.  :rofl: :smilielol:   Think about it.  What do you think happened to the car that BK took the V.I.N. tag from ?   :icon_smile_big:   We will get to the bottom of this in time.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Jeff, looking at the pic of the inner doors when your shop does the painting they will be color matching the tan interior to paint on the lower door frame to match correct?

One of my biggest peeves is to have exterior body color there (as there was on your doors)

Just curious....

PS---I cant believe they used silicone to hold on the quarter trim moldings.....wait....actually I guess I can :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on February 08, 2009, 04:53:23 PM
Jeff, looking at the pic of the inner doors when your shop does the painting they will be color matching the tan interior to paint on the lower door frame to match correct?

One of my biggest peeves is to have exterior body color there (as there was on your doors)

Just curious....

PS---I cant believe they used silicone to hold on the quarter trim moldings.....wait....actually I guess I can :rotz:

Do you have a picture to explain what you're saying? If I'm reading this right, you're saying under my door panel (inside) shouldn't be Orange?? I actually like the look.. It should be Tan to match the interior??

Do you mean the strip of Orange you can see at the bottom of my door panel in this shot?

captnsim

Yeah I think that's what he means. That area was interior color or black from the factory. Wrapped around about half a inch. The door jamb is still body color though.

MoparManJim

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 05:02:57 PM
Yeah I think that's what he means. That area was interior color or black from the factory. Wrapped around about half a inch. The door jamb is still body color though.

Behind the door panel should be the real factory interior body color. Behind mine, it was. 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 05:02:57 PM

The weatherstrip on the door shell is the break point for the two colors.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TripleBlackGator

Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

General_01

Oh, you came back to show how shallow you are. Thanks. We already knew that. :hah:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

captnsim

jb666

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: jb666 on February 08, 2009, 04:56:43 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on February 08, 2009, 04:53:23 PM

Just curious....

Do you have a picture to explain what you're saying? If I'm reading this right, you're saying under my door panel (inside) shouldn't be Orange?? I actually like the look.. It should be Tan to match the interior??

Do you mean the strip of Orange you can see at the bottom of my door panel in this shot?

Yep the orange part in this pic....just one of those "things"  for me is all...no biggie to those that have it done this way
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Now tell me something, on a car without remote mirrors, what's supposed to be in the upper door panel for a plug.. Safe to say that a floor pan plug isn't proper??

Marsh

Quote from: jb666 on February 08, 2009, 10:58:45 AM
Quote from: Marsh on February 08, 2009, 10:54:57 AM
Quote from: skip68 on February 08, 2009, 12:27:30 AM
So, I take it you know Jeff ?   Is this one of the worst or the worst story you've ever heard ?  :rotz:
Yes, I know him from a different forum.  No doubt.  All I can say is this will be one bad car when complete.  I am hoping he brings it to carlisle this year. 

Hey Marsh!! I'm glad you came over (and posted). Thanks for the support!!

I've known Marsh for a few years... He comes from another forum that I'm a post whore on..

I'm looking for a trailer now.. If I can find one I'll be bringing it to a LOT MORE shows than I ever would, along with my BK DISPLAY. Wait until you see the stuff I've got.. People set things up around their cars, well I promise you this will attract a crowd!!!

:cheers:

captnsim

All the pads had the indent...with a "knock out" for the remote control. I think???

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bluestar

You know.  Until you unwrapped that interior and showed us the hack job that was holding it all together underneath,  that picture shows a nice looking interior.  Shows how deceiving pictures can be.

Correct or not, I like the orange stripe on the bottom of the door for a General.

captnsim

With the doors, dash and steering column painted body color it can give a nice custom look.

jaak

Quote from: jb666 on February 08, 2009, 07:34:00 PM
Now tell me something, on a car without remote mirrors, what's supposed to be in the upper door panel for a plug.. Safe to say that a floor pan plug isn't proper??

Heres a small pic of a remote mirror delete plug. You need one?

Jason