News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Here's another car that my shop painted back in 1984.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this car...

:drool5:

FLG

dodgecharger-fan

KS71owner

Quote from: Stretch on February 26, 2009, 03:40:34 PM

On a side note. I can't help but wonder if the Christine '58 fury that BK is surly butchering is the car that was pulled out of the time capsule in Oklahoma. LOL.

Stretch

I saw a newspaper article on that car when they pulled it out - I'm pretty sure Coddington was going to restore it, but I haven't heard anything about it for a while. Since their shop is closed now I'm guessing somebody else will be doing it.

captnsim

jb666

And here are a few more of BK's "cover up" shots...

Keep in mind the door post is being replaced with a clean donor post.  :2thumbs:

Quarter trim pc cut to fit  ::) , Now I'll be looking for one of these if anyone here has it??

Rear tale panel cut off. What a mess  :yesnod:

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 26, 2009, 08:31:35 PM
Thats...interesting. Nice looking work.  :2thumbs:

Yeah, the little pickup with the mural is cool. It was built to be a tow rig for the car.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: KS71owner on February 26, 2009, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: Stretch on February 26, 2009, 03:40:34 PM

On a side note. I can't help but wonder if the Christine '58 fury that BK is surly butchering is the car that was pulled out of the time capsule in Oklahoma. LOL.

Stretch

I saw a newspaper article on that car when they pulled it out - I'm pretty sure Coddington was going to restore it, but I haven't heard anything about it for a while. Since their shop is closed now I'm guessing somebody else will be doing it.

He walked away from it. The guys that own safestrustremover.com did start on it. Not sure if they kept at it or not.
That stuff they sell is amazing. I think the only problem I see with using it on that car is that it removes rust. If you do that, what's left.

:scratchchin: Who's up for renting a water drop plane, loading it up with safest rust remover and flying over a certain shop in Houston?

dodgecharger-fan

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: jb666 on February 26, 2009, 08:43:28 PM
I'll rent the plane!!!  :2thumbs: Hell, I could have bought a small plane with what I've got into restoring BK's restoration!!

A cleanse the Earth mission. So to speak.  :rofl:

General_01

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on February 26, 2009, 08:45:33 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 26, 2009, 08:43:28 PM
I'll rent the plane!!!  :2thumbs: Hell, I could have bought a small plane with what I've got into restoring BK's restoration!!

A cleanse the Earth mission. So to speak.  :rofl:

I vote for Napalm! :flame:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

They did say that they had a hurricane at BK.   Look at it as a late hurricane relief drop.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

scatpack69

ok I want to add some emoticons....you guys get carried away with em so it's my turn.  :yesnod:
I looked at the 74 TA build. what a joke! :eek2: :smilielol: ::) :shruggy: :slap: :rotz:

ok just my  :Twocents:

seriously Jeff I try to keep up on whats goin on. I still shake my head in disbelief. :shruggy: :rotz:

bogus

How... how much longer will it take for:

a) BK to turn into dust?

b) Your GL to come back from the ashes?

I just finished looking at the pics from that Firebird build... what a crock. The Republican? What kind of pandering is that?

The Mark IV is another mess... he claims patriotism through past military service? Was he dishonourably discharged? I wouldn't trust him with a model, let alone a real car.

The site doesn't look like its been updated in a while... they are still displaying the link to Boyd's death - that was over a year ago.

I feel bad for the owner of the Firebird... I really do. And the owners of anything else they have built.

Are you taking legal action?
Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

autodynamics

autodynamics

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on February 26, 2009, 11:39:38 PM
cant believe your still uncovering damage

Nothing surprises me any more. Wait.. Finding something done RIGHT would shock the Hell out of me!!

bogus

Quote from: jb666 on February 26, 2009, 11:35:47 PM
Quote from: bogus on February 26, 2009, 11:25:50 PM
How... how much longer will it take for:

a) BK to turn into dust?

b) Your GL to come back from the ashes?

I just finished looking at the pics from that Firebird build... what a crock. The Republican? What kind of pandering is that?

The Mark IV is another mess... he claims patriotism through past military service? Was he dishonourably discharged? I wouldn't trust him with a model, let alone a real car.

The site doesn't look like its been updated in a while... they are still displaying the link to Boyd's death - that was over a year ago.

I feel bad for the owner of the Firebird... I really do. And the owners of anything else they have built.

Are you taking legal action?

Hi Andy.. Well...

A. Is in the works.

B. Is definitely in the works and looking better EVERY DAY!!

As far as feeling bad for owner(s) of BK vehicles, I'm with you. There are plenty that deserve pity. I don't see myself as one since I got myself into this mess, but imagine the poor guy in another country who sent BK his life savings for his dream car and got a trash can? Those are the people I feel sorry for, that are so far away and completely helpless.

How about the kid that's been saving for 10 years and is FINALLY able to put that deposit on his "dream car"?? Maybe bumping into this thread online will save him from the biggest headache of his life.

Either way, it's all good.

And last, don't you worry, more legal avenues are being traveled than BK will be able to handle. They are traveling on a very narrow one way street and are being met head on by a steam roller. Only 'one way' for them to go.

Keep an eye on the thread, I'll be posting pictures quite often!!
Quote from: autodynamics on February 26, 2009, 11:32:10 PM
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

What's wrong?  :lol:

I just cannot believe that the prior owner didn't see any of these problems.

I will keep track of this... the thread has doubled since I last checked it!!

Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

autodynamics

keep posting pics, the progress is amazing so far and the speed in which they are working,,, what do you think your total resto is gonna cost you??

dodgecharger-fan

That works. That's pretty much how I got as far as I did before things tightened up and I had to stop.