News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

cant believe the tranny tunnel is soo bastardized...damn these guys left no metal untouched..

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on March 04, 2009, 10:02:21 PM
cant believe the tranny tunnel is soo bastardized...damn these guys left no metal untouched..

Oh they KILLED the tunnel.

Discharged

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2009, 09:58:36 PMAm I physically DOING any of this restoration ? No, I can't take credit for that either (I'll do the interior, that's about it), but this car will be valued as if I built it with my own hands when it's done. I hope to (knock on simulated woodgrain :smilielol: ) keep this car for a VERY LONG TIME.  At this point I almost HAVE to  :lol:
There's an old insult to teachers that says, "Those who can, do.  Those who can't, teach."

In this case, it's a compliment really.  Though you may have not been able to accomplish the level of work evident in your General Lee (maybe you could have--if you can weld like that, I have a unibody I want you to finish), you have most-certainly taught a very-solid lesson to anyone that's read this post even a few pages through.  Though you won't profit from it one cent, it seems to me the heartbreaks you've saved will do more for you than money ever would.  Most honorable.

I'm staying tuned to the end, Jeff... not just for the Charger's glorious return to the road, but the ruination of BK Auto (or whatever name they're using this week) and Thomas Schubert as well.

A little hunch: BK stands for "Brian Knows."  Don't let him off too easy on this deal.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Discharged

Quote from: skip68 on March 04, 2009, 10:22:44 PM
Thank's Discharged and welcome to the site.  :cheers:  Only a few people know what I've done and got going for my friend Thomas Schubert and BK.   :scratchchin:  I'm guessing you've talked to someone that has inside info or are you one of my new friends from one of the agencies in Texas ?

I'm not from one of the TX agencies, nor am I holding any inside information.  I'm just quite good at realizing what's up from your posts that might be cryptic to others.  As I mentioned, I was raised in the legal system--Dad was (at various times) a State Representative, an attorney, and up until his retirement, a judge.  Mom was a depositionist.  My brother was a cop and my older sister was a legal assistant until she went to work for the State of MI; my other sister was a paralegal until she switched careers.  My Dad's brother was attorney, State Court Administrator, associate then head dean for the National Judicial College in Reno NV and to this day travels the world teaching and giving speeches on the American legal system.  Bring cousins and other extended family into it, and I have more law enforcement in my family than most people know.

Taking all that into account and adding the fact that I am one hell of a devious revenge artist, I've read some of your posts and thought, "Damn... that is great!  I wouldn't have thought of that!"

Admittedly, my recourses for revenge really haven't been the type for which I could have engaged the legal system.  However, I will say that other than one particular event (OK, two) I've not run afoul of the law in my methods at aggravating the hell out of my subjects... and even in the sublegal events, I was never caught. :angel:

If the legal system lets you down, you can still make someone's life a living hell.  I've done it.  :icon_smile_wink:

I know my way around the law, despite many run-ins with it.  Were I a sheep, I'd disappear at night.

Stanleyart

Quote from: jb666 on March 04, 2009, 08:22:18 PM

Dang, I'm moist! :P

Jeff, did you take this shot and if so can you send me a high-res image of it? This would make a rather nice painting.

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Steve P.

Quote from: C_stripes on March 05, 2009, 12:26:35 AM
I really like the blue, I think you should go that color.  :icon_smile_big:

Hahahahahahaa......   Funny guy.... 

Wait, wasn't the original Gen.Lee blue??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

C_stripes

iirc, it was black

I was serious. Blue looks SOOOOOOOO nice.

For real though. Congrats on the car. It looks awesome. BK should rust in jail.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Steve P. on March 05, 2009, 12:29:17 AM
Quote from: C_stripes on March 05, 2009, 12:26:35 AM
I really like the blue, I think you should go that color.  :icon_smile_big:

Hahahahahahaa......   Funny guy.... 

Wait, wasn't the original Gen.Lee blue??

That depends how you look at it. In 7th season in the 1st epsidoe "Happy Birthday General Lee" he was found black. Yet in the 1st season 1st episode "One Arm-Bandits" Lee 1 was a bronze color from the factory.  :shruggy:

Dixiesatellite

Hi,

Thought I would drop in and say how much I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread. Spent an enjoyable afternoon last week reading all pages. Best of luck with the continued resurrection of the Charger and looking forward to the finished product - she is going to be sex on wheels.

I don't have a Charger, but I do have a very nice '72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus 400 4-BBL (so still a Mopar).

Another burning question is for autodynamics - whose amazing *ss is that in your avatar? ;D 

:cheers:

Ian B.

Ghoste

Big Sugar

I spoke with Jeff (jb666) last evening on the phone and I have to tell you all what a stand up guy this Jeff is .
 No Finger pointing, no Blaming, No freaking out.  He simply puts his emotions aside and moves forward , I think the most of us would have either given up or simply had a nervous breakdown. He definitely has it together. :2thumbs:
He also reminded me what a great group of guys we have here at DC com and he acknowledges that this wouldn't be possible without all the help from the forum.
 This General Lee is without a doubt the story of the year here on the forum and Jeff is sort of a poster boy representing the power of our Community

So I toast Jeff for his unfailing determination and Complete class throughout his first Mopar experience :2thumbs:
And I toast all the members on the Forum who have stepped up to help a Stranger with a Bad Mopar.  :2thumbs:

My hat is off to you all
 Cheers  :cheers:

I certainly hope all the Mopar Rags give Jeff his Due when this is all said and done.
In the meantime  Shouldn't we give the reborn General Lee a nickname ?? as a salute.

General Lee 2nd Tour ?
Sargent Lee ?
Admiral Lee ?
Reluctant Lee ?
Honourable Lee ?
Hemi Lee   ?

Just a thought, Any Ideas ?

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Big Sugar

I wanted to use

Bastard Lee ?

But thats where it was when BK built it  :rofl:

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jb666

Thank you, Ron!!!! It was great talking to you last night as well. You have some great ideas/suggestions that I immediately passed along!!

As for naming the car, I'm all for it. I think it's something that could stick with the car, and when I make my show posters up for this coming year I'd put the name at the very top...

So let's do it!! Let's come up with a name.. Something that would represent this entire ordeal but at the same time would be SHORT & SWEET.

:popcrn:

skip68

YES ! YES ! YES !    That car MUST get a name.   :scratchchin:   Something GENERAL LEE.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on March 05, 2009, 10:05:51 AM
When it's finished it could be Final Lee or Triumphant Lee.

We should put someone in charge of keeping track of the suggested names and updating them on a master list.

Maybe the naming of the car should be done in it's own thread?

Big Sugar

That's a good one Shaun

I like FINAL LEE

it used to be   HAPHAZZARD LEE

Try These,           ASTOUNDING LEE     
                          CORRECT LEE
and one from Jeff   THANKFUL LEE

skip68

I think it's ironic that Thomas named this car GENERAL LEE'S REVENGE don't you Jeff ?  :smilielol:  This shows you to be careful when naming a car.  You really do need a name to stand out because I have a feeling your car will become famous and get lots of attention.

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on March 05, 2009, 10:26:01 AM
I think it's ironic that Thomas named this car GENERAL LEE'S REVENGE don't you Jeff ?  :smilielol:  This shows you to be careful when naming a car.  You really do need a name to stand out because I have a feeling your car will become famous and get lots of attention.

Well, we need to get people on board for this part of the project.... I think it's a GREAT idea.

Back N Black

Quote from: jb666 on March 05, 2009, 10:07:18 AM

We should put someone in charge of keeping track of the suggested names and updating them on a master list.

Maybe the naming of the car should be done in it's own thread?

Cody is good at compiling list, therefore i nominate Bronzey.

skip68