News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh

Jeff,  Are you going to install the cool BK Auto resto tag when your finished?   :rofl:

autodynamics

This one's my favorite.. Now that it actually has the lines it should, it's really looking like the dream I always had  2thumbs 2thumbs

what are you going to do about an antenna? i see the hole is plugged.. did you skim it over with duct tape and bondo?

mikepmcs

AMD fenders don't come with an antenna hole.

I think they made them with us Duke boys in mind. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 14, 2009, 07:59:51 PM

It's good for 99% of the replicas. Don't forget the early Georgia GL's still had the antenna. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Marsh on March 14, 2009, 07:43:03 PM
Jeff,  Are you going to install the cool BK Auto resto tag when your finished?   :rofl:

He should on the pile of bondo he plans on displaying.

KS71owner

Ghoste

jb666

Jeff,  Are you going to install the cool BK Auto resto tag when your finished?   :rofl:

:icon_smile_blackeye: You guys are too much.

No, seriously, you're too much.

:rotz:  :lol:

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 14, 2009, 07:59:51 PM

Correcto... I'm not going to put any kind of a system in this car, so I was happy there was no antenna hole in the new fender.

General_01

I think he should. He could have that cool tag on a table to show what BK did right and the big pile of crap and video on another table to show what they did wrong. That way Jeff can't be accused of only showing the crappy work of BK. He will have a balanced display of the good and bad of BK. :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

Quote from: General_01 on March 14, 2009, 09:18:11 PM

I think he should. He could have that cool tag on a table to show what BK did right and the big pile of crap and video on another table to show what they did wrong. That way Jeff can't be accused of only showing the crappy work of BK. He will have a balanced display of the good and bad of BK. :smilielol:

I think he should just mount it on a plaque and sit it between the two new digital photo frames he just bought  :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cozmo

Hey Jeff,
I've wanted a Millenium Falcon since I was a kid. I found this one slightly used. What do you think?

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Cozmo on March 15, 2009, 12:21:00 AM
Hey Jeff,
I've wanted a Millenium Falcon since I was a kid. I found this one slightly used. What do you think?

Check the frame rails and go over the entire body with a fridge magnet, but remember that the duralloy panels are not magnetic. So, you'll have to visually inspect those. Ask if you can remove them and check the backside.
If either of the Kuat drive yards is fried, forget it. You can't get them anymore and you can't make them up yourself.

See if you can get the original the Hanx-Wargel SuperFlow IV computer. If so, put it back in and toss those droid brains that were put in. They just argue with each other.

Everything else, like sensor jammers, etc.. can be worked on, but if they check out when you test drive it, you should expect that to factor in to the price.

Good luck.

Cozmo

RamchargerMopar

Hi there jb666, I was given a heads up to this thread over on Ramcharger Central and I spent about 13 hours reading the posts all the way up to i think page 122. :o  I live in Maine so I got nothing better to do. Anyway I have been following along since and showing many of my GL fan friends along the way. I am sorry this happened to you but I am happy too. This Charger has a new lease on life and this has to be the best GL build I have ever seen. :popcrn: It makes me so mad to see people get shafted like that but you have kept your cool so well its almost inspiring. I hope your getting video of some of this stuff I would love to hear it fired up after its all done with. A friend of mine says he might have that rear brow and remote mirrors he been digging around in his trailers for the parts. Good luck on every thing. To those who are from the shop reading this thread I hope you all take great pride in your work. You have done fantastic work that is magical and inspiring. You all have been doing a great job so far! And Thomas you should be ashamed of yourself! BAD KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol wait a minute...bad kitty- BK Hmmmmmmmm interesting
Mopar or No Car!

mikepmcs

Where in Maine, I'm in readfield.  Some other Maineiacs on this site as well. 
Welcome aboard.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on March 15, 2009, 02:35:29 PM
Hi there jb666, I was given a heads up to this thread over on Ramcharger Central and I spent about 13 hours reading the posts all the way up to i think page 122. :o  I live in Maine so I got nothing better to do. Anyway I have been following along since and showing many of my GL fan friends along the way. I am sorry this happened to you but I am happy too. This Charger has a new lease on life and this has to be the best GL build I have ever seen. :popcrn: It makes me so mad to see people get shafted like that but you have kept your cool so well its almost inspiring. I hope your getting video of some of this stuff I would love to hear it fired up after its all done with. A friend of mine says he might have that rear brow and remote mirrors he been digging around in his trailers for the parts. Good luck on every thing. To those who are from the shop reading this thread I hope you all take great pride in your work. You have done fantastic work that is magical and inspiring. You all have been doing a great job so far! And Thomas you should be ashamed of yourself! BAD KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol wait a minute...bad kitty- BK Hmmmmmmmm interesting

Hey, welcome to the forum and thanks for the words!!  If your friend had those parts it'd be awesome!!

:cheers: :cheers:

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 15, 2009, 02:38:25 PM
Welcome aboard.

Mike

I am in Ellsworth Maine right in between Bangor and Barharbor
Mopar or No Car!

Steve P.

Quote from: General_01 on March 14, 2009, 06:02:11 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on March 14, 2009, 05:33:34 PM
The second gen Chargers are a very sexy car. It doesn't take much looking around to notice that SEXY has been a thing of the past in cars.. I would have to say,,,, oh,,,,, 1970 was about the end of it...        ;)

Are dissin' us 3rd gen owners Steve? :RantExplode: ;)

Sorry bro. You know i love them too. Matter of fact, the only Charger I ever owned was a 3rd gen. Spent alllllot of time in a 71' Super "B" also... Hell, I don't think they ever made a mopar I didn't like..   Ooooops.. Take that back... The 80's put a real kink in that thought... But like I say, for the most part I think they started loosing interest in tight cut, bathing beauty bodies after about 70. A few lingered on with some heat, but not the FIRE, in my humble opinion...  I would like to own a 71' GTX one day... All black with very little brightwork....     But the 68' - 70' Charger is PURE SEX....   :2thumbs:

Sorry to get off the tracks here....  Now back to the BK SAGA....   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on March 15, 2009, 02:56:23 PM
Welcome aboard.

Mike

You buddies with SUNROOF BLACK LEE?  He's in the Bangor area.

RamchargerMopar

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 15, 2009, 03:42:00 PM
Quote from: RamchargerMopar on March 15, 2009, 02:56:23 PM
Welcome aboard.

Mike

You buddies with SUNROOF BLACK LEE?  He's in the Bangor area.

Nope Don't know the person sorry.
Mopar or No Car!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Marck

Big Sugar

We're starting to fade here, Two posts in 1 day.....Jeff where are you ?

Throw us a pic

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 17, 2009, 09:18:41 PM
We're starting to fade here, Two posts in 1 day.....Jeff where are you ?

Throw us a pic

Ron

Hi Ron -- I apologize for the lack of posting, but I'm trying to keep the topic on subject. I was guilty of posting a lot of un-related crap and was clogging up my own story. For this to go 130 pages is ridiculous (in more than one way).

As for updates, I got a call from the shop last night. The entire car is now roughed out. Any remaining Orange you saw last is now history.

I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding a passenger's rear quarter end trim cap though.  I've been steered towards (2), so far, and both were broken. MINE'S broken, that's why I'm trying to replace it.. of all parts I figured this one would be the easiest.

Anyways, I won't have pictures until Saturday. The shop owner (who sends me the pictures) is away for two weeks.  As the nice weather comes closer, I'm getting more and more anxious to see this car finished. It's going to be amazing when it's done.

:cheers: