News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scatpack69

AutoRust has some great replacement parts. Mopar Action uses them for several of their own cars.

mikepmcs

Quote from: scatpack69 on March 22, 2009, 02:59:40 PM
AutoRust has some great replacement parts. Mopar Action uses them for several of their own cars.

Yessir, you are correct.  Dave from Auto Rust Technicians has been posting on this thread periodically.  Matter of fact, go back one page and you'll see a nice message from him. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Back N Black

Hey Jeff, the car looks awesome! Love the wheel and tire combo, fill out the wheel wells perfectly. What size wheel,tire combo and backspacing if you don't mind me asking?

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on March 22, 2009, 05:36:16 PM
Hey Jeff, the car looks awesome! Love the wheel and tire combo, fill out the wheel wells perfectly. What size wheel,tire combo and backspacing if you don't mind me asking?

Hi -- The front wheels are 8.5" with 235'5 and the rears are 9.5's with 285's. I like the combo, too, it fills the wheel wells really nicely!! I was used to running 315's/335's on the back of my Vette so I was afraid these would look tiny, but they don't!!

As for the offset, I'm sorry but I can't help you there.. They were on the car when I got them.

Between the tire/wheel combo and the stance of the car, it really LOOKED perfect before.. Not sure if you can tell, but from this picture (below) to the pictures above we cranked the nose up a bit. It was TOO low... (headers, oilpan, etc...)

satellite plumah

Hi whats up jeff, I met you at  " the body shop" sat morning I wouldn't normally search a charger site even though mopar love is all good, I prefer the squared up b bodies 65-67. that said I was amazed at this story and it reads like  140 pg horror story and it sucks you in. being a local guy who travels in similer circles Im sure well catch up again this summer at wallyworld, in the meantme it was nice to meet you and good luck with this project I know you have more than qualified technicians on it and it WILL be beautifull I know

jb666

Quote from: satellite plumah on March 22, 2009, 08:20:13 PM
Hi whats up jeff, I met you at  " the body shop" sat morning I wouldn't normally search a charger site even though mopar love is all good, I prefer the squared up b bodies 65-67. that said I was amazed at this story and it reads like  140 pg horror story and it sucks you in. being a local guy who travels in similer circles Im sure well catch up again this summer at wallyworld, in the meantme it was nice to meet you and good luck with this project I know you have more than qualified technicians on it and it WILL be beautifull I know

Hey, thanks!! It was great meeting you this weekend, and I'm sure we'll see each other at the shows this year.

BTW, I got to see the famous 'toilet' Saturday. It was a highlight!! He demonstrated it's power by flushing my sneakers.  :cheers:

moparheater

Wow, after catching up with this story over the past couple of days I decided to go out and give my 66 charger a hug and promise her I'd never put her through such misery! Reminds me of the phrase "do it right do it light, do it wrong do it long".

jb666

Quote from: moparheater on March 22, 2009, 10:57:51 PM
Wow, after catching up with this story over the past couple of days I decided to go out and give my 66 charger a hug and promise her I'd never put her through such misery! Reminds me of the phrase "do it right do it light, do it wrong do it long".

I hear you there... And remember that...

And I'll remember something, as well... If I EVER go to look at another car... I'LL BRING SOMEONE  :lol:

satellite plumah

hi jeff, for 20.00$ I can show how to get your kicks back!!  imagine being so impressed with a domestic toilet and then going to work and ripping into a hemi car without so much as a blink. that man is MY hero!! plus he's a badass painter/artist :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: satellite plumah on March 23, 2009, 07:32:56 PM
hi jeff, for 20.00$ I can show how to get your kicks back!!  imagine being so impressed with a domestic toilet and then going to work and ripping into a hemi car without so much as a blink. that man is MY hero!! plus he's a badass painter/artist :2thumbs:

Yeah, seriously. It baffles me that he can do the work he's capable of without breaking a sweat.. I'd be like a med student watching his first operation .. PASSING OUT when the whiz wheel comes out..

I've seen some work come out of that shop that made my head spin.. Crazy  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

And it's ok, they weren't worth $20. I just ran cause he asked for my jacket next. :eek2:

jb666

Quote from: AutoRust on March 20, 2009, 11:58:59 PM
jb666,   I have to offer my condolences and my congratulations for what you have done. I run a company here in RI, Auto Rust Technicians, we have been doing rust repair for 32 years. Its guys like HLPAG and BK that give the business a bad name, and that really blows, we all work way to hard to keep a good reputation in this business, for a couple of douche bags to do this, just pisses me off big time. :flame: :brickwall: :flame:
I was mystified when you cut off the rear quarters and didnt clean the rest of the car off at that point.  I am not criticizing, just wondering why they didnt look further at the chassis shop. But as I typed that I realized, they are a chassis shop, not a body shop.
Its amazing what you have done with this car, and I cant wait to see you and it around this summer.
Hey, check out massmopar.com,   there is a lotta local guys there you might enjoy getting to know.

2 things I need to go over here

1. One of my customers was Jeff, the guy that had BK build the 71 Hemi Cuda from a 73 Cuda. I know he spent LARGE $$ on that car. Imagine, they "built it" in a week or 3 !!  :2thumbs:   I think I can get in touch with him still if you need to, but I am unsure if he still has the car, he had it built with great intentions of building it and hitting it rich at one of the auctions. Last time I spoke with him he was trying to get the bidding up on flea-bay, and wanted me to put in a schill bid. $105k was the last number I recall hearing was spent to build it ( he might have been one of the cheap guys) and the e-bay bids were at $50K. This was several years ago when the "clone" cars were pulling good money, but who knows what this car looked like up close, I can only imagine :flame:

2. Get me an address of the body shop, I would like to donate a set of torques boxes for the car. I see they put sub frame connectors in it, and you have a 6 point cage in it. But, if your gonna drive it, and there is a chance you might apply some unintended acceleration, well, everything you can do to help keep her from twisting will be good. You must have blown some serious dough doing this car right, and I appreciate that tremendously. PM me, or call me, I will send a box to you asap, before they start putting paint on.

Dave

:cheers:

Wow Dave, you certainly don't waste any time!! I got the box this morning with the new torque boxes!! My first impression, upon opening the box, is that they are VERY nicely made. Excellent quality and I can definitely see why these would strengthen a car!! I'll have them at the shop in the next day or two where they'll be welded on before any paint work is done.

Thank you!!!  :cheers: :cheers: I'll make sure to get pictures before/after the install for reference!!!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on March 24, 2009, 11:47:46 AM
Quote from: AutoRust on March 20, 2009, 11:58:59 PM
jb666,   I have to offer my condolences and my congratulations for what you have done. I run a company here in RI, Auto Rust Technicians, we have been doing rust repair for 32 years. Its guys like HLPAG and BK that give the business a bad name, and that really blows, we all work way to hard to keep a good reputation in this business, for a couple of douche bags to do this, just pisses me off big time. :flame: :brickwall: :flame:
I was mystified when you cut off the rear quarters and didnt clean the rest of the car off at that point.  I am not criticizing, just wondering why they didnt look further at the chassis shop. But as I typed that I realized, they are a chassis shop, not a body shop.
Its amazing what you have done with this car, and I cant wait to see you and it around this summer.
Hey, check out massmopar.com,   there is a lotta local guys there you might enjoy getting to know.

2 things I need to go over here

1. One of my customers was Jeff, the guy that had BK build the 71 Hemi Cuda from a 73 Cuda. I know he spent LARGE $$ on that car. Imagine, they "built it" in a week or 3 !!  :2thumbs:   I think I can get in touch with him still if you need to, but I am unsure if he still has the car, he had it built with great intentions of building it and hitting it rich at one of the auctions. Last time I spoke with him he was trying to get the bidding up on flea-bay, and wanted me to put in a schill bid. $105k was the last number I recall hearing was spent to build it ( he might have been one of the cheap guys) and the e-bay bids were at $50K. This was several years ago when the "clone" cars were pulling good money, but who knows what this car looked like up close, I can only imagine :flame:

2. Get me an address of the body shop, I would like to donate a set of torques boxes for the car. I see they put sub frame connectors in it, and you have a 6 point cage in it. But, if your gonna drive it, and there is a chance you might apply some unintended acceleration, well, everything you can do to help keep her from twisting will be good. You must have blown some serious dough doing this car right, and I appreciate that tremendously. PM me, or call me, I will send a box to you asap, before they start putting paint on.

Dave

:cheers:

Wow Dave, you certainly don't waste any time!! I got the box this morning with the new torque boxes!! My first impression, upon opening the box, is that they are VERY nicely made. Excellent quality and I can definitely see why these would strengthen a car!! I'll have them at the shop in the next day or two where they'll be welded on before any paint work is done.

Thank you!!!  :cheers: :cheers: I'll make sure to get pictures before/after the install for reference!!!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

That is an AWESOME gesture!!!  :notworthy:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Big Sugar

Nicely Done Dave !
Jeff that GL should roll  nice and tight now.

Cheers
Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

teamroth

Awesome! Helping out a guy when he's been beaten down by this crook is great PR and a hell of a nice thing to do!
Cheers Dave  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

tan top

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 24, 2009, 03:20:56 PM
Nicely Done Dave !

Cheers
Ron
Quote from: teamroth on March 24, 2009, 03:27:39 PM
Awesome! Helping out a guy when he's been beaten down by this crook is great PR and a hell of a nice thing to do!

:2thumbs: :coolgleamA:  awesome thing to do  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

skip68

Hey Jeff, do you have the BK Automotive ebay adds saved ?  They no longer show up.  If you do, can you post them ?  Talk to you later.  I'm going back underground.   :scope: :naughty:   Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

runningman

Quote from: tan top on March 24, 2009, 04:03:13 PM
Nicely Done Dave !

Cheers
Ron

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on March 24, 2009, 06:33:12 PM
Hey Jeff, do you have the BK Automotive ebay adds saved ?  They no longer show up.  If you do, can you post them ?  Talk to you later.  I'm going back underground.   :scope: :naughty:   Chuck..............

Yes I do. I have their entire site and all of their EBay ads saved and backed up.
Quote from: runningman on March 24, 2009, 06:57:14 PM
Quote from: tan top on March 24, 2009, 04:03:13 PM
Nicely Done Dave !

Cheers
Ron

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I agree -- These will be a great addition to the General!!

jb666

Quote from: dstryr on March 18, 2009, 01:52:00 PM
I think this is what you need?? B/E&A has them,

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=b&cat=e

This link takes you to the Exterior parts page.  Click 'Next' 8 pages forward for the caps.

I also came home to find these on my doorstep tonight.. REALLY nice aftermarket part!!

I'll pull these AND the torque boxes out of the boxes tomorrow and post some pictures!  :cheers: :cheers:

AutoRust

FYI,  this what what I told Jeff in a PM

I am not giving you the torque boxes in order to make additional sales, (not that it hurts), nor to be in a magazine (we have been in plenty) but because I just think you have gotten screwed so many ways along the way here, it would just be the right thing to do, show you there are people in the hobby that are not always about the money. We do this stuff here at Auto Rust because we are Mopar enthusiasts, always have been, always will be. We love cars actually, any kind, any shape. We support the sport when we can, and try to give back to the community that has supported us since 1977.

Dave
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

mikepmcs

Dave,
Since you are giving back......
Here's an easy one.  Your avatar, full size pic please! :D

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AutoRust

OK,    :cheers:
Just for fun of course, not hijacking a very important thread !!
Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

teamroth

Quote from: AutoRust on March 25, 2009, 01:47:16 PM
FYI,  this what what I told Jeff in a PM

I am not giving you the torque boxes in order to make additional sales, (not that it hurts), nor to be in a magazine (we have been in plenty) but because I just think you have gotten screwed so many ways along the way here, it would just be the right thing to do, show you there are people in the hobby that are not always about the money. We do this stuff here at Auto Rust because we are Mopar enthusiasts, always have been, always will be. We love cars actually, any kind, any shape. We support the sport when we can, and try to give back to the community that has supported us since 1977.

Dave

Dave, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I meant it is great what you have done, showing that there are still real people out there to do business with. When I'm in the market, you will surely be getting some of my business. Cheers  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.