News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

Wait until he tells you the shop you are using is a bunch of amateurs. :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on June 16, 2009, 06:40:17 PM
Wait until he tells you the shop you are using is a bunch of amateurs. :smilielol:

Eh, it's ok.. He can say what he wants, I really don't care..  :cheers: :cheers:

Steve P.

I would think anyone reading this thread would KNOW BETTER than to try to pull a fast one.  If he hasn't read it, it won't be long now...

Jeff, I'm glad the boys didn't let you cut off your dream.   They damn sure are watching out for you....

Now THAT is how you take care of your customer AND build AND KEEP a great reputation... :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on June 16, 2009, 09:22:25 PM
I would think anyone reading this thread would KNOW BETTER than to try to pull a fast one.  If he hasn't read it, it won't be long now...

Jeff, I'm glad the boys didn't let you cut off your dream.   They damn sure are watching out for you....

Now THAT is how you take care of your customer AND build AND KEEP a great reputation... :2thumbs:
Ya know, Steve, some people aren't that bright.. He claimed, on the phone, he didn't really know about this site or my car, then he says "are you the one that had a car built by BJ's and it was bad and is being rebuilt?"

Come on man.. You are a "diehard General Lee guy" and you haven't read about this obnoxious thread that won't die?  :brickwall: Where do I meet these clowns.

Man, when this thing's done I'm going to take a longggggggggggggggggggggggggggg vacation... The moon is looking good.

For anyone who cares, I've put my best foot forward. I think I'm being reasonable.

http://www.cglfc.com/CGLFCmessage_board.htm

My plea is under the GENERAL LEE STUFF section... I can't link directly to it for some reason..

c00nhunterjoe

c00nhunterjoe

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

c00nhunterjoe

jb666

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 16, 2009, 09:59:57 PM
mine wont either, it only posts the main site

Yeah, it's odd. And like I said over there, I'm not looking to drag him through the mud, I just hate when people can't be decent enough to respond to emails/pms , especially when you've sent several, then hours later you see them posting about you in another thread....

Is honesty too much to ask for from vendors out there now?  :brickwall:

c00nhunterjoe

i feel your pain, i've been burned many times and i am VERY hesitant to do anything online anymore, even ebay has caused me many headaches.   just for the hell of it, why are you painting the flag and doors rather then use a decal kit?

c00nhunterjoe

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on June 16, 2009, 09:30:53 PM

For anyone who cares, I've put my best foot forward. I think I'm being reasonable.

http://www.cglfc.com/CGLFCmessage_board.htm

My plea is under the GENERAL LEE STUFF section... I can't link directly to it for some reason..

It was moved to the Out House area http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=23350 now.

jb666

So , I got a reply over there.. He's drawing pictures, talking about our phone call and doing anything he can to avoid a refund....

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on June 17, 2009, 12:29:24 PM
So , I got a reply over there.. He's drawing pictures, talking about our phone call and doing anything he can to avoid a refund....

Yea, I seen his drawings on over lap this, over lap that. I wouldn't even do that, the one Coonhunterjoe posted the link to on ebay doesn't even compare to that. What the hell did he send you? from the drawings he posted over there, it looks like a big puzzle.  ::)

I don't know much about the vinyl he talks about, but can't use tape on it? All the viniyl I know of you can use tape on.

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 17, 2009, 12:37:20 PM

Yea, I seen his drawings on over lap this, over lap that. I wouldn't even do that, the one Coonhunterjoe posted the link to on ebay doesn't even compare to that. What the hell did he send you? from the drawings he posted over there, it looks like a big puzzle.  ::)

I don't know much about the vinyl he talks about, but can't use tape on it? All the viniyl I know of you can use tape on.

That's just it, I'm NOT giving something to my shop with "overlap here" and "Place here on the corner".

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on June 17, 2009, 12:39:13 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on June 17, 2009, 12:37:20 PM

That's just it, I'm NOT giving something to my shop with "overlap here" and "Place here on the corner".

I'll be honest and say it right here, when I first saw the drawings I was like "what the heck is this of? and where is the starting point of it" then as I was trying to finger it out myself by looking at the photos they look like 2D or 3D puzzles where you need 3D glasses to finger them all out!

General_01

I figured as much. :rotz:
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on June 17, 2009, 04:44:47 PM

I figured as much. :rotz:

I don't know, but I've had it. I'm beginning to get real discouraged, and it sucks that this has to happen so close to the end of this project, but I think I'm gonna back-burner this whole car deal and not even think about it for a few weeks.. I've had it. People suck.. All they want to do is sell CRAP and then make excuses for it...

Not that the $$ I spent on this is a big deal, because in the big picture, it's not, it's just the principal.. I've had enough... So, I think my new approach, for a while, will be "What car?" and enjoy what I've got out (and on the road) right now...

:wave:

c00nhunterjoe

nooooo!!!!!! you cant give up now, it is so close. keep on fighting!

General_01

I can see your point. This whole car has been an ordeal so your feelings are understandable. I just think about how close you are. The shop is taking care of the stencil. Don't let Bugsy make you lose site of your end goal. In a few weeks you will have an awesome General. Go to some cruise nights in your Vette. Have some fun while the GL is being finished up. I for one can't wait to see it.

Just remember all the good people you have met through this build. You may never have met Mike if it weren't for this car. And Chuck. How different would your life be if you never heard of Chuck? (not sure if that is a good example to give, eh Chuck? :nana:)

Keep your chin up and just think about Carlisle next year. :2thumbs:
496 stroker
4-speed

c00nhunterjoe

teamroth

Did you buy by credit card or paypal? If so, just do a charge back and let them fight for you.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on June 17, 2009, 06:35:09 PM
Did you buy by credit card or paypal? If so, just do a charge back and let them fight for you.

I paid by PayPal, but they have a ton of new rules there and they don't stand by any "quality issues" , only damage(d) things, according to them.

Check out the thread over there, this guy Bugsy is a real pc of work... I can't believe someone would trash their own reputation over $200... It's crazy. Once I post pics you guys will LAUGH, this kit is a joke.