News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

jb666

New updates coming this week.. The car's back in the paint booth  :cheers: :cheers:

:cheers:

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: jb666 on July 06, 2009, 05:23:30 PM
New updates coming this week.. The car's back in the paint booth  :cheers: :cheers:

I love that paint booth. Somebody has some great talent and spare time! Just kidding! Looks great thought.

Can't wait to see that GL in pearl!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

jb666

Quote from: mopar_nut_440_6 on July 06, 2009, 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: jb666 on July 06, 2009, 05:23:30 PM

I love that paint booth. Somebody has some great talent and spare time! Just kidding! Looks great thought.

Can't wait to see that GL in pearl!

You nailed it.. He does the booth on his "days off" (Saturdays and Sundays). It's a good example of the talent running around in there.. That's why I was laughing when someone asked about a pro doing the artwork on my car.. It's kind of like asking an artist to draw a stick figure.. Child's play, compared to some of the stuff they've done.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

The pics on the left remind me of the Odd Rods stickers we had as kids.  Good stuff!~

jb666

There's some really cool stuff in the shop.. Like this 50's Pontiac they were getting ready to roll out to a huge 4th Of July party at the owner's house.. This car is gorgeous, but the part that amazes me was the size of it. It's a boat!!

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Pretty sure it's a 56 with the bumper on it.  55 had a split in the upper bumper bar but in any case it's a gorgeous car.

jb666

You guys are right, it's a 1956 Star Chief.  :cheers: :cheers:

I just got great news... My doors are completely finished and they are moving on to the roof now!!!

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

:2thumbs:   This has been one hell of a long journey and the end of this chapter is near.   :yesnod:   Well done. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Well, today was a bit unexpected...  I have this week off, so I was down getting my exhaust done on the other Charger (about a mile from the General's shop) when my phone rang.. It's the guy from the shop, and he says to me "I wish you were near here, you'd love this!!". I said " I'm about a mile from you, I'll be right over!!"

To say that I'm happy would be an understatement.. The doors came out incredible. The graphics were painted on with a White Pearl first, then the Black went on (they decided NOT to use Pearl Black for this step) and were then buried under 5 coats of clear.

The roof (Pearl Base) is complete -- Flag AND lettering. Tomorrow the color starts to go down..

I only had my IPhone with me (had an empty camera case  :brickwall: ) so please excuse the photo quality, but I'll have some better shots tonight, when one of the guys from the shop forwards his pictures to me.. Then towards the end of the week will be some really nice shots!!

What's great though is that the placement, measurements and all details of these graphics have been checked, re-checked and checked again.. Everything is as it should be!!!

These things look like they are a mile under the clear, it's awesome!!

And here you can see that ONCE BACKING PAPER was applied to Bugsy's Mom's "stencils", the "General Lee" lettering could be used, but the way Bugsy's Mom sent me the graphics they could have never been used.

mikepmcs

perfect. i knew they would be incredible considering the level of talent. tell the boys they are wicked mint!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: on the road right now, talk later.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Here are a few shots taken earlier (by the shop)

Getting ready for the base coat:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RamchargerMopar

Mopar or No Car!

jb666

Thanks guys... More pictures coming soon.

I just met up with the local Mopar/parts guy and grabbed the last pc of my puzzle, the front marker (reflector) assembly. He's going to be checking this thread out...  About 3 months ago I picked up a set of OEM (STILL IN THE BOX) exhaust tips from him for Troy and have been in contact with him ever since.. His name's Phil and hopefully he signs up and says HI, he's got more Mopar knowledge in his head than most website, it's pretty cool!!  :icon_smile_cool:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mikepmcs

Jeff, you get my text?

I'm guessing I don't need to look for the front markers in carlisle?  :2thumbs: :cheers:

jb666

Mike -- I just got it now!! Sorry, I didn't see it sitting in my inbox.

Well, you and Frank are heading to Carlisle and both know about these... One of my 'housings' has a broken stud, so if you do see anything, let me know..

Also, the set I picked up today don't have the bracket on the backside that holds it to the fender...

FLG

Ok well me and mike are going to have to stay in touch to make sure we both dont come back with parts.

I'll get mikes number at carlisle and if either one of us finds something well make sure the other knows  :2thumbs: