News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Jeff, the bars going inside the engine compartment from the firewall down to the front are called what ?   Are those "custom made" by BK ? ? ?  Or does anybody know if they are made by a shop for the Chargers ?   If this is a BK thing then I've found another BK Auto GENERAL LEE.    :yesnod:    
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on October 24, 2009, 09:28:01 PM
Jeff, the bars going inside the engine compartment from the firewall down to the front are called what ?   Are those "custom made" by BK ? ? ?  Or does anybody know if they are made by a shop for the Chargers ?   If this is a BK thing then I've found another BK Auto GENERAL LEE.    :yesnod:    

I'm not sure, Skip.. I saw (on another Charger/GL??) the same bars. The pictures were posted here, on the forum, and I was laughing because BK said they MADE these... Post up what you have, because for the life of me I can't remember who/where it was..

Anyways, tonight, for our romantic date night, I took the wife out to dinner, then brought her to the garage where I jammed her in the trunk. It went on for about 2 hours... DOING DYNAMAT you sick puppies!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The first step is done -- This will then be covered by the next layer of foam/felt with adhesive, then the factory trunk liner.

It helps , because my wife is 4'11" tall and 100 lbs, so she can easily get into the areas that I wouldn't dare...

This stuff makes a huge difference.. When I locked her in there for the night I could barely hear her screaming on the outside!!  :cheers:

captnsim

Quote from: BKautomotive on November 17, 2008, 04:47:21 PM

Gee, let's weld a couple of cool looking bars under the hood and then brag about how they'll take the torque of the Hemi.. When in reality they are welded to a thin pc of metal known as the FIREWALL. These things have about as much support as a 2X4 would holding up a bridge..

-They are not welded to the firewal. They are welded to a 1/4" steel plate reinforcement on the wirewall. And yes, they are very strong. It has been proven on the track with high hp and high $ cars. these braces are built by XV who produces $250k base model super-muscle cars. Its ridiculous to say they are anything but perfect.[/glow]
In Bondo kings own words...

FLG

I dont see XV offering such a kit....hmm mabybe give em a call and see what they say ???  :D

jb666

Quote from: FLG on October 24, 2009, 10:32:22 PM
I dont see XV offering such a kit....hmm mabybe give em a call and see what they say ???  :D

you think BK would LIE??? (gasps...)  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FLG

Nah,

From what ive read and seen the dude seems like a pretty straight shooter, ya know the tell it like it is kinda guy.

Im sure that 12 year old welded that sh^t up good!! Heck throw some hooks on em and you can use em to lift up the car if need be.

:2thumbs:

jb666

Yeah.. If the motor was coming out this winter, those were the first things to go.. Jon can put something in there that actually works.

FLG

No doubt.

When i show people his connectors from the top well they gotta go through the rear floor...no worries there but they look at the welds and are amazed. I then show them it form the bottom and there like "DAMN they look factory".

Jeff i can now jack up my car on one side and open both doors just as if it was on the floor....the sure do work. Not only that but when people get in the back its pure comedy!!

Better halfs friend needed a ride, i told her i had no back seat ya gotta sit on the floor...no problemo. She gets in, trips over the connector and falls on the floor. No injuries so i was dying laughing.

jb666

That's awesome!! I know they work.. I took my car down an extremely bumpy road the other day. I remember taking it when I first got the car and I thought it was gonna fall apart. Everything but my rear molars was banging/rattling/clunking around.. Now it's as tight as a new vehicle. HUGE difference. I'm sure the bar setup I have plays a part in it, but the sub-frame connectors are awesome!!

I love this shot that Mike sent me.. He worked some of his magic on it!!

Big Sugar

Those Bars are used commonly in race cars as bracing to tighten the chassis up. Magnumforce sells them as
"Forward strut braces" I think they would play a big part in making a very sound Mopar, as long as they were installed correctly.

http://www.magnumforce.com/store/results.asp?CategoryID=54

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

mikepmcs

screwing around at 0300... couldn't sleep. thanks to you I found another cool plug in for photoshop. :2thumbs:

To be honest, your picture is better. I was just having some fun.  Can you send a few of those pics again email. Thanks.

Have a nice day.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Very cool Mike, thanks!! I like that!!

Well, I went to what we believe will be the last car show of the season. I met up with an old friend and we parked beside each other..He's got a nicely modified Shelby GT500.. 600 RWHP is right around his corner.. pretty damn cool car!!

One thing that cracks me up is the group of people that this car attracts...  :rofl: Let's just say... Rednecks are funny people.. But getting through the 3rd grade shouldn't be an option, and marrying your sister certainly isn't!!!

I won't post them ALL , but here are a few pictures from today...

Then, after the show, we found a cool field and did a few more pictures...

Overall it was a GREAT day.. Cruised with the car for hours, hung out with friends and never had a single thing go wrong.. Who could ask for anything more  :cheers: :cheers:

ZSmithersCharges

Nice cars I'll take the one on the right... but if it was an orphan I would take the one on the left too :icon_smile_big: :drive:

Bluestar

Damn, I drove by that show at Southeastern Regional HS on my way to Blue Hills this afternoon and wondered if you were going to be there.  I wish I could have dropped in as it looked like a fairly significant show.

d/ur/t

I know you haven't disclosed the cost but do the boys know how many hours to put that car right. :shruggy:

btw the pictures look hot

jb666

Quote from: Bluestar on October 25, 2009, 08:42:49 PM
Damn, I drove by that show at Southeastern Regional HS on my way to Blue Hills this afternoon and wondered if you were going to be there.  I wish I could have dropped in as it looked like a fairly significant show.

It's ok, there's one more week left (this Sunday!).

Quote from: d/ur/t on October 25, 2009, 10:18:39 PM
I know you haven't disclosed the cost but do the buys no how many hours to put that car right. :shruggy:

I'll have to find out. One of the guys at the shop, alone, has well over 400 hours. I'll try to find the total between the 3 guys.

Blown70

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 25, 2009, 06:54:19 AM
screwing around at 0300... couldn't sleep. thanks to you I found another cool plug in for photoshop. :2thumbs:

To be honest, your picture is better. I was just having some fun.  Can you send a few of those pics again email. Thanks.

Have a nice day.

WOW Mike great work.  That is a beautiful picture. 

JB, love the two cars together. I dont mind them there fords at all.... But would take the general there if given the option..... :2thumbs:

jb666

OK guys -- The arm rests have been spoken for.. I'll take pictures of the next items that are up on the chopping block.. Free of charge, you just pay shipping  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Neal_J on October 23, 2009, 10:22:36 AM
Jeff:

It's great that you're spreading the love with the leftover parts.

If these are old BK parts, I think we need some sort of exorcism to shed the bad part-karma.  We need to sacrifice a chicken or a virgin or something.  I don't have a chicken. Where's Cody?

I was away for the weekend when the armrest's were posted. I don't have much money to cover shipping for other parts anyways so I'm gonna have to sadly bow out for now :'(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

skip68

I'll take the MSD dist.  and gears now Jeff.    :icon_smile_big:      You need to bring that car out here in March for Mopars at the strip.    :2thumbs:   If you ship it early, I'll store it for you in my garage.   :yesnod:    No charge !
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 27, 2009, 09:04:17 PM
Quote from: Neal_J on October 23, 2009, 10:22:36 AM
Jeff:

It's great that you're spreading the love with the leftover parts.

If these are old BK parts, I think we need some sort of exorcism to shed the bad part-karma.  We need to sacrifice a chicken or a virgin or something.  I don't have a chicken. Where's Cody?

I was away for the weekend when the armrest's were posted. I don't have much money to cover shipping for other parts anyways so I'm gonna have to sadly bow out for now :'(

Don't worry, there will be other things.. I'll take care of you if there's something you want.

Quote from: skip68 on October 27, 2009, 09:26:33 PM
I'll take the MSD dist.  and gears now Jeff.    :icon_smile_big:      You need to bring that car out here in March for Mopars at the strip.    :2thumbs:   If you ship it early, I'll store it for you in my garage.   :yesnod:    No charge !

Wow, you're such a nice guy, Chuck!!

moparstuart

jeff if you have anything  that fits on a 68 you should donate it to this guy

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63114.0.html        Wow
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on October 30, 2009, 01:40:29 PM
  jeff if you have anything  that fits on a 68 you should donate it to this guy

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63114.0.html        Wow

:o

I don't think I have much that would help him out