News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 17, 2011, 11:47:41 PM
Quote from: barefootmat on November 17, 2011, 11:31:55 PM
Personaly I would rather see a 68-70 Dodge Charger rust complety down to the earths crust before I'd even consider replicating a horrible icon of an American Social Cancer know to many as "the dukes of Hazzard". It has nothing to do with poltics just a feeling I had.

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

WOW!   Where the hell did that come from?

FLG

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Personaly I would rather see a 68-70 Dodge Charger rust complety down to the earths crust before I'd even consider replicating a horrible icon of an American Social Cancer know to many as "the dukes of Hazzard". It has nothing to do with poltics just a feeling I had.

Yea, an you must own a rice burner car too. Because you shure as heck didn't use a brain cell to think your post out at all.. because if you had you would shure as heck know under that paint job is still yet a charger that can be made into anything. An also in case you wasn't using your brain, the so called "horrible icon of an American Social Cancer" is what saved alot of the chargers you see on here. Some of the members on here might like the show also but yet they didn't make there chargers into that as you call it "horrible icon of an American Social Cancer car" but yet went there own way with there chargers. Also you also slam a "charger" on a "charger site"...  :slap:.   :icon_smile_dissapprove:

FLG

Jim.

With all due respect...shut up, before this thread turns into a shit fest.

MoparManJim

Quote from: FLG on November 18, 2011, 04:01:58 AM
Jim.

With all due respect...shut up, before this thread turns into a shit fest.

Hey, now that's rude man.. YOU should tell what you just said to me to the other person that said what they did. So with all due respect.. you look at the other person an NOT at me. 3 other people spoke an when I do you come at me. Tell the others also an not just me.

skip68

No worries guys.  This thread is toooooo important and a moderator will delete any unnecessary post and spank the troublemaker.  
:cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

elacruze

This is the punky import kid who joined because his buddy had a '70 that he 'might buy' and now probably broke-assed and pissed because buddy sold to somebody with an income.

Sour Grapes Mr. Brewster.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

projectanimal

Hey JB GREAT story and continued updates on the thread!   :cheers: :2thumbs:   Finally had time to read from the beginning and thank my lucky stars that we found a car which was actually solid with minor "backyard mechanic work" as our starting point!   :icon_smile_big:    we're not transforming her into a GL, but a nice driver R/T "clone" (or what ever people call a nice 70' restored with badges & 440 from an original a slant 6 SE)  :nana:   

Hope to catch you at a show or on the road next year as we'll be cruising around Mass a little from CT. :coolgleamA: 

keep the photo's coming!

p.s. - I'll take one of those T-shirts too, XL.....  :rofl: 

northwest CT

Stretch

perhaps I missed the update, but is there any news on the BK auto legal situation?
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

jb666

Quote from: projectanimal on November 18, 2011, 09:25:00 AM
Hey JB GREAT story and continued updates on the thread!   :cheers: :2thumbs:   Finally had time to read from the beginning and thank my lucky stars that we found a car which was actually solid with minor "backyard mechanic work" as our starting point!   :icon_smile_big:    we're not transforming her into a GL, but a nice driver R/T "clone" (or what ever people call a nice 70' restored with badges & 440 from an original a slant 6 SE)  :nana:   

Hope to catch you at a show or on the road next year as we'll be cruising around Mass a little from CT. :coolgleamA: 

keep the photo's coming!

Had no idea this thread was back to life!  Let me know when you're out and about and we'll be sure to hook up!!!

Quote from: Stretch on November 18, 2011, 09:49:10 AM

perhaps I missed the update, but is there any news on the BK auto legal situation?
Honestly? I don't know, and I don't care.. I'm so over "BK Auto" it's not even funny. They haven't rented space in my head since the car's been finished.. The situation was driving me to drink, and I didn't need that... I'll leave Karma to do the job...

Quote from: nvrbdn on November 18, 2011, 08:29:22 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 18, 2011, 01:40:53 AM
Quote from: FLG on November 18, 2011, 01:39:27 AM
Jeff, cars looking great bud!

:iagree:

X2  awesome  :cheers:

Thanks, guys!! I know the GL isn't everyone's cup of Tea,and I FINALLY get that (yeah, I used to wonder why?!?!).. But it's my dream, and I'm livin' it... I have no regrets  :2thumbs: I've had some incredible experiences because of this car. I've made some AMAZING friends because of this car.  I would not trade this entire experience for anything, because some things have no price tag.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: projectanimal on November 18, 2011, 09:25:00 AM

keep the photo's coming!

I'd love to see the fender tag on that.  If it's a Charger 500 SE, they only made 1 225-6!!!!   :o

projectanimal

472 R/T - the car has no fender tag or any build sheets, but the VIN states it was made in Michigan and was a slant 6.  I picked it up with a 383 block and a rebuilt 440 out of a dodge truck, so she rumbles nicely (or will once I finish the exhaust this weekend)  :icon_smile_big:
Have learned a TON here and thank everyone for the input so far!   :2thumbs:

JB - I'll let you know when we're on the road next Summer and we'll find some roads to cruise.   Sublime will look great next to your Genreal!!  :coolgleamA: :cheers:
northwest CT

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'll leave Karma to do the job...

:cheers: i agree. the car came out great . good luck with her  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Nice day to read 204 pages  :chatting:

BK stands for Black Knight, I did learn that  :scratchchin: And learned about how not to "restore" a Charger, and how to fix a pile of mess  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on December 26, 2011, 01:21:10 PM
Nice day to read 204 pages  :chatting:

BK stands for Black Knight, I did learn that  :scratchchin: And learned about how not to "restore" a Charger, and how to fix a pile of mess  :2thumbs:

Me too... The hard way...  :brickwall:

Neal_J

Dodge Don

Quote from: projectanimal on November 18, 2011, 10:45:56 PM
472 R/T - the car has no fender tag or any build sheets, but the VIN states it was made in Michigan and was a slant 6.  I picked it up with a 383 block and a rebuilt 440 out of a dodge truck, so she rumbles nicely (or will once I finish the exhaust this weekend)  :icon_smile_big:
Have learned a TON here and thank everyone for the input so far!   :2thumbs:

JB - I'll let you know when we're on the road next Summer and we'll find some roads to cruise.   Sublime will look great next to your Genreal!!  :coolgleamA: :cheers:

You sure it is a 70 Charger? All 70 Chargers were built in the St. Louis assembly plant.

projectanimal

QuoteYou sure it is a 70 Charger? All 70 Chargers were built in the St. Louis assembly plant.

The Vin is -- XP29COC199645
Maybe I miss read the sheet, but I thought it said it was built in Michigan.  I don't have a build sheet.  But as far as I know it's a 70'.   :cheers:

northwest CT

moparstuart

Quote from: projectanimal on December 27, 2011, 08:45:46 PM
QuoteYou sure it is a 70 Charger? All 70 Chargers were built in the St. Louis assembly plant.

Maybe I miss read the sheet, but I thought it said it was built in Michigan.  I don't have a build sheet.  But as far as I know it's a 70'.   :cheers:

the C is really a  G stamping of those G's at the st louis plant are not alway crisp and do degrade .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dodge Don

Quote from: projectanimal on December 27, 2011, 08:45:46 PM

XP29COG199645

If that is the VIN that is a rare car. They only made 28 slant 6 70 Charger 500s.....and only 1 had the SE option.

472 R/T SE

Even w/o the broadcast sheet there's lots of ways to determine if it was an A47 (SE) car.

autodynamics

Hey 666
What's the latest on your ride?
This year where heading in your direction for some shows

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on December 28, 2011, 11:37:06 PM
Hey 666
What's the latest on your ride?
This year where heading in your direction for some shows

Excellent!! What's on your agenda?? My interior is out now.. A few changes are planned... Aside from that, I'm ready...

Thinking World Of Wheels again and anything else that's outside after April we will be at!!!!!!!!!!!!