News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle latest "Rare Finds"...why not me...?

Started by Dans 68, November 07, 2005, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

I received the Jan '06 issue today (no idea why so early...maybe they all take off for Christmas) and the Rare Finds page With Jerry Heasley shows a '68 RT 4-speed with Hemi found in a garage. What???!!! My most desirable car??? Some people have all the luck (and probably money, too). I've attached the page (no idea about the copyright issues) for those of you inclined to drool and read about it (but at a 200 KB size it is not (probably) readable. But wow.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

THE CHARGER PUNK

shit other people always find the good cars when can i find mine????-MATT

Charger_Fan

That's pretty cool. Does it say how much he nabbed it for?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dans 68

No, it does not. I think the previous owner knew what he had, so.... Either way, what a find! I've resized the photos (well, scanned "only" the print) and attached the article, this time readable.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

PocketThunder

Talk about a unicorn!!!!!!!!!!      :o Wholy Crap!!!! :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger_Fan

Wow...just WOW!

That would be so cool to stumble into that kind of deal! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RT/SE

Man that is a great find.........I dream of finding something like that.   

bull

I find stuff like that all the time, only it's a 318 car in worse condition for four times the money. :icon_smile_angry:

4402tuff4u

That is some rare animal! I'm glad someone saved it. I can picture a widow calling a salvage yard or a donation car place to get rid of the gem car like that and having the car destroyed because no one was knowledable enough to know or care what the car really is. Highly doubtful but possible.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

41husk

If everyone found a hemi car in a garage for sale, would it still be rare find?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69_500

There are still plenty of HEMI cars left out there sitting in barns waiting to be found. In the past 3-5 years I'd say  that I've run accross about 5-6 HEMI Charger's in peoples barns. Only problem is everytime I run accross them they aren't for sale. So those people still get a monthly phone call from me to shoot the breeze, talk about life, and of course before I hang up I always ask if they are finally ready to part with the car.

73dodge

DAMN!!!!!

And that car was in CLEVELAND

You know how many times I might have passed that car driving around the mistake on the lake!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Shakey

Quote from: 41husk on November 08, 2005, 08:07:54 AM

:iagree:

Just like when I found some parts on a '69 in CA this summer, the guy gives me the price and says "this stuff is hard to find" and I said, "I found it right here"!  We ended up making a fair deal!

4402tuff4u

Quote from: 69_500 on November 08, 2005, 08:48:54 AM
There are still plenty of HEMI cars left out there sitting in barns waiting to be found. In the past 3-5 years I'd say   that I've run accross about 5-6 HEMI Charger's in peoples barns. Only problem is everytime I run accross them they aren't for sale. So those people still get a monthly phone call from me to shoot the breeze, talk about life, and of course before I hang up I always ask if they are finally ready to part with the car.

Call them right after Christmas holiday - when the credit card bills start rolling in.  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

mustanghater

It was found in Cleveland. I wish I knew about it.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Shakey

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 41husk on November 08, 2005, 08:07:54 AM
If a man witnesses a tree falling in a forest...is he still wrong?

(ask your wife that during your next argument) ;D

6670charger

Yeah.  That never happens to me either.  Not that I'd have the money right now to do anything about it if it did happen.  Hopefully, soon, though.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Chad L. Magee

Hemi cars are not that hard to find, you just need to know where to look (ie. off the beaten path).  I probably know where around ten of them are at (one is a 69 Charger RT/SE and is on my future "to buy" list) but, out of respect for others privacy, I will keep the details to myself and those that currently own them.  It is rare to find them complete though.  I know of a junkyard that has crushed 3 of them since the 80s and there is a hidden trove of ten 426 hemi engines that were pulled out of cars that pass through the yard.  A few years ago, the yard owner wanted my hemi car and offered to let me pick a few cars (5) out of his yard as a trade (he has some nice projects out there like a 67 390 GTA Mustang fastback in black, 10 Mach 1s among the others), but I passed on the deal.  My HP2 was a junkyard survivior thanks to a previous owner who rescued it when he did.  Otherwise, it would have been recycled with the other cars around it when the land was cleared.  BTW-there was a 1968 Hemi RR that was found in a junkyard south of me earlier this year.  It all goes to show that you need to check the numbers when you go to the salvage yard.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

topduarte

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on November 09, 2005, 07:42:15 PM
Hemi cars are not that hard to find, you just need to know where to look (ie. off the beaten path).   I probably know where around ten of them are at (one is a 69 Charger RT/SE and is on my future "to buy" list) but, out of respect for others privacy, I will keep the details to myself and those that currently own them.   It is rare to find them complete though.   I know of a junkyard that has crushed 3 of them since the 80s and there is a hidden trove of ten 426 hemi engines that were pulled out of cars that pass through the yard.   A few years ago, the yard owner wanted my hemi car and offered to let me pick a few cars (5) out of his yard as a trade (he has some nice projects out there like a 67 390 GTA Mustang fastback in black, 10 Mach 1s among the others), but I passed on the deal.   My HP2 was a junkyard survivior thanks to a previous owner who rescued it when he did.   Otherwise, it would have been recycled with the other cars around it when the land was cleared.   BTW-there was a 1968 Hemi RR that was found in a junkyard south of me earlier this year.   It all goes to show that you need to check the numbers when you go to the salvage yard.....

That is so true on what you just stated!!  Just gotta talk to people and "listen".

I think you and I know of the same stash of those 10 hemi engines.  It is funny that I bet we are talking of the same stash!!

Do not worry, a little bird came down to me and told me of "this story of 10 hemi engines"!!  I will keep quiet!!! :icon_smile_wink:

ChargerHound69

Is that 68 charger the same one as on that Mountain Mopar site??   It looks the same.
www.mountainmopars.com
Look in the projects section on the second page.  Click on the car to see more pictures.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ChargerHound69 on November 09, 2005, 08:23:37 PM
Is that 68 charger the same one as on that Mountain Mopar site??  It looks the same.
www.mountainmopars.com
Look in the projects section on the second page.  Click on the car to see more pictures.
Yep, I'd say that's the same car. This back view confirmed it for me.

Here's a more direct link; http://www.mountainmopars.com/mm11_067.htm

Dans 68

Yep, that is the one. I compared the rust marks between the two photos, and it is a winner. It will be (is) a nice ride.

Dan

jaak

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 09, 2005, 10:45:00 PM
Quote from: ChargerHound69 on November 09, 2005, 08:23:37 PM
Is that 68 charger the same one as on that Mountain Mopar site?? It looks the same.
www.mountainmopars.com
Look in the projects section on the second page. Click on the car to see more pictures.
Yep, I'd say that's the same car. This back view confirmed it for me.

Here's a more direct link; http://www.mountainmopars.com/mm11_067.htm

Yep, also has the same green sticker on the right side of bumper

ChargerHound69

Well this guy is in California then.  What a trip this car has made.