News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for info on the 17 General Lee's bought from Warner Brothers

Started by MoparMotel, March 30, 2009, 10:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

It is kind of a dream to me to own one of the 17 General Lee's bought by Wayne from Warner Brothers.... Does anyone know who owns them or if any of them are for sale? Any help is appreciated!

1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

also i think he bought them in the late 80's early 90's from WB, But cant remember???
1968 Dodge Charger

Ghoste

GL#10

Hey

I believe there are  only one of the 17 for sale right now , it is in california , price is $150k  , WGL76 .

K.c

duo-stripe

is that the Jablonski-car, in the Volo-museum?
i believe GL # 13 was for sale a few weeks ago on the Bay
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

GL#10

Hey

No its not the  Jablonski-car , it is another one , i use to own it ,WGL76  ,  Volo never have had an original on display in there museum , they where caught out displaying a clone with fake paperwork By Wayne Wooten , any other General lee they have ever sold have all been clones !!!, that did not stop them claiming them to be the real deal .

SGL13 is not one of the "17 from the dodge charger registry "    , there are  22 T.v series to survive , only 17 have the paperwork from Wayne and the W.B  .

Either way expect to pay at least $150k  for one  with the W.b paperwork and contract , most of the guys who have the cars now don't intend to sell them .

K.c

General_01

Wasn't the one in the Volo museum the car that was used on Smallville, a WB tv show? It was a GL replica and they painted it blue for the show and then when it was done, WB made it a GL again. So, according to the owner, it was a WB built GL. :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

1970Moparmann

Scott Spirakas from the Chicagoland Mopar Club has one of these.  He may be able to help also......  Sorry, I don't have any contact information since the website is down. :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

Those Volo scammers are right up there with HLPAG and BK aren't they?

GL#10

Those Volo scammers are right up there with HLPAG and BK aren't they?

Yes they sure are  , there museum is full of clone hollywood cars and overpriced/underestored  POS .

K.c

MoparMotel

Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it!

I had a General Lee, but since it was an R/T SE I didn't want to weld the push bumper on and put the roll cage in it. About six months later removed all GL stuff, put a black R/T stripe on it and sold it to someone in Australia. Out of 4 Chargers i kept my first one, a black 68 and hopefully one day buy an original general lee. So there are 22 left, 17 of which have WB Paper work from when they were bought?
1968 Dodge Charger

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

mikepmcs

I wouldn't call him, I'd be contacting Wooten's clan to see if it's legit. :Twocents:

http://dohgltruth.com/seventeen%20general%20lees.htm

---------------------------------------------------------Mike DC style

Where are you Mike? Your thoughts on this?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparMotel

Also, one more question......Haven't been into this General Lee stuff in a few years......does Marvin Murphy still own lee 1?
1968 Dodge Charger

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 31, 2009, 05:37:53 PM
I wouldn't call him, I'd be contacting Wooten's clan to see if it's legit. :Twocents:

http://dohgltruth.com/seventeen%20general%20lees.htm

---------------------------------------------------------Mike DC style

Where are you Mike? Your thoughts on this?

There's some good info on that site.  :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoparMotel on March 31, 2009, 06:03:08 PM
Also, one more question......Haven't been into this General Lee stuff in a few years......does Marvin Murphy still own lee 1?

I thought Travis Bell still owns the car?

I tried contacting Wayne Wooten about registering my '69 with the registry but he never replied. :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

GL#10

Hey

Travis and Gary S haven't  owned the "71 car " for years  Marvin owns it ,  Travis oversaw its restoration , thats about it .

http://www.dukesonline.com/realgl.html

I can't believe that link is still out there , i sold WGL57  in 2001 to the Cars of the Stars Museum in the U.K ,  it is sitting right along aside the Mad Max Interceptor in the Museum .

Wayne's site  has no info on any of the other screen used cars to survive ,only the "17"  ,nothing even about the two  Uncle Jesse Trucks that are still around , and no information on the 2005-2007 movie GL's either .

K.c

Mike DC

Yeah, what KC said. 

At any given time you can usually find 1 or 2 of the 20-ish "real" GLs for sale.  It's less commonly one of the surviving 17 and more often one of the scattered few other odd ones.  Although it varies whether or not the seller is seriously trying to sell it soon, or they're just leaving the ad up with a huge Bill Gates price and don't have a big expectation of actually getting it.

police1

bull

MoparMotel

Anyone here from the forum own one of the 17? Also who bought police 1 and 2 from Cliff's yard where Lee 1 was?
1968 Dodge Charger

GL#10

Hey

I have owned 2 of the " 17 "  WGL57 a 68  , and WGL76  a 69  , i now own SGL13  , it along with lee-1 , and 2 other chargers have since surfaced  since the Dodge Charger Registry deal , i also own Movie GL # 10 a 1968 R/T  .

The "17" have a strict contract you must  sign when you buy one of them ,it has guidelines that must be followed ,or you risk having the car confiscated .

K.c

MoparMotel

You have to sign a contract saying you will not use it in shows or something?
1968 Dodge Charger

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE