News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Idol

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 02, 2009, 05:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

So any AI fans?  Megan was one of my favorites, but last night she acted like an idiot.  I'm thrilled she's gone and Simon gave it to her good.  She said she didn't care what Simon thought, and Simon had the chance to save her and he said they didn't care what she thought and would not only not save her, but told her don't even bother to sing.  I was attracted to her pretty face and cool voice but week after week she did poorly.  I think Adam is the one to win, that kid is so rocking cool.  He's just star quality 100%.  Thoughts? :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TeeWJay426

Don't rule out Danny, and Kris is coming on stronger every week. Either of them could win it as well. The guys are definitely stronger this year than the women.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Back N Black

My wife and I watch it every week, really good singers this year. I think the last three remaining will be Danny, Kris and Adam.

Chargerrtforme

I think it will be Allison, Danny and Adam in the end with Adam winning. I just don't care for Kris much.

moparstuart

i hate adam that flaming queer ,   I like danny , allison and lil rounds

but i know what happens every year , the one i hate winns ADAM will mostlikely winn but i love to hate him .  !!!!
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Foreman72

this nuts...a AI thread on a real mans charger site...whats the deal :smilielol:

o and go danny...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

400/6/PAC

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on April 02, 2009, 05:47:54 AM
So any AI fans?  Megan was one of my favorites, but last night she acted like an idiot.  I'm thrilled she's gone and Simon gave it to her good.  She said she didn't care what Simon thought, and Simon had the chance to save her and he said they didn't care what she thought and would not only not save her, but told her don't even bother to sing.  I was attracted to her pretty face and cool voice but week after week she did poorly.  I think Adam is the one to win, that kid is so rocking cool.  He's just star quality 100%.  Thoughts? :shruggy:
I couldn't agree more.
I liked Megan, Even voted for Her.
I'm glad Simon did what He did.

Daytona R/T SE

The Ol' lady watches that show.

She actually tapes it so she can call her mother and go back through it and discuss it while she's on the phone.

I hate that show and I always leave the room or go out to the garage while it's on, AND while the post show recap/question/answer session is going on over the phone.

She gets REALLY pissed when I call it the new "GONG SHOW"

I keep expecting to see the Unknown Comic and "Juicy" Jaye P. Morgan  :rofl:

69bronzeT5

I think Megan, Paula and that Lady Gaga chick took some hits before the show :apimp: :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BigRed66

I'm just gonna say it...

How much longer are we gonna be forced to endure Scott, the bizarro blind dude? He SUCKS...

...and, moparstuart, I'm with you...I hate that f*#king flamer, too...but, we're a nation of freaks...you know he'll win.  ::)
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

bill440rt

Quote from: Back N Black on April 02, 2009, 07:15:20 AM
My wife and I watch it every week, really good singers this year. I think the last three remaining will be Danny, Kris and Adam.

OK. I admit it, too.  :rotz:   Oh, the SHAME!!!!

Yep, go DANNY!!!  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

I picked last years winner David Cook from the top 36.....Danny is my pick this year from the top 36.
Goin' for two for two ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on April 04, 2009, 08:04:14 PM
I picked last years winner David Cook from the top 36.....Danny is my pick this year from the top 36.
Goin' for two for two ;)

I'm gonna really put my head in the sand, and admit I was rootin' for Archuletta.  :-\
Oh, the humility!! Find a happy place, find a happy place.....   :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

Quote from: BigRed66 on April 04, 2009, 07:32:29 PM
I'm just gonna say it...

How much longer are we gonna be forced to endure Scott, the bizarro blind dude? He SUCKS...

...and, moparstuart, I'm with you...I hate that f*#king flamer, too...but, we're a nation of freaks...you know he'll win.  ::)
yeah the blind dude is getting the simpathy vote he should have gone home 4 weeks ago 

go danny ,oh and for only 16 allison has a big bad ass voice ( even if she looked like the troll version of pebbles flintstone last week )

dodgecharger-fan

I don't watch the audition shows anymore - just stupidity over and over again and they tend not to show some of the really good performers' auditions. There are always some that get in to the next round that you say,"Who's that?"

I don't watch all of the performance shows either, but my wife will let me know the theme and if it's something I like, I might watch... or not.
Entertainment is entertainment - good singers are entertaining.

I absolutely, always, skip the results shows. No interest because there's no entertainment value for me. I don't have a favourite. There might be someone that I find more entertaining than others. In the end, they'll end up being a star whether they win the contest or not.

The show does a good job of finding talent (and non-talent), but winning isn't a guarantee. Look at Taylor Hicks. The runners up are doing better than he is. He's fine if you like his kind of stuff, but the others are having bigger careers.

Once things are in to the hands of the voting public, the balance between talent show and popularity contest shifts more toward popularity - how far? I don't know, but at this late stage in the game, I don't really care who wins. I enjoy the entertainment of the performances.... if and when they are entertaining to me. I've watched twice this year..

0X01B8

I watch this show but only because it's so terrible.  That Megan was my favorite because she sings in such a quirky, unusual sorta way, so I knew she wouldn't last long.  Her best song was during country music week, but she's sucked since then.  That Adam used to bug me tremendously, but he's the only real artist among them, in the sense that he'll take a song and do it in an original, artistic way, even though it might suck.  He's the only reason to watch the show now that Megan is gone.

That Anoop guy can't win for the simple reason that his name is Anoop.  I can't hear anybody say the name "Lil Rounds" because it makes me think of those Little Debbie snack cakes, Fudge Rounds, try some today - they're quite good.  It cracked me up that one night when Simon kept calling her "Little."  He tried to explain it to that daffy bitch Paula by saying that Lil was short for Little.  I agree with Simon, your name is Little, now get off my screen, please.

While some of the rest may be good singers and have legitimate talent, they're forgettable and boring, which is the worst offense anyone can commit who shows up on my TV.  That Scott guy has a solid future providing harmless, generic entertainment to dozens of weary businessmen in airport bars, as they sit there, bored and buzzed, waiting for their "dates" to show up.  Alternatively, Scott may have a solid future performing in a soul-less Christian rock band.  The judges are afraid to say anything bad about him - they all ran out of compliments weeks ago - so we're left to hear Paula tell him "I'm so proud of you."  Blind piano players are just like General Lees.  Seen one, seen 'em all.

:Twocents: :Twocents: :Twocents:

-john

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 0X01B8 on April 05, 2009, 11:47:30 AM
I can't hear anybody say the name "Lil Rounds" because it makes me think of those Little Debbie snack cakes

Everytime I hear her name, I think of those little round nacho chips :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

QUOTE   while some of the rest may be good singers and have legitimate talent, they're forgettable and boring,

are you sure your names not simon   :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Chryco Psycho

Wow you people must really not have a life , I have never watched or cared to watch garbage like this  :hah:

moparstuart

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 07, 2009, 12:21:55 PM
Wow you people must really not have a life , I have never watched or cared to watch garbage like this  :hah:
nice to know you are so superior to us that watch it and go like it  .  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Chargerrtforme

Why is that? Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are huge talent?  You may need this  life. :shruggy:

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

moparstuart

1969chargerrtse

Ummmm, Carrie Underwood just won the " Entertainer of the year " award. I don't think it's us out of touch?  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.