News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trans case ready for rebuild... UPDATE - Rebuilt and assembled

Started by bull, May 20, 2009, 11:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I decided to try something a little different with my 4 speed just to see how it would work out. Today I got all but my tail housing back from being powder coated clear. They just laid down the clear right after blasting it and it looks pretty good. Maybe a little shinier than I expected it to be but it should hold up pretty well and stay clean. The tail housing didn't take so they're going to redo it next Tuesday and then I can take it in to the tranny shop for reassembly.

Ghoste

It is a little glossy but it should stay pretty for a long time now.  :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 21, 2009, 02:06:18 AM
I used matte clear on mine    :2thumbs:

I should have done the same, although I wasn't asked or given a choice.

Got any pics of yours?

mopar73

the clear looks really good :2thumbs: I plan on doing the same

bull

Quote from: mopar73 on May 21, 2009, 01:54:48 PM

Do you like the gloss look? I'm starting to like it more. Cleanup would sure be a snap I bet.

mopar73

Quote from: bull on May 21, 2009, 05:10:13 PM
Quote from: mopar73 on May 21, 2009, 01:54:48 PM

Do you like the gloss look? I'm starting to like it more. Cleanup would sure be a snap I bet.
yes I do like it.  I'm going for the long lasting look with very little extra work to maintain it

Hemidog

dstryr

That does look nice. :cheers:  I broke a shift fork a few weeks ago so pulled the tranny to put in new bearings, synchros and seals.  I don't think I'll have time to do what you did but will at least powerwash the case, degrease it and hit it with some clear paint. 
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

bull

Quote from: dstryr on May 22, 2009, 11:25:37 AM
That does look nice. :cheers:  I broke a shift fork a few weeks ago so pulled the tranny to put in new bearings, synchros and seals.  I don't think I'll have time to do what you did but will at least powerwash the case, degrease it and hit it with some clear paint. 

You could still have it blasted and powdercoated if it's out of the car. Doing it while assembled would actually be better I think and it wouldn't take very long if you could find someone to blast and coat in the same day.

bull

Hmmm. Maybe not. Come to think of it you might not want that powder coat covering the seams.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: bull on May 21, 2009, 03:34:37 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 21, 2009, 02:06:18 AM
I used matte clear on mine    :2thumbs:

I should have done the same, although I wasn't asked or given a choice.

Got any pics of yours?

Hard to see but it is almost a semi-gloss look     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Finally got one thing accomplished this summer (actually two things now that my engine compartment is finished). It's good to have the trans done but I'm way behind on my goals this summer thanks to lots of foot dragging on the part of several "professionals" enlisted to help. Do I sound frustrated?

grdprx