News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Say Hello to Project "SurpriseBird" (FINISHED) ...Updates Pg. 7 on 12-2-11

Started by CornDogsCharger, June 03, 2009, 08:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on October 29, 2011, 03:49:10 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 07, 2011, 07:32:30 AM
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: love the green   :icon_smile_big:

no Stuart...I hate the Green....IM going to paint mine ANYTHING else.  :brickwall:
no your not your just going to give it to me   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcarenvy

Quote from: moparstuart on October 29, 2011, 02:33:03 PM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 28, 2011, 05:55:33 PM
You truly put a frown on my face when I saw the pics of it going green. Nothing against green but he just ruined the value of that car even though it has gotten a mega dollar resto and he probably will never recoup his investment. I happen to be partial to EV2 that why I frown mostly. Haha, but you have done a fine job on this one for sure. Time for an update!!
OMG chris did you just diss green and say you love RED !!!!   i will have to save this     :nana: :nana: :nana:
Yeah live it up Stuart!! You might as well change the wording around to have more fun! Actually I think FJ5 Birds are sick but I dont get the color change on a mega dollar resto.

moparstuart

lol  he already has an orange bird and its his money he can paint it the way he wants , plus he owns the body shop so if he wants to change the color again its easier then u or I .

plus its job security for justin    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

CornDogsCharger

Wow, it's been a while since I've updated this topic. I got so busy with everything else that I guess I just kind of forgot to finish. The car has been finished for a little over a year now. Since this one I have done an Eleanor Mustang, a '66 Coronet Conv with a 472 Hemi, a original owner '67 GTX, and now I'm up to my eye balls with a '69 GTX. I'll get more pictures posted soon. Thanks again for the compliments!!

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

The dash starts to go back in.  I added a Classic Auto Air kit and you can see the box in place of the original heater box.  I like this kit because it is clean in appearance and uses your original heater control switch panel.  

The rear end is back under the car and the vinyl top has been installed.  In some of the under hood pictures you will see a lot of yellow masking tap holding everything together.  With the addition on A/C, cooling fan w/ automatic switch, and Electronic Ignition, I had to run a lot of extra wires.  When it comes to something like this, I like to hide everything so the engine bay will look as factory as possible.  

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Here is where I like to hide the ECU box on the cars I do.  You have to cut and lengthen the harness but it sure looks a lot better here than mounted on the firewall.  It is in an unnoticeable spot that stays cool and is still easy to access if you need to swap it out.  I made a bracket that steps up so it will clear the insulation.  I mount it on two of the booster studs.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Pulled the car out in the sun light for the first time to see how it looked in the sun.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't take any pictures of the engine on the stand before it went on the K-frame.  Here's when the body was dropped on the assembly.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

After the engine/trans and K-frame were installed, I mounted a new set of Magnum 500 wheels and new BFG Radial TA's.  We opted for the earlier style wheels just because he liked the look of the chrome wheel w/o the trim ring.  15x8s on the rear w/ 275/60s and 15x7s up front with 255/60s I believe.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

When I first put the doors on the car, the paint wasn't quite as slick as the quarters... so we re-cleared them.  Also, I talked the owner into leaving the old National Hemi Owners Association decal on the windshield.

Justin
"CornDog"

The dash has come together and is pretty much finished here. 

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

CornDogsCharger

The doors go back on again.  And more engine shots.  I painted the A/C compressor satin black to give it more of a factory look and keep it from jumping out at you.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Took the car back over to the mechanical side for something... so I took some pictures of the rear end.  I have no idea what the markings meant, but they were on there when I cleaned it up... so I put them back just as they were.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Here's the original air cleaner.  You can see where the original decal was.

Here's is the "after" picture of the lid.

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

Nose is installed.  I do not look forward to bolting on another nose.  These things are a paint to build and the bolt on the car and try not the scratch anything.  You may notice the wheels have changed again.  We robbed the brand new wheels and tires to put on the owner's '70 Coronet RT for a show.  He liked them so much that he ordered another set.  I know.... must be nice. :)

Justin
"CornDog"

Now the R & L fender extensions are in place.  This thing is starting to look like a car again!!!  

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

CornDogsCharger

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 03, 2011, 07:48:51 PM
car looks great  :cheers:

Thanks!  This car was a bit of a challenge at times but it turned out nice in the end.  I still think i like the orange car better :)
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CornDogsCharger

Here's some pictures from the final assembly, application of the decals, and the addition of some other detail that were found along the way.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee

CornDogsCharger

I took this picture when I was making sure everything was working like it should, lights, A/C, heat, radio, etc.  I remember, I was so relieved when this day was over. 

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Super Bee