News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Road Rage! it can happen to anyone! (and it did to me!)

Started by Lightning, November 17, 2005, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

The suspense is killing us 'Lightning, what's the update on the situation?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Andrew

The gun doesnt have to be loaded to scare the shit out of him. :P

Chargerguy74

This I've seen done. Stuff the guy in a bag, throw him in the trunk, and drop him off deep into the country
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Blown70

Quote from: Chargerguy74 on November 18, 2005, 05:49:04 AM
This I've seen done. Stuff the guy in a bag, throw him in the trunk, and drop him off deep into the country

As long as I am not that guy :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: 

NYCMille

Becareful out there guys... just remember there is always someone out there who is bigger and crazier than the person you think you are...

At 6'4" 240lbs. I am not a small man and I was a bouncer at a pretty rough place for 4 years and got into some pretty good scuffles with big and small guys (and girls) and the one thing I learned is the best thing to do is DIFFUSE the situtation, do NOT ignite it... it could save you and your family a lot of future time, money and grief if something goes wrong, which is usually the case...

Just my .02

Khyron

Hmmm, don't have any stories like this yet, closest I have is a stereotype bar fight that ended up going into the parking lot, the dude punched my car, and well, let’s just say he got a surprise when I got out. I do carry an antitheft device. ;)

When people cut me off, or tailgate me. I find it easier to just blow it off. I'll swear in my car, but I rarely use my horn. It's funny, I’m from NY and I can't even remember the last time I flipped someone off from my car :shrug:

I guess I’ve just been lucky, besides, I’m old and no longer ready to have to throw down for no real reason anymore.

Now if they hit my Charger, I would be typing this from the local jail, because he would be dead.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: NYCMille on November 18, 2005, 09:41:30 AM
Becareful out there guys... just remember there is always someone out there who is bigger and crazier than the person you think you are...

At 6'4" 240lbs. I am not a small man and I was a bouncer at a pretty rough place for 4 years and got into some pretty good scuffles with big and small guys (and girls) and the one thing I learned is the best thing to do is DIFFUSE the situtation, do NOT ignite it... it could save you and your family a lot of future time, money and grief if something goes wrong, which is usually the case...

Just my .02

:iagree:

Bingo.

6'2" 300 and did the same thing for 5 years.

"Roadhouse", may be cheesy at times, but the ol' Jack Dalton nailed it with his three rules:

One: Never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected.
Two: Never start anything inside the bar/club unless it's absolutely necessary. Take it outside.
Three: Be nice.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

andy74

i agree, assholes are assholes,nothing you can do about it.i try not to lose my temper,and its hard sometimes as i have a fairly short fuse.
the last time some one pulled some shit like that on me,i got out of the car,at a red light with my cell phone in  hand,called 911 while i was walking away from my car-and sat on the curb.dirty bastards were trapped between my car and the one behind em! if id been in  the charger i would have been scared of it getting hurt,but otherwise i thought it was a good idea,and when the police came,the little faggots had warrants out,and got carted off to the pokie-great feeling!!

Wakko

We get road rage calls all the time..and it's rarely one sided.  I keep a can of pepper spray in my center console and am usually armed, but I don't return gestures of appreciation when someone doesn't like what I've done. 

In your case, the guy was guilty of burglary of an occupied conveyance with battery.  That's a felony and I hope your police department treated it as such.  Did they provide a case number for you? 

I had a guy once not like that I turned without stopping at a red light and got in front of him (not cut him off, he had four or five car lengths) and he pulled up and said he was a cop and if he was working I would get a ticket.  So I followed him and called the cops.  He tried to get away but a GN vs. a Camry....riiiiiight.  We got to his house and of course he lied about the incident...until the cop said "Well, guess what...that guy right there? He IS a cop!"   He was lucky he didn't go to jail. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Blown70

Quote from: Wakko on November 18, 2005, 12:30:07 PM
We get road rage calls all the time..and it's rarely one sided.   I keep a can of pepper spray in my center console and am usually armed, but I don't return gestures of appreciation when someone doesn't like what I've done.  

In your case, the guy was guilty of burglary of an occupied conveyance with battery.   That's a felony and I hope your police department treated it as such.   Did they provide a case number for you?  

I had a guy once not like that I turned without stopping at a red light and got in front of him (not cut him off, he had four or five car lengths) and he pulled up and said he was a cop and if he was working I would get a ticket.   So I followed him and called the cops.   He tried to get away but a GN vs. a Camry....riiiiiight.   We got to his house and of course he lied about the incident...until the cop said "Well, guess what...that guy right there? He IS a cop!"     He was lucky he didn't go to jail.  

He made a statement about being a cop.... Ahhh should of halled him to jail impersonating an officer? :shruggy:

Wakko

Oh, he was definitely guilty of it.  Since he didn't flash a badge, the state attorney probably wouldn't have picked it up and he wouldn't have been prosecuted anyway.  Also it was not my decision, but the decision of the officer that responded.  Had it been my jurisdiction, he'd have been taken to jail in a heartbeat AND had his car towed.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

andy74

should have kicked his ass ian,that would show em,dont mess with a gn

ChargerBill

I bounced for 3 1/2 years at 6'4" 275 in downtown Sacramento. We'd get guys trying to come in with knives, clubs, tazers...one guy even had a machetti under his coat. He was an Islander and thought it was no big deal...maroon. Anyway, it was a rowdy crowd...always a bunch of drunks and fighting going on. One good thing we had going for us was that the bar was in a basement, so no windows to bust out and the noise never hit street level. I probably bounced an average of 30 to 40 people a weekend and was personally involved in breaking up about 5 minor fights and 5 major fights every week. Breaking up a fight might sound like you are outside the fight, but as any bouncer knows, as soon as you jump in to break it up, YOU are at the center of the fight. For that reason alone, you have to go approach a fight as though you are going to end it NOW no matter what it takes. Hey, I was heavy handed and brutal at times when necessary, but the upside is that I personally rarely if ever got hurt and never bad enough to require stitches or a hospital visit. We had a dress code and since blood doesn't come out in the wash too easily I did go through a lot of white dress shirts. I DO agree that tact and being nice is first, and when bouncing drunks and non violent patrons I was very nice, but idiots and trouble makers probably thought twice about coming back and causing problems.
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lightning 06 on November 17, 2005, 02:07:34 PM

before I know it, he throws my door open and starts punching me in the face! He hit me 3 times and I blocked 2 others,  

maybe he read some of your posts.   ;D

no, seriously though..that sucks. At least you only got beat up - you never know when theyre gonna pull out a gun or something.

A while ago, I was driving my moms car, which has a pretty bad blindspot and inadvertenly cut off this lady in an 80's civic. I acknowledged my screw-up and i waved as in "my bad". But this broad chased me for about a mile honking her horn continuously and yelling obscenities at me. I'm a pretty calm guy (I'm the Iceman, dont forget), so I was just ignoring her and laughing it off. She then pulled up next to me at a red light and when I saw her - she must have been about 400+ pounds, ugly as hell and driving a POS car - I realized that she probably had a lot of reasons to be angry, so   I just hung my head down shook it.

Ive figured that the best way to deal with idiot drivers isnt to give them the finger or cuss them out. That will only piss them off and theyll still think theyre right. I just wag my finger at them and give em a "tsk tsk tsk" grinning look. That makes them feel like morons.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Johnny SixPack

I've found that a big smile and a thumbs up works great to.

Many people want you to react the same way they are treating you, and when you don't it sucks the wind right out of their sails.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

red72chrgr

Try dealing with road rage with 80,000 lb. vehicle. they slam on the brakes, you try to stop and 47,000 lbs. of Coca-Cola lays down in the trailer. Real nice when ya get to the receiver and he says, "Take it back". As far as weapons in a vehicle, I CANNOT have even a weapon in my personal vehicle let alone in my 18 wheeler. Don't drive a truck for living, 15 yrs out on the road and I sometimes wonder if there's a better way  :rotz:. Just my 2 cents.
Nothing personal, just business

RECHRGD

Quote from: red72chrgr on November 19, 2005, 08:52:04 PM
Try dealing with road rage with 80,000 lb. vehicle. they slam on the brakes, you try to stop and 47,000 lbs. of Coca-Cola lays down in the trailer. Real nice when ya get to the receiver and he says, "Take it back". As far as weapons in a vehicle, I CANNOT have even a weapon in my personal vehicle let alone in my 18 wheeler. Don't drive a truck for living, 15 yrs out on the road and I sometimes wonder if there's a better way :rotz:. Just my 2 cents.
Ever see the movie 'Duel'?
13.53 @ 105.32

dkn1997

Quote from: formula_440 on November 18, 2005, 05:58:21 PM
I've found that a big smile and a thumbs up works great to.

Many people want you to react the same way they are treating you, and when you don't it sucks the wind right out of their sails.

that's very funny, I do the exact same thing.  I had to get into the habit when I started driving a company truck with the name and phone number on it.  You will get reprimanded for giving the finger, but is someone going to really call your boss and complain that you smiled and gave them the thumbs up?

I also confess that I do the thumbs up out of selfishness:  because I know that it pisses people off more than giving them the finger, and I do enjoy that.

in special cases, a skillfully place handful of change does not hurt either. >:(
RECHRGED

Lightning

well....sorry for keeping y'all waiting and all. (with no i-net access at home it really sucks)

for the record, I was accelerating away from a stoplight (and '88 Civics with over 300k on the clock dont accelerate the fastest), the limit is 45 thru that zone, and that guy passed at least 2 cars that were behind me before he decided to cut me off. 

I mean, now, looking back on it, the best thing I could've done at the intersection was to probably hit him from behind with the door while he was trying to beat the crap outta me.  but he started to make a run for it once I actually got my seatbelt unbuckled, weird, eh?

anyhow, I'm gonna stop by the Volusia County Sherriff's office tomarrow to see if any progress has been made at all (i seriously doubt it, as the cops got to the scene about 45 minutes after it happened, and they didn't even bother to take pictures of my injuries.)
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

myk

Well they've got the plate numbers, right?  You were wounded in addition to that, so why aren't they treating this as any other assault and battery case?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lightning

update: I stopped in at the Volusia County Sherriff's office, and something stupid happened, the cops who came to the scene last sunday gave me the wrong case number!

the receptionist told me she would try to find it, and she would call me with it in the meantime, the officer who was there told me that since they were working on a few big cases at the moment, mine was about in the middle of the pile or so on the importance scale, so I guess they might get to finishing it around January or so...
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

69_500

History says your case won't ever make it to the top of the pile. A case of Road rage is hardly the top of most people's list in crimes, even if it happens every day in every city in america.

volk68

I always used to keep a hickory tire knocker in my car on any long trips.  It's a small batton sized piece of lathed hickory with a nice big bolt that runs down the full length of it.  Available for a nominal fee at any truck stop, it is a nice little deterrent.

Although I don't have any road rage stories, I did have an instance when a gun came in handy.  A friend and I had been working outside of a city a few hours from home and decided to drive into the city one night to get something to eat and he wanted to buy something for his girlfriend at the mall.  Everything goes great until we pull into this Wendy's parking lot so he can use the pay phone outside.  There is a large group of 20ish gang banger wannabe kids inside that look like they are being pretty obnoxious.  After my friend approached the phone, they filtered out of the resteraunt and started play fighting with one another.  They then officially turned their attention toward me, as I was still in the truck.  They were shouting and talking smack to me, to which I did not respond.  Three or four of them finally got the courage to approach the truck and did so.  Thankfully, my friend had a .22 pistol (not much, but it looked imposing) under the seat.  I calmly grabbed it in my hand at sat it on top of my lap.  The three guys got into my window, saw my hand on the gun, I smiled, and they just backed away.  I am glad we had that gun with us that night.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lightning 06 on November 21, 2005, 03:38:03 PM
update: I stopped in at the Volusia County Sherriff's office, and something stupid happened, the cops who came to the scene last sunday gave me the wrong case number!

the receptionist told me she would try to find it, and she would call me with it in the meantime, the officer who was there told me that since they were working on a few big cases at the moment, mine was about in the middle of the pile or so on the importance scale, so I guess they might get to finishing it around January or so...

if they cant get to it, at least get them to give you the guys information, then slap him with a lawsuit for assault, distress, etc. It aint about getting rich off the guy though - but itll make his life unpleasant for a few months.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West