News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Road Rage! it can happen to anyone! (and it did to me!)

Started by Lightning, November 17, 2005, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

Well, I most definitely hope this works out for you. Even though there was some road rage and if you he was the one who assaulted you as you indicate in your story I do hope you give this guy pay back for what he did. Keep us updated.

Lightning

update2: about an hour after I posted the last one the officer leading the investigations department called me on my way home!

he told me the reason why it didn't get anywhere so far is because it's just him working there all week last week, so the rest of his team has been on vacation (or something like that),  so he's gonna have the electronics guys run the info I gave them (the 3 letters of the plate, the make, model, color, and year) and he's gonna call me when they have something. (and they gave me the correct case number, as they are running it as an assult case)

I was actually surprised they called me!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Shakey

Quote from: andrew on November 18, 2005, 04:04:26 AM
The gun doesnt have to be loaded to scare the shit out of him. :P

I wouldn't suggest you point an unloaded gun at anyone - the other guy just might pull out one that is loaded!

69_500

Glad to hear that they are actually going to do something about it. I know a few of my buddies who had similar situations nothing ever came of theirs.

smasherofall

I almost got into it at a gas station a few weeks ago. They were the cheapest station around at the time and rumor was it was going up so it was packed. I got blocked in and couldn't move till the person in front of me got done pumping their gas, and some idiot drove around the wrong way and got stuck between me and the curb. He then proceded to start honking his horn at me!!  I gave him the smile and thumbs up and mouthed something about how stupid he was, he then yelled he was gonna kick my a$$. This is were I got out off my truck and started walking toward him, never saw a chivy truck jump a curb so high!! (I'm 6'-3" 275lbs and was a bouncer also)

69_500

smasherofall

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2005, 04:13:10 PM
Was this in the big ol city of Fortville?

no, even worse, 34th and Keystone, deep in the hood by where I work. I was on lunch break. :RantExplode:

Lightning

Update3:

the county cops called my dad on wednesday telling him they had a photo lineup for my mother and I to look at, I tried calling them back on wednesday, they were busy, tried friday, the desk crew had the day off.  So on monday I'm gonna call them and see if the guy is in any of their pics they have.  I'm amazed that they got one that fast, I guess my uncle working in the Corrections department kinda helped, lol.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

greenpigs

Well the in laws drive with road rage and I hate being in the car\truck when they are driving. Every little thing ticks them off and they ride bumpers and flip people off etc. Being a "big" guy will get ball bats and tire irons pulled out on you or worse. Those type of people like that and are ready with all the dirty tricks you know also most times. Kicking someones butt because they cut you off isn't justified if no one was hurt..fun sure, but I doubt the cops would agree.
  I just brush off the idiots because.. well they are idiots.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

andy74

good point green,thats why i am lucky-6 foot tall,160 lbs,to damn skinny!

BLACKWOLF

forget pepper spray, i have got a co2 fire extinguisher mounted between my seats. i got attacked outside of a video arcade in 1985. the guy reached in the window of my 74' SE and grabbed me by the throat. so, i reached down and got it and shot him in the face with it. nothing is as worse as frost bite on your face. a cop saw it happen and nothing ever came of it. I AM 6' AND 200 LBS. the last time i saw the guy, the cop had him slung over a car and cuffed.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

GTX

Quote from: Lightning 06 on November 21, 2005, 08:41:03 PM
I was actually surprised they called me!

I wouldn't count on SLPD to do shit here!

One time my gf was in the street and some guy coming down the street swerved at her to scare her and honked.
I yelled at him and he stopped, backed up and pointed a gun out the window at me. It was a small calibur (.22 likely) revolver and I could see it was loaded. This must have been why he was so tough swerving at people and honking.

I started trying to talk the guy into cooling off saying that shooting me in front of people would only really mess up his life and wasn't worth kiling a man in front of his family and going to prison for a honk and a word.
He started to calm down a little and put the gun under the seat but I still thought he was not stable and didn't dare walk away from him so I  wanted to try to get some info on the guy just in case so I  kept talking to him and I asked him if he had a permit to carry, he claimed he did and I asked to see it. The dumbass gave me his drivers license! 
I grabbed the license and took off thinking he was going to kill me now but he got out of his car and tried to grab the license away.
Well, this guy was only about 5'8 and 160 and I'm not real big at 5'11 and 180 but I got between him and his car so he couldn't get to the gun again.
My family called the Salt Lake police and told them the situation and that I was trying to keep this guy from his car and gun and they needed to come right away.

Well, those dumb asses finally roll one car, no lights or siren and he arrived about 20 minutes later just slowly driving up the street - we live 3 minutes from a substation.  Another car came about 5 minutes after the first to back him up but where where they to back me up from a guy pointing a gun at me?
I had to stand there and keep this guy away from me, the car and the loaded gun for 20 minutes while the cops ate donuts.
That whole thing could have turned bad really fast and I've never counted on the police ever since.