News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Road Rage! it can happen to anyone! (and it did to me!)

Started by Lightning, November 17, 2005, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

I hate moronic, egotistical, SUV drivers

A guy cuts me off using the turn lane to get infront of me, I hit the horn (which is working on my current car), he flips me off, I flip him off. He then starts swerving all over the road, trying to show me how big his muscle is, and then he flings a water bottle back at my car and misses (badly). After this he pulls off a couple times, then acts like he's going to turn off and gets behind my car at the next intersection
before I know it, he throws my door open and starts punching me in the face! He hit me 3 times and I blocked 2 others, then I finally get my seatbelt off as he's heading back towards his Highlander (which is full of his wife and 2 children), he curses at me, I return it, then he calls me a coward(essentially), when he's the one heading back towards the vehicle, running away! I got part of his tag number while mom was calling the cops from my passenger seat.

So the county cops are gonna look for his vehicle. I doubt they will have any luck though....
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

69_500

I had  that happen one time when I was stuck in traffic on the freeway. I was sitting there, and the cars in front of me moved up maybe 5-10 feet, and seeing that they weren't going to go any further, I stayed where I was. Might I first mention that we had been sitting in the same spots for about 25 minutes when this happened.
The guy in the car behind me starts blowing his horn, like go forward those extra 60 inches was going to make a difference when the next exit was 2 miles up the road. So I just ignored him until he got out of his car, proceeded to come up to my car and knock out my side window. If my wife hadn't been in the car with me I probalby would have beat the crap out of the guy. But I didn't have to, a passenger in one of the other cars must have called the cops, as they came driving on the shoulder of the road, and wound up taking the guy off.

I was riding with my cousin once.  There was a guy from New Jersey that had been following us off the interstate through town and out onto the state highway.  I guess we weren't going fast enough because he was tailgating and blowing his horn.  My cousin was driving and got enough of it and hit the brakes, hard.  We went about another mile and pulled off into an implement dealer lot.  The guy followed.  We both stopped and this guy gets out of the car like he's gonna give us the 'what for'.  That's when me and my cousin got out.  I'm not too imposing at 6'1" and 160 pounds but my cousin is 6'6" and 290 pounds.  The guy turned around, got back in his car and drove off.  I laughed so hard I almost cried.  I don't think he realized how close he got to an ass whoopin'.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

Telvis

Always keep a can of pepper spray and a Mag light metal flashlight within close reach in your car. You have a right to defend yourself. When that dude entered your car to take a swing it would have sucked for him to get a face full of pepper spray and a few gentle raps across the forehead. It would have incapacitated him long enough for the Police to get there and haul him off. Of course the best course of action might have been not to fly the bird. You never know what kind of idiot you are dealing with. I have seen people killed in similar situations.

RECHRGD

It has always amazed me how these jerks damn near cause a serious accident and when someone tells them what they think of their driving talents, they go ballistic.   I guess it's just that's just the way the human brain reacts.   If someone gets mad at you, simply get more mad at them even though your in the wrong.   I finally just matured enough to keep my mouth shut and my finger down.   It's safer that way.   You never know if these guys are armed or not.    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

6pkrunner

If you got his platres they can trace him and although I really hate to say it, sue his fargin' a$$ off. The best legal defense you have is to hit him in the pocketbook for assault. Why the therapist's bill for post traumatic stress sessions could run deep into 6 digits alone. ;D

I really hated to type that, but get the icehole bastage.

ramit

I think rechrgd said it best when he said you just have to be mature enough to keep your mouth shut and your finger down.   Know matter how bad somebody pisses you off keep that in your head.

GTX

Quote from: Lightning 06 on November 17, 2005, 02:07:34 PM

Just to make things clear.
I'm certainly a moron and I may be egotistical and I own an suv but I really don't drive it like that asswipe so not all of us are bad.

I have a Navigator and catch flack from my buddy who owns an Audi and thinks that all suv drivers are rude. Some suv drivers are very rude, tailgating etc but  I have WAY more problems with people in Honda's and the other little cars that zip in and out of traffic and cut me off all the time. I tell my buddy that just because his little car can zip in between my truck and the car in front does not mean that I can stop fast enough to let him in and not drive over his ass .

Take this afternoon for example. I was driving along the freeway ( 5 lanes) and had a wide load truck moving slowly to my right.
Some little shit in a ricer comes zipping across 3 lanes in front of me, no signal and not even looking, realizes that he is going to slam into the back of the truck and then zips back in front of me to the left almost catching my bumper. My grille costs more than his car!
Just try stopping 3 tons of vehicle at freeway speed in about 15 feet! I almost drove right over him and he looked over, smiled a sarcastic wise ass smile and zipped over again and got off the exit.

I drive my suv just like I drive my Benz, my T bird and my Mopars, like I want to keep my insurance rates down.

Road rage is a problem and we have some highway patrol troopers  in unmarked cars that look for aggressive drivers .
I used to get involved a little in getting angry driving but realized it does nothing and tomorrow people will still drive the same as today and yesterday. My finger won't change their habits but it might get me shot.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 253862656971 on November 17, 2005, 03:24:30 PM
I was riding with my cousin once.   There was a guy from New Jersey that had been following us off the interstate through town and out onto the state highway.   I guess we weren't going fast enough because he was tailgating and blowing his horn.   My cousin was driving and got enough of it and hit the brakes, hard.   We went about another mile and pulled off into an implement dealer lot.   The guy followed.   We both stopped and this guy gets out of the car like he's gonna give us the 'what for'.   That's when me and my cousin got out.   I'm not too imposing at 6'1" and 160 pounds but my cousin is 6'6" and 290 pounds.   The guy turned around, got back in his car and drove off.   I laughed so hard I almost cried.   I don't think he realized how close he got to an ass whoopin'.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

I'd loved to seen that!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Andrew

A guy cuts me off using the turn lane to get infront of me, I hit the horn (which is working on my current car), he flips me off, I flip him off. He then starts swerving all over the road, trying to show me how big his muscle is, and then he flings a water bottle back at my car and misses (badly). After this he pulls off a couple times, then acts like he's going to turn off and gets behind my car at the next intersection
before I know it, he throws my door open and starts punching me in the face! He hit me 3 times and I blocked 2 others, then I finally get my seatbelt off as he's heading back towards his Highlander (which is full of his wife and 2 children), he curses at me, I return it, then he calls me a coward(essentially), when he's the one heading back towards the vehicle, running away! I got part of his tag number while mom was calling the cops from my passenger seat.
So the county cops are gonna look for his vehicle. I doubt they will have any luck though....
Yesterday I was watching daytime tv yesterday, and they had a special on roadrage.
After a guy told a story similar to your one, a cop in the audiance stood up and said "If this happened to me, and it has in the past, You (the guy who assulted the other guy) would have been shot."
And that made me think, do these people think what if?
What if the guy has a gun?
What if he has a knife?
Do they think about these things?
They could end up dead on the pavement over saving 30 seconds getting to work.

Spartan

I had a ricer guy try to play some game with me last year.   My wife was 8 months pregnent and I was taking her to the doc because she had some complication.   Some guy in his rice rocket was in a huge hurry to get around me, gave me the horn. He was darting in and out of traffic and got trapped behind a SMART buss.   He wanted to get over and I wouldn't let him, I just kept going in my lane.   I turned and he followed (he was going to work and I was going the same direction).   Just before he got to his turn-off he tried to cut right in front to make me hit him.   He quickly got to the center lane to turn into his work (Art Van Furniture) and I crossed over and got behind him (I am in my Avalache so he is probably only seeing my grille).   He freaked and tried to loose me in a parking lot but I was on his butt (and my wife was on the phone with the cops).   He finally gave up and drove into his work lot that was gated figuring I might give up.   Well I got to the security gate and made the security guard pull him out of his car.   He mouthed off to me thru the guard shack and my wife was yelling at him "That if she had this baby now it was going to be his butt"   

ANyway, by this time, people we lining up behind us.   The guys boss came out to find out and the cops showed up.   He got hauled off to the cop car where I asked them to just scare the crap out of him.   The guy had a clean record so I figured a good scare would straighten him up. I could have pressed charges but figured the fact it went that far over his stupid stunt should get the point accross.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

ChargerBill

I was in the drive through at Jack in the Crack about a month ago. There's these 2 kids in a blinged out Honda fart pipe POS behind me BLARING their (c)rap music. The bass was so loud the lady couldn't hear my order, so I looked back and shouted "Could you turn it down?" The kid driving looks at me like I'm from another planet and just keeps bobbing his head to the really crappy beat. The song just happened to end right then and I blurted out my order as fast and clear as I could before the next song began. So for about 10 minutes (Jack in the Crack is really slow) I had to endure this annoying bass - you guys know what I mean, the bass beat without any rhyme or reason because you can't hear any high notes or vocals... So I get up to the window to pay and I swear he purposefully turned the volume UP. The lady is saying something and I can't hear her and she can't hear me. I'm so annoyed at this point that I turn and look back at him square in the eyes and shout "Turn that lame ass music down" at the absolute top of my lungs. I KNOW he heard me because everyone else in line behind us started cheering. So he pokes his head out the window and says "You got a problem pops?" OK, I'm not a violent man, but I could feel the veins surfacing in my forehead. I shouted "I know you heard me, I'm trying to pay for my order and I can't hear the lady at the counter because of your crappy music...TURN IT DOWN!" So he says, "My music is fine...deal with it" I replied,"Disrespectful punks like you don't last long..." He says"I'm still here, you gonna do something about it?" I said (I'm so freaking torqued at this kid AND I'm stuck in my car because my door won't open next to the pay booth)"You want try me? I'll be waiting for you when you pull out if you don't turn that crap down." So what does he do? He decides to to get out of his car, but just as he open the door a hair the guy behind him says"That's Bill Zan____, I'd stay in the car." and his GF sitting in the car next to him grabs him and pulls him back in, and the lady at the booth window says,"I wouldn't get out of the car if I were you" So the kid thinks better of his decision and gets back in and turns the music off and shuts up.

I can honestly say that this had to be one of the most frustrating and irritating experiences I have ever had dealing with idiot drivers. I was ashamed of my outburst afterwards, but what in the world could have happened differently? Sometimes you HAVE to stand your ground. Yea, I could have left the food at Jack in the Crack and drove off with my tail between my legs, but that just isn't my style. I wouldn't have hurt the kid... I've been in situations before dealing with stupid kid drivers or red neck yahoos (gotta be careful with THOSE guys - they are stupid AND violent) and most of the time when I get out of my truck they shut up real quick and drive off in a hurry. One time a couple of yahoos with baseball bats actually walked across a gas station parking lot toward me and two buddies. We were all over 6'4" 320lbs and when we got out of the truck they started walking backwards and swearing as they scampered back to their Smokey and the Bandit Firebird. They were stuck in a gas line and the guy driving decided to freak them out AFTER the baseball bat incident. He had a 77 Dodge Ram jacked about 8" with 40" Mudders on it. He backed up to their passenger door (while they were inside) and rested the rear tires up against the door and put it in park and GUNNED the 440. They screamed like little girls...
Life is a highway...

67RedCharger

Man, I hate doing this but it looks like I'm gonna have to get me a pistol for self defense.  Just last night a 22 year old man was killed by a stabbing incident from Road Rage in Walnut Cove, North Carolina.  The reason I don't have a hand gun is because I am a red head and have a short fuse temper, and I don't mess around with idiots wanting a piece of my attention, but I also still look both directions when I cross the street which tells me that I still wanna live.  I have three double barrell shotguns, and bolt action shotgun and two .22 caliber rifles along with something that will reach out and touch someone in a .243 Winchestor bolt action target rifle, but those long rifle guns ain't for fast draw in a road rage situation.

~ 67RedCharger ~
Original Owner "Ole Red" 1967 Red Dodge Charger

ChargerBill

Not to mention that I believe it is illegal to have a loaded gun in your car unless you are in law enforcement., and concealing a weapon in a car is illegal as well. I would think that pepper spray would be enough stop a knife assailant, but I could be wrong. I own guns, but I have a healthy respect for them as well...I would never even consider driving around with a loaded gun in my glove box (even if it were legal)...IMO there's just too much potential for something to go wrong.
Life is a highway...

TheGhost

Pepper spray would work fine.

Driving defensivly, and not getting pissed at all the idiots driving around works alot better, though.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

dkn1997

assholes are assholes, no matter what they drive.  That guy would have put his fist in your smush if he was driving a Yugo.  Also, check your mirrors, guy.  If you see him getting out behind you, either get out to meet him or drive away.  both choices are better than getting a knuckle sandwich while sitting there defenseless
RECHRGED

Lowprofile

Forget guns. Your car is a weapon. Run their ass over if they come after you. :icon_smile_shock:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

golden73

I always keep a small bat in my car under the passenger seat, just in case...

89MOPAR

If someone came out  and started punching me from a stop, I'd have thrown the rig I was driving in reverse, and rammed his car....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

golden73

Quote from: 89MOPAR on November 17, 2005, 08:41:02 PM
If someone came out   and started punching me from a stop, I'd have thrown the rig I was driving in reverse, and rammed his car....

What if you are driving a porsche, and he is driving a rusted out chevy pick up? Would you still ram him then?

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Lowprofile on November 17, 2005, 08:22:48 PM
Forget guns. Your car is a weapon. Run their ass over if they come after you. :icon_smile_shock:

Yeah, awful hard to hurt anyone with 2,000 lbs sitting on your chest. :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

a couple mos ago i was driving north on the 101 Freeway,..and this nimrod inna ricer cuts in between me and the car infront with about two feet to spare,..

so i have to get on the brakes and i honk,.. so then?..
he stands on his brakes...
I have to stand on mine too,..
so he speeds up and roots around in his car for loose change which he hurles out of the window, back at my car...

some people...   :-*

moparguy01

Its legal for some people to carry a loaded weapon on them or in their car, I'm one of them, I have a permit for it. Now many people dont have the permit, so i agree with using your car as a weapon.if someone punches through your window, grab their arm and floor it, and see what happens. it might be entertaining.

its hard to stay calm at times, but everyone has times where they have a problem. right after the first fast and the furious movie came out, there were quite a few people i know whose cars got ran off the road like they showed in the movie, boxing you in. they tried it on me too, but they should know better. 3 nice conditioned ricers, vs one beater hailed out 85 mercury grand marquis. The mercury won. haha

GTX

I have a permit but only carry while on long trips and hiking/camping and it's never, ever been pulled out.

Not worth the hassles involved if a gun comes into play. It should never go that far and if people start throwing high calibur lead around there is bound to be collateral damage. Who wants to be responsible for killing someones little kid with a stray shot or the one that went right through who you were aiming for?
I'd only use a gun if there were no cops around to do the job for me and in the city there is always a cop around, just use your cell phone and call one.
If it's gotten to that point most little shits are likely to just shoot you and run. You are still as dead and they are still as gone and they have no permit.
Seriously, how many would really shoot someone over a car or a finger gesture?
I've had guns pulled on me and it's not fun. I'll do most anything to just avoid getting to that point including just turning away and letting him and me cool off.
He may think I'm chicken shit but we are both alive and not in jail and our cars are not weapons. That's really chicken shit.
It takes more of a man to just turn away imho.

At the end of the day he is still going to drive like he does until he is either killed or grows up and nothing I do or say will teach him anything different. At least I'll be home safe in bed and away from people like him until tomorrow when it all begins again.

ChargerBill

Quote from: moparguy01 on November 17, 2005, 10:07:52 PM
if someone punches through your window, grab their arm and floor it, and see what happens. it might be entertaining.

Because there are nuts out there who might actually take this advice, let me warn against it. Even though you may feel justified, this is considered assault with a deadly weapon. You might explain that you were defending yourself, but if you drag that SOB 30 yards it is no longer considered self defense...you become the assailant. And when he hobbles into court with skin missing from multiple surfaces of his body and you are sitting ther unharmed, you will lose, and likely also go to jail. Is this justice, I don't think so, but it's reality. Criminals get all the breaks and an otherwise law obiding citizens (who may have had a momentary lapse of reason and done something really stupid) will end up in the clink. Trust me on this, At 21 years old I almost did...long story and I'm too tired to write it out right now, but it was a complicated mess and even though me and my girlfriend and best friend were assaulted and narrowly escaped harm at the hands of a mob of around 30 angry drunks, WE were the ones in the hotseat for this very reason.
Life is a highway...