News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FLG's 73 SE Restoration Thread UPDATED 8/12

Started by FLG, July 06, 2009, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Sorry didnt get pics yet!!!

Nice looking car, 72??

Just dont dig the mirror but thats my goal man!!! Just a tad different, but sure is nice seeing em  :2thumbs:

FLG

Heres an update.

Yes ill post pics of the floors ASAP!! But heres another part ive been working on.

These doors were purchased from a forum member (73ChargerSE) from AZ. I have one in polyester prime, the other i will epoxy and get my body work done soon.

Goal is to get them as straight as i can, so i first welded the molding holes as i dont have moldings and dont want them. Secondly i epoxy primed (SPI's stuff, worked great), i then put some slicksand on it. Stuff smells like bondo! Works great, took a bit of time to find the right gun setting (using Sharpe primer gun 2.3mm tip), finally got it right.

Some of the pics are crappy (taken with phone) will upload better pics this week!

FLG

Last 2 for now.

Thats the nice donor car they came from  ;D

Next step will be high build primer and then block guide coat.

jb666

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

resq302

Frank, if you want a dead on repro VIN door sticker, call Dave Walden at ECS auto.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

charger_cody

jb666

:popcrn:

Come on, Frank!! Get with the program... Can't say you don't have a kickazz camera to take pictures  :icon_smile_big:

73ChargerSE

Yikes, realized I parted out a 400 4bbl car!  Doors look good man, I'm glad you were happy with them.  Hopefully we'll see some updates soon!

Paul

Wicked72

I love the build! :popcrn: could your shop guy make and send out a complete set of those subframe connectors? If so let me know!!! :2thumbs:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

FLG

Hmm, ill ask jeff to get in touch with him. Im doubting it though.

JEFF!! You see the mans question... :D Possible?

OK

IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY PICS

But the car is still in the current shape it was when i got it back. I now have a new quarter panel for it sitting in the basement.

I also have a 440 at the engine builder. Shes getting all done up and will be stroked to a 493!! (Big shout out to Ron for the help with this build, i owe him many many beers)

resq302

What?  No props to the guy who put you onto the engine builder?   :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

FLG

Hey,

The guys been building engines for my family for years Brian.

LOL

Theres alot more names to be mentioned but yes thanks to Brian i got a great guy to build my motor. And after discussion with him it turned out he has been bulding engines for one of my cousins for years....small world aint it??

Dont worry bud,

When the cars done i plan on having a bunch of you guys sign the inside of my deck lid  :2thumbs:

I just seem to ask Ron a bazillion questions.

resq302

Quote from: FLG on March 28, 2010, 04:15:43 PM
Hey,

The guys been building engines for my family for years Brian.

LOL

Theres alot more names to be mentioned but yes thanks to Brian i got a great guy to build my motor. And after discussion with him it turned out he has been bulding engines for one of my cousins for years....small world aint it??

Dont worry bud,

When the cars done i plan on having a bunch of you guys sign the inside of my deck lid  :2thumbs:  What? We're not good enough for the inside or the outside of the car?  We get stuck in the trunck?  :smilielol:

I just seem to ask Ron a bazillion questions.   Don't we all?
Brian

FLG

Well as much as i love you guys id rather not have a ton of signatures on the outside of my car. So yes, you get stuck in the trunk. Actually i wouldnt mind a couple of names on the front of the glove box door.

I ask the man more questions than i have beers to reimburse him  :rofl: :rofl:

FLG

OK OK i know i need to upload pics of the floors!!

But heres what the new block looks like...machine work is done  :2thumbs:

Just need to get the parts now  :brickwall:

resq302

Hey Frank, thats puuurdy!  Did Nick boil the engine too cause that thing is clean as a whistle it seems!
Brian

FLG

Yes he sure did Brian.

Boiled, decked, installed cam bearings, freeze plugs, bored (.030), also sleeved 1 cylinder (had some pitting), and honed it, and align bored.

:2thumbs:

FLG

Well Guys,

Got A LOT of parts since the last update...heres a few pics

Theres much more, ill update soon!

As you can see, the roof isnt nearly as bad as i though

twodko

Frank, your car is gonna be a knockout!!! Double or triple black mopars are the bomb man! Great work.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

Dang. Frank your tearing into that . :2thumbs:   It's looking good.

resq302

Frank, put a top on that thing!  Looks like you have a ton of work to do.  Should look purdy when its done!
Brian

AirborneSilva

Nice build, I just picked up a 73 SE so thanks for sharing the pics and keep em coming  :2thumbs:

FLG