News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My restoration project (stolen for 22 years)

Started by no40jm, July 21, 2009, 07:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Great story. Send it in to a mopar magazine with some before/after pics and I bet you'll get a writeup.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

b5blue

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

no40jm

Don't know if the guy ever get his money back, but I'm thinking he took the engine and transmission from the car before returning it to us.
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF

no40jm

Updated pictures on all 4's.

no40jm

more pictures

b5blue

Hey I had an Opel GT too! (fun little cars)  :yesnod: The Charger is coming along good!

Skinypete

Wow thats an amazing story with an even better ending! Keep up the great work!
DJMIII

dpm68

Wonderful story! Keep up the good work.
Quotepopcrn very well done! BRAVO!  patriot looks to me like your winning your bet.
I think i feel a tear.
Are you wellin' up Brock? What's been happenin? How's San Fran?

bearbqd

73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

no40jm

bearbqd

DOH!! But I replied first....on Aug 3rd.   :rotz:
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

no40jm

no40jm

A cool thing happen a couple of days ago, I was going thru some of my charger papers that my grandpa had in a envelope and found a round Chrysler key at the bottom of the envelope. Searching on DC.com I found out that it was a trunk key. So I went out to the garage and checked to see if the key would turn the trunk cylinder I had for the car. It didn't, so I tried the glove box cylinder and to my surprise it turn the cylinder WOW!!!!!!  :o At that moment I had goose bumps all the way up the back of my neck. I'm thinking the thieves that stole the car must have installed a new truck lock but never installed a new glove box lock. It's been over 30 years from the last time the glove box was locked.

tan top

Quote from: no40jm on August 18, 2009, 06:27:14 AM
A cool thing happen a couple of days ago, I was going thru some of my charger papers that my grandpa had in a envelope and found a round Chrysler key at the bottom of the envelope. Searching on DC.com I found out that it was a trunk key. So I went out to the garage and checked to see if the key would turn the trunk cylinder I had for the car. It didn't, so I tried the glove box cylinder and to my surprise it turn the cylinder WOW!!!!!!  :o At that moment I had goose bumps all the way up the back of my neck. I'm thinking the thieves that stole the car must have installed a new truck lock but never installed a new glove box lock. It's been over 30 years from the last time the glove box was locked.

thats awesome stuff :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

b5blue

There Ya Go! Cool Find....funny how Charger guys like Opel GT's also, fun but too small. I dumped a # match big block (400) van I was fixing up when I got my Charger.  :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

bearbqd

I like ALL muscle, classic, and interesting cars. Just so happens that my favorites are Mopars. I love the small cars like Opels because I love seeing them in practically cartoon fashion when they are tubbed, a small block blown V8 thrown in with the scoop higher than the roof. They look outrageous like that and I would love to have something like that. I'd like to do it to a Nash Metro, an Opel GT, and old Volvo coupe, a Henry J, or even a Vespa or a Karmann Ghia. I have a picture at work of a radical blown, tubbed Vespa, black with flames. It's crazy looking. Just all around car crazy I am.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

no40jm

Well its been four months from my last post!!!!!!!! Here's some updated pictures of the car.

no40jm

pictures

no40jm

Good thing for me, some time in the car's life some one put a 1970 B-body Dana 60 under it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no40jm

Only things left to do on the car before PPG K93 primer sealer is: the hood, deck lid and rear valance. All the rest of the panels have been sanded to 400 grit. I plan on primer sealing the car at home and sanding the sealer to 600 grit. Then I will take the car to the paint booth.  I'm going on 27 months of just body work.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jaak

Quote from: no40jm on December 21, 2009, 12:53:04 PM
Only things left to do on the car before PPG K93 primer sealer is: the hood, deck lid and rear valance. All the rest of the panels have been sanded to 400 grit. I plan on primer sealing the car at home and sanding the sealer to 600 grit. Then I will take the car to the paint booth.  I'm going on 27 months of just body work.

Everything is looking great! Keep us updated!  :cheers:

Jason

PocketThunder

Quote from: no40jm on December 21, 2009, 12:53:04 PM

Talk about a labor of love!   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."