News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

Quote from: genlee1970 on December 03, 2005, 08:49:27 AM
Pic 1: My car in the Flowmaster booth this year at the Nats.

Pic 2: My car on the way home from the Nats :(
           Posted speed: 55mph
           Actual speed:   77mph
           Ticket cost:      $157.00
             Having a copy of the ticket and this accompanying photo to put on the wall of my new garage:
              PRICELESS     

He did'nt give you a break in that beautiful Charger????? That sucks!!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

genlee1970

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on December 03, 2005, 06:03:19 PM

Having a copy of the ticket and this accompanying photo to put on the wall of my new garage:
              PRICELESS     

He did'nt give you a break in that beautiful Charger????? That sucks!!

No, no break. I think he enjoyed it. He said he couldn't believe it when he saw me coming around the bend. We joked around; he thanked me for not trying to make a run for it. I told him I figured I couldn't escape because there were no ramps in sight to jump from. I asked if they planned on putting any in for next year. "Nah, too much paper work." he said. I bet he had the cop cam going in his car because on the ticket he wrote General Lee where the vehicle model was supposed to be, and again under special comments. When he saw my friend take the picture he commented that it would be circulating around at parties. I bet his copy of the ticket and the cop cam footage made the rounds at parties and around the station. Btw, thanks for the compliment.  

HAZZARDJOHN

genlee1970 Is this your car?

Either way I just want to tell you the body painted bumper looks awesome on that car. I have a '70 that I will turn into a GL when it is done. I have spent a small fortune trying to buy the parts to convert the front end into a '69. If I would have seen this first, I probably would have gone the same route you did. Good job.

Have a great day!
HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

chargervert

Hey 70 GenLee,I told ya that was one of those Kodak moments!!!!!When ya gonna post the one with the fresh feelin!!!!!

The Ghoul

here is mine as it sits now

It looked like this when i bought it

and here is the girls car... er ... shell that i picked up for here to make a 69 clone out of.

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

The Ghoul

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on December 04, 2005, 03:29:45 PM
here is mine
good chrome, windows look good, and it seems like every thing is there. Whats your plans for it?

BLACKWOLF

complete rebuild. all black outside w/ black stock car wheels. limo tinted windows, all blacked out. the only thing that you will be able to see at night is the lights. aka: the "BLACKWOLF". I am going to have actuator ativated drop down license plates. for those high speed runs down the interstate late at night. :icon_smile_cool: the entire frt is stripped. the rear qtrs. are cut off of it. i am going to replace the fenders, hood, and frt. bumper and the rear bumper with fiberglass pieces from www.up22.com . i am going to get qtr. clips from www.dvap.com $850.00 a side. floors and frame rails are solid. i found it sitting in a salvage yard in smithville, mo. back in june 05. the license plates that were on it expired in june 86 .i sold my white over red 74' se in may of 86. uncanny wouldn't you say. i guess i was destined to have it!
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

genlee1970

Hey HazzardJohn, yeah that's my car at Dukesfest. Nice pics btw, I saved them. The painted front bumper wasn't my idea. When I was contemplating a General Lee, my freind Pete, aka "Chargervert", suggested I paint the front bumper rather than spend a small fortune re-skinning the front end. He has a 69 front clip I may still buy from him for future use though, but for now the painted bumper seems to do the trick. I don't think I would have done a 70 as a General with a chrome bumper; I don't really care for the look. I think I converted another 70 Charger guy to the painted bumper idea that weekend. Are you going to Dukesfest next year? Supposed to be in Nashville.

genlee1970

Quote from: dads_69 on December 04, 2005, 06:26:13 AM

PRICELESS     
Nice car, been there done that also. Got my ticket in the garage as well hanging up with photos. 144 mph in a 55 back in 1992 in Washington. Lost the car for 120 days, impounded. Jail/bail was $350. make a long story short, all in all it cost me $3300.00 Spent 6 hours in jail, cop was cool, but not alone! Yeah, good times! Not.......
Mark
OUCH!!!! Man that sucks. You've got me beat. Hopefully that 144mph was in a Charger. How'd she feel at that speed. Were any parts missing when you got it out of impound?

genlee1970

Quote from: chargervert on December 04, 2005, 11:10:52 AM
Hey 70 GenLee,I told ya that was one of those Kodak moments!!!!!When ya gonna post the one with the fresh feelin!!!!!

Hey Chargervert, one "Feelin' Fresh" photo coming up (read the sign below the gas prices) as well as one of your Charger convertible at Carlisle.
Btw folks, Chargervert is the one who risked a shot from Roscoe's Tazer to get me the pic of the traffic stop on the way home from the Nats. I owe you a beer buddy.

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69charger2002

chargervert

If anything Al, I owe you the beer,for taking me along to the Mopar Nats in the General! It was a blast,and the General performed flawlessly! As usual! Thanks for posting the Vert! That was back when she had the Dragstar wheels,and the Mickey Thompson N-50-15s! :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: genlee1970 on December 04, 2005, 09:40:43 PM
Are you going to Dukesfest next year? Supposed to be in Nashville.

Got my reservations set I will be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday night! ;D Unfortunately I will be going modern, :'( as my Charger is torn apart and sitting in my folks barn up north. I will post some pics as soon as I can scan them. I haven't taken pics of it since the day I bought it and I didn't have a digital camera yet. I will probably be taking the wife's Expedition, Maybe if I sweet talk her she'll let me paint it orange! ;D I won't hold my breath! ::)
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

NC70/RT

genlee1970

Quote from: HAZZARDJOHN on December 05, 2005, 10:41:25 AM
Quote from: genlee1970 on December 04, 2005, 09:40:43 PM
Are you going to Dukesfest next year? Supposed to be in Nashville.

Got my reservations set I will be there from Friday afternoon to Sunday night! ;D Unfortunately I will be going modern, :'( as my Charger is torn apart and sitting in my folks barn up north. I will post some pics as soon as I can scan them. I haven't taken pics of it since the day I bought it and I didn't have a digital camera yet. I will probably be taking the wife's Expedition, Maybe if I sweet talk her she'll let me paint it orange! ;D I won't hold my breath! ::)

Too bad about your car man. It does take time to do them right though. Definately post the pics, I'd like to see them. Hey, they have a track at the new site for Dukesfest right? That was so cool last year to blast around a NASCAR track in the General.     Al

70 Battle Horse

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

genlee1970

Hey 70 Battle Horse. Nice pics, thanks. That was on that mini "Power Tour" we did. Saw the blown up version of that first pic on the wall at G-Series' garage. Sweet. Wish it was as hot out today as it was that day, huh?  Al

71bee

nice pics guys. does anyone know of a third generation General Lee?

chargervert

Theres a guy who brings his 72 SE Charger to Chryslers at Carlsile every year!

RTPTRON

72chargerSE

Hope this worked, I'm new at this stuff!!

This is my 1972 Charger SE 400 Magnum 4-speed. It is one of 126 with the 400/4 speed combo. It has the brougham package, air, 3.23 sure-grip, power brakes, power steering, tinted windows, light package, 3 speed wipers, rear defrost, am/fm stereo, tuff wheel, front/rear sway bars, etc..... It also is a bench seat car.

I spent 5 years restoring this car, it came from Los Lunas , NM. My father had a 72 with the same color combo new , it was the first car I remember him buying (I was 6 at the time).

What's really neat is the build date 4-12-72. My youngest daughter was born 4-12-00. I will never part with this car, it is my dream car.

Thanks,
Mike

TruckDriver

That's a NICE S.E.! Good engine bay pic too! I need a few of those just for referance, so I'm happy you added one :yesnod:  :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P