News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GM Laying off 30,000 Employees

Started by Lowprofile, November 22, 2005, 02:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Some have kinda said it, I think the bitterness towards unions stems from people making $20+ hr for doing work others fell should pay less.The reason those people are ticked is they make less or ALOT less for what they think is similar work, it's that thing called jealousy.

This is just a guess & we all need to eat, so I don't slight ANYONE for making the most they can at work.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

TK73

Certainly glad I'm Union AND a State worker.  All those tax-paying DC.com members in Washington State will be happy to know that I spend 90% of my time at the office with my thumb in my ass, unlubed. That job is a real pain in the butt...

What was the topic again??
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

greenpigs

GM Laying off 30,000 Employees :icon_smile_wink:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

TK73

Quote from: greenpigs on November 27, 2005, 08:01:24 PM

GM Laying off 30,000 Employees :icon_smile_wink:

OH.  Don't know anything about that, sorry...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

derailed

Quote from: Spartan on November 27, 2005, 05:40:26 PM
those car companies are putting food on my table but the big three has to get their efficiencies in line with the foreign car makers otherwise more US $$ will keep going overseas.......  
except for the money thats going into the pockets of the american auto workers that work on the toyota assembly line here in the US. The same guys that once worked at the GM plants that moved to Mexico for cheap labor. lets face it, if Jap car companies want to keep building assembly plants here in the US ill support them because God knows we need more blue collar jobs here

greenpigs

I worked at a drop forge shop and so much of the auto parts were sent to mexico for machining and assembly,then shipped back to Delphi. Oh BTW that Delphi plant is less than 20 miles from my old job.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free