News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well... Their plan worked! Sorry Ba$turds

Started by Chargen69, November 23, 2005, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: MOPARStar on November 24, 2005, 01:42:21 AM
Today? The 23rd?? South GA a $1.91?? WHO! WHAT?   :o Where in South GA are you guys??? Here in the Savanah area its still over THREE FRIGGEN DOLLARS!   :'(

Valdosta.....only three hours away.

Over 3 bucks still? Thats ridiculous! Call them in for gouging!

BBD

Shakey

Quote from: bull on November 24, 2005, 10:20:04 AM
Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2005, 10:06:09 PM
What plan???

Troy

Take it easy, man. You're just itchin' to pounce on anyone who has something bad to say about those fine, upstanding gentlemen at Exxon aren't ya? ;)

Who's itchin' to pounce?

I guess the three question marks insinuates you are sitting on the edge of your chair waiting for the next victim to chime in!   :icon_smile_big:

Actually, there is a fellow I work with who uses more than one question mark in his e-mails.  I am waiting to pounce on him (not literally of course) as he is asking for it with the tone of his e-mails and the number of people he cc's when things don't go his way.

Troy

Normally if you put three question marks it makes a smiley - I forgot the space: ???

Does that help?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on November 24, 2005, 11:43:30 AM
Normally if you put three question marks it makes a smiley - I forgot the space: ???

Does that help?

Troy

You talkin' to me???

RECHRGD

All the negative press is forcing the oil giants to slowly drop the gas prices.  We continue to get raped for diesel and I've never heard heard any reasonable explanation for it.  Historically, diesel was always about 15% to 20% less than regular gas.  They have slowly been bumping it up over the last few years and it is now around 15% more than premium gas in my area.  I don't care how many more diesel pick-ups or SUV's are on the road than in the past.  Diesel's refining process is nowhere near as costly as the refining of gasoline and there has always been a high demand for it.   :flame:
13.53 @ 105.32

Troy

Quote from: Shakey on November 24, 2005, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: Troy on November 24, 2005, 11:43:30 AM

Does that help?

Troy

You talkin' to me???
I would have quoted you if I was. :D I was just offering an explanation of why I put 3 question marks in since it seems to be a topic of conversation.

That and going through this entire rediculous conversation again (gas prices) is seemingly a waste of time so I need something else to pad my post count. :P

Troy

andy74

gas is still 2.40 here,and i had to pay 2.99 for kerosene last night,just to heat the garage!greed knows no bounds :flame:

Doc74

Quote from: CB on November 24, 2005, 11:00:06 AM
$6.02 a gallon overhere :o

Nah only $5.81  :icon_smile_big:
And that's for 98 oct., 95 is a bit cheaper or rather less expensive, it's how you look at it.
Quote from: RD on November 24, 2005, 11:03:00 AM

CB, ya need to move to America!! :D j/k

:iagree:

Just what I'm gonna do, not for the gasprices tho'  :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Well, after finding the explanation for the thread title ;)...I agree, it's ptitful that I'm actually happy to see the price at $1.95 at my local guzzling hole. ::)

The funny thing is that when gas hit the $2.25 mark, I started filling a couple 5 gallon cans each time I filled my daily driver. Gas continued to go higher, so I put some stabilizer in my Charger's fuel tank & poured the gas in there...so now I've got a Charger in my garage that hasn't moved in 13 years, with a full tank of gas! :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MOPARStar

OH! OH! OH!   :icon_smile_shock:   Its down to $2.41!!!   :eyes:   :icon_smile_big:
Markus James
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1986 Dodge D150 Pick Up 318
1972 Volkswagen Beetle
1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle
1966 Mustang Coupe 289

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Doc74 on November 24, 2005, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: CB on November 24, 2005, 11:00:06 AM
$6.02 a gallon overhere :o

Nah only $5.81   :icon_smile_big:
And that's for 98 oct., 95 is a bit cheaper or rather less expensive, it's how you look at it.
Quote from: RD on November 24, 2005, 11:03:00 AM

CB, ya need to move to America!! :D j/k

:iagree:

Just what I'm gonna do, not for the gasprices tho'   :icon_smile_big:

Why is it that you guys on the other side of the pond have higher octane ratings on average? ???

I know you're paying double, or more, per gallon than us over on the left side, but man... I'd pay $5.81 for 98 rather than $3.30 for 91-93 as our top option at the pump. ::)

Well, at least for the Chargers. :D

I did happen to find a Sunoco station that sells 103 for $5.75, but that was pre-summer/hurricane prices, but it took forever.

They also 107 available, but it was for over $7.00.

I've never understood the reasons for our diminished octane ratings here. :shruggy:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

TeeWJay426

1.98 is the cheapest in southern NH I've found so far. Trend is definitely downward!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Chargen69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 24, 2005, 01:23:54 PM
Well, after finding the explanation for the thread title ;)...I agree, it's ptitful that I'm actually happy to see the price at $1.95 at my local guzzling hole. ::)

That was all I meant by it.

Doc74

Quote from: formula_440 on November 24, 2005, 02:20:00 PM

Why is it that you guys on the other side of the pond have higher octane ratings on average? ???

I know you're paying double, or more, per gallon than us over on the left side, but man... I'd pay $5.81 for 98 rather than $3.30 for 91-93 as our top option at the pump. ::)

Well, at least for the Chargers. :D

I did happen to find a Sunoco station that sells 103 for $5.75, but that was pre-summer/hurricane prices, but it took forever.

They also 107 available, but it was for over $7.00.

I've never understood the reasons for our diminished octane ratings here. :shruggy:

I wish I could tell you Johnny but I honestly don't know.I'm sure it can't be the only difference, there must be something else.
My 68 always pinged (quite bad sometimes) if I gave it anything under 98, 95 would do, but not for long.
Once I installed an LPG system because that fuel is even cheaper than what you guys USED to pay and it meant I had to have the valve seats hardened.Supposedly because it misses many of the goodies high(er) octane fuel has.
Once I did that I occasionally switched back from LPG to regular and with the hardened seats she'd take anything, lowest availabe was 93 mind you.
So how come chargers over there run fine on below 90 octane? Mine would have died quite rapidly and I imported it from sunny CA !
Sadly I'm not interested in the concept and chemistry of fuels right now so hopefully someone else has the answer  :icon_smile_big:

Troy

What method are they using to calculate octane? I know all of our pumps here say something like R/M+2 or something.

Troy

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Silver R/T

Quote from: Troy on November 24, 2005, 10:50:49 AM
Quote from: bull on November 24, 2005, 10:20:04 AM
Quote from: Troy on November 23, 2005, 10:06:09 PM
What plan???

Troy

Take it easy, man. You're just itchin' to pounce on anyone who has something bad to say about those fine, upstanding gentlemen at Exxon aren't ya? ;)
All I did was ask a question. I thought maybe the "plan" was some universal thing that I was unaware of. I mean, I don't have a copy of it on my desk or anything and I felt left out... :D

Troy

Ya, I would like to hear about so called "plan" too
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

2fast4u

DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

4cruzin

Well I see the sh!tty gas has come down to almost 2 bucks but the 110 I use at the station down the street is still $4.99 a gallon!     :flame:  
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69bananabeast

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Lowprofile

I paid $2.43 a gal for Diesel yesterday in Perrysburg, OH,  Just south of Toledo.   Better than $3 dollars a gal out on the west coast!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

CaptMarvel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$2.25 for 87 here.   Hey... it's back to what we were bitchin and moanin about before Katrina!!!    Sorry... I got no love for oil companies and I don't want to hear any BS empathy for them from anybody...  if you're

Not to really stick up for anyone who might be gouging, but I think we as Americans should remember where these problems really come from, like say the Bastargiches in the Middle East. I despises them for their part in this much more than any American oil exec.