News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Product review : engine building and tuning DVD

Started by firefighter3931, October 02, 2009, 10:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Squeeze

Quote from: Steve P. on February 13, 2010, 07:45:08 PM
I hear ya brother, but getting input from ALL is the best way to build the next one bigger and better... You KNOW everyone has THEIR OWN WAY of doing things. What is proven is the most meaningful to me.

For a first time out and not having a writing crew or top of the line audio/video crew you did a fantastic job.   :yesnod:

Thanks, Steve......I had a TON of time in just getting the script where I wanted........took about 6 months working on it almost every day.......He knocked me for repeating some things, but I did that on purpose to help drive the point home on things I felt needed it.......

Yeah, I'm trying to listen to everyone and use that on the next one....... :2thumbs:

Wayne
Pump gas and hydraulic cams are for minivans.......

greenpigs

Quote from: Big Squeeze on February 13, 2010, 10:25:22 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on February 13, 2010, 07:45:08 PM
I hear ya brother, but getting input from ALL is the best way to build the next one bigger and better... You KNOW everyone has THEIR OWN WAY of doing things. What is proven is the most meaningful to me.

For a first time out and not having a writing crew or top of the line audio/video crew you did a fantastic job.   :yesnod:

Thanks, Steve......I had a TON of time in just getting the script where I wanted........took about 6 months working on it almost every day.......He knocked me for repeating some things, but I did that on purpose to help drive the point home on things I felt needed it.......

Yeah, I'm trying to listen to everyone and use that on the next one....... :2thumbs:

Wayne

I guess you didn't give him a new 5 speed or enough new sheetmetal to do 3 cars? E booger has always been harsh and practical nothing is "perfect" so I wouldn't worry much about his opinion. Besides your DVD gives us something much more usable than a magazine every could for tuning information. I think he recognized this and got ticked as he knows its a quality piece he just will not admit it..in writting.

Wanna push some buttons? Do a DVD on disk brake swaps and suspension upgrades on Mopars and watch him SCREAM bloody murder! :naughty:

I buy most every Mopar Action they print and have an extensive collection of them so I am not bashing the magazine. But what Tony Defeo posted on Gear Jammers about magazines(Mopar Action) turning into nothing but a kiss ass session for the advertisers sounds true.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Al

The criticism is NOT justified.

Wayne did a great job for all of us Mopar aficionados. And YES I did learn more from his dvd than from magazines over the years, magazines that become more and more a platform for advertising whereas the really informative and instructive articles keep getting quite rare these days ... well over the last few years.

:2thumbs: to Big Squeeze

Al
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

Troy

So, where does "unburnt air and fuel" come from if it isn't exhaust? Anything coming down the intake would be "pre-burnt" air and fuel. If only "unburnt air and fuel" went back up it wouldn't affect the engine (would it?). I'd think it's the burnt stuff that gets reintroduced that would make the engine run poorly.

Any way, back to the video... I sent Wayne a PM with my review. I really learned a lot and I'm on my way to the garage to try to apply some of my new knowledge.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Big Squeeze

Quote from: Troy on February 14, 2010, 11:34:57 AM
So, where does "unburnt air and fuel" come from if it isn't exhaust? Anything coming down the intake would be "pre-burnt" air and fuel. If only "unburnt air and fuel" went back up it wouldn't affect the engine (would it?). I'd think it's the burnt stuff that gets reintroduced that would make the engine run poorly.

Any way, back to the video... I sent Wayne a PM with my review. I really learned a lot and I'm on my way to the garage to try to apply some of my new knowledge.

Troy

THANKS, for the info, Troy.......I'll hit you up to critique the next one for me, BEFORE I get it produced....... :2thumbs:

Wayne
Pump gas and hydraulic cams are for minivans.......

oldcarnut

Is this dvd still around?  I want to get one.

Updated: Just talked to him on the phone and ordered it. :2thumbs:   Since its a few pages back on another link heres the info:

Smothers Supercars
9805 S 4096 Rd
Oologah, OK

afxplymouth@sbcglobal.net

918-274-HEMI

mauve66

soooo, if ya ordered it why ask if its still around................................................... nitro methane fumes.............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

oldcarnut

Quote from: mauve66 on October 24, 2010, 11:08:10 AM
soooo, if ya ordered it why ask if its still around................................................... nitro methane fumes.............................

Well what I did was miss the link to the phone number after I posted the question. Then I answered my own question.  Funny thing was he was just going to answer me in the post when I called him.  Anyway I'll go back and fix it for you  ;)

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak