News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Product review : engine building and tuning DVD

Started by firefighter3931, October 02, 2009, 10:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Hey guys, while at Monster Mopar i had the pleasure of meeting Wayne Smothers and purchased his new DVD and i have to say i'm very impressed. The content is well laid out and very well presented with a touch of humor that's refreshing. This is a pretty comprehensive 2 hour + presentation that provides excellent insight into the building and tuning of mild to wild street/strip engines. Lots of excellent info on blueprinting, cam degreeing, distributor curving and carb tuning....those are just the highlights. There's much more !  :2thumbs:

I highly recommend this product....it's the best money you will ever spend and save you lots of aggrivation & head scratching when it comes time to dial your baby in for peak performance. I for one am glad i purchased this Video and will for sure refer to it often in the future. I can honestly say i learned several new tricks of the trade watching it.  :icon_smile_big:

Bravo Wayne.....excellent job !   :cheers:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62100.0.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Beer

I was eying that, I have never changed the jets on the carb (this covered?) and want to tune a bit at the track, I can use EFI Live software and VE tune/PE tune/MAF Scale etc with GM products through software and have a decent knowledge newschool, but have no clue for oldschool tuning.  I intend to log my runs with a Wideband (I know how to do that), a thumbs up from you is probably a must buy from me  :cheers:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

resq302

If Ron is impressed, this has to be a must buy item!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

General_01

Sounds like a good thing to get. I might get it for me and my cousin. Us backyard mechanics can always use a little help. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

firefighter3931

Quote from: Beer on October 03, 2009, 06:18:31 AM
I was eying that, I have never changed the jets on the carb (this covered?) and want to tune a bit at the track, I can use EFI Live software and VE tune/PE tune/MAF Scale etc with GM products through software and have a decent knowledge newschool, but have no clue for oldschool tuning.  I intend to log my runs with a Wideband (I know how to do that), a thumbs up from you is probably a must buy from me  :cheers:

Jim, the video discusses jetting, power valve selection and other pertinant carb tuning procedures with excellent hands on demonstration. After seeing this presentation you will not be afraid to open up a carb.   ;)

There is also some descent edelbrock/carter tuning information & demonstration as well. If you have an old school ride this DVD is a must have for the toolbox !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Dans 68

Thanks for the heads up, Ron. This will be going on my Christmas list.  :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Purple440

Exactly what I needed!  Thanks Ron.  Hope to have this in a few days.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Purple440

Quote from: greenpigs on October 04, 2009, 04:27:56 PM
Price?

"I sell them for $29.95............$34.95 shipped in the US......I accept check, money order, and credit card......."

It's in the link that Ron posted.

Steve P.

I cannot agree more. I got the video today and watched it 2 times tonight. Learned a few things and RE-learned a bunch. Learned more about machining than I ever knew, for sure.

He's got one badazz Dart too............   :2thumbs:

Wayne, you get  :2thumbs: from me as well. 

Now just when does the CHASSIS TUNING video come out?? hahaha....  Gonna need a high speed cam. for that.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

greenpigs

All my posts that the font is black I post on my mobile and have limited funtions.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Big Squeeze

Thanks, guys.......I'm really glad you liked it.......I've busted my butt for 6 months to get ready to film it and then another 2 months in editing.......Overall, I think it's a great video and a lot of people would benefit from it........

I just had a guy call a couple of days ago and say it was the best money he's ever spent on his car........Said he actually got his car, with a huge cam and Dominator, to idle and was so happy he had to call all his friends to come over and check it out...... ;D :2thumbs: He'd never even thought about initial timing before.........

I've just started offering a 14 day, money back guarantee and free shipping if bought straight through me, instead of going through Amazon or eBay.......... :2thumbs:

Yeah, Steve, I do have plans for a chassis/suspension video and believe me, it will be AWESOME..........but I've got to sell these first since they're pretty expensive to do............
Pump gas and hydraulic cams are for minivans.......

Belgium R/T -68

I have emailed for a copy but havn't got any reply, think I could use one. :'(

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

resq302

I got the video and it is absolutely detailed and AMAZING!  For someone who does not know much about rebuilding an engine, this video makes me confident that it would be something that I could do. :2thumbs:  Thanks again for a great video.  Now with some fine tuning, maybe I can get my 383 putting out the power that it should and make driving the car actually fun with the 4 spd as opposed to driving my moms 70 chally vert with a small block and a slop box.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dans 68

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 12, 2009, 01:41:39 PM

Per

I'm sure you will be answered. Good product and good people.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Big Squeeze

Per

Per,

When did you email me? I haven't received it???? I even looked through my spam folder........Shoot me another email at afxplymouth@sbcglobal.net and I'll hook you up........ :2thumbs:

Resq32..........Glad you liked it......... :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Big Squeeze on November 12, 2009, 06:00:12 PM

Per

Per,

When did you email me? I haven't received it???? I even looked through my spam folder........Shoot me another email at afxplymouth@sbcglobal.net and I'll hook you up........ :2thumbs:

Resq32..........Glad you liked it......... :2thumbs:

Good hearing from you Wayne :cheers:

Did resend the email and sent you a PM. :2thumbs:

Per

NHCharger

Don't know how I missed this thread. Wife was just asking me what I want for x-mas.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Steve P.

Get it. This will be one X-mas present you WILL want..  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Belgium R/T -68

gasoline_24

And the best part is my engine made it into the shooting of this video.  It is the unpainted block in the lifter indexing section.  Wayne, great job on the engine.  It runs great.  I am still trying to work out bugs in the ingnition, but after rewiring it twice and getting a second box I believe the problem was related to either a bad ground on the tach box or a bad tach box.

Big Squeeze

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 16, 2009, 03:45:36 PM

Hello Wayne, I desperatly need that DVD. :'(

Per

It's headed your way...... :2thumbs:

Quote from: gasoline_24 on November 16, 2009, 04:14:16 PM
And the best part is my engine made it into the shooting of this video.  It is the unpainted block in the lifter indexing section.  Wayne, great job on the engine.  It runs great.  I am still trying to work out bugs in the ingnition, but after rewiring it twice and getting a second box I believe the problem was related to either a bad ground on the tach box or a bad tach box.

Cool, Greg.........Have you driven it very much? How is it from a 30MPH roll?....... :icon_smile_big:

troy.70R/T

Sounds like something I will defeniantly be getting. :yesnod:

Dans 68

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 03, 2009, 05:09:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Ron. This will be going on my Christmas list.  :2thumbs:

Dan

I couldn't wait for Christmas. It is a good watch.   :2thumbs: Thanks Wayne for the good work.

Dan

Big Squeeze

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 16, 2009, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: Dans 68 on October 03, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Dan

I couldn't wait for Christmas. It is a good watch.   :2thumbs: Thanks Wayne for the good work.

Dan

Hey Dan.......I'm REALLY glad you guys are liking it........makes all the  :brickwall: worth while....... :icon_smile_big: :cheers: