News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Start of our resto

Started by twodko, October 25, 2009, 06:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

We bought this car about six months ago. Here are some pictures of our resto project, nothing like Per or a lot of other master builders on this site but its going to be great fun bringing this car back to life! Enjoy

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Cooter

OH Man! What it woulda been like to start with one that looked as good as that one does!! Nice Score! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

twodko

And some more pix.

Tom

jb666

Wow!! What a great starting platform!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Back N Black

Nice Charger, make sure you post lots of pics during the restoration.  :2thumbs:

tan top

:o  aww man what a straight looking car to start with  :drool5: :coolgleamA: looking forward to seeing  pictures & stuff as you progress  :coolgleamA: :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jaak

Nice Charger! You gonna paint it back the original color?

Jason

twodko

Here's the resto of the heater box.

Tom

Charger-Bodie

Awesome starting point by the looks of it!

Looking forward to lots of progress pics.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger440RDN

Wow!!! That is a good car to start with, should be a (somewhat) painless restoration  :lol: Do you plan to leave the vinyl top off?

The70RT

Looks pretty rust free.  :2thumbs: Is it from the southwest?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

twodko

More heater box resto.

Tom

twodko

Thanks all. The plan is to repaint with the original Q5 bright metallic turquoise and replace the vinyl top.
We've collected upholstery, carpet and top already from Legendary. This car was my buddies, he bought it new in Hayward California and its lived its life in Napa until we layed hands on it a few months ago. Lucky doesn't describe getting this car, its straight, never wrecked and original.................but I'm not excited. More pix coming.

Tom

69rtse4spd

Great pics. TOM, have a Q5 69 with black top & int. my self, beautiful combo. Good luck with it. 

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Tilar

Thats going to be one sweet ride. I wish mine was that clean and it spent it's whole life in East Texas.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BrianShaughnessy

Great car to start with... should look good when it's done.

Love the parts on the clothes line.  Classic!
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

twodko

More pictures coming, 69trse4spd my wife and I would love to see some pix of your Q5. We really like to combo too. Cheers1

Tom

Belgium R/T -68

Looking great so far Tom :2thumbs: I'm sure you will make a real beuty out of it. How are the floors and around the winndows?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

twodko

Hello Per,

My wife and I, along with the rest of this forum, have been closely following your restoration. Stunning my friend, you are doing master work! The photography is outstanding as well!
Our car has always been a California car. The floor pans to include the trunk are excellent. Pictures of this are coming this week on our resto thread. Luckily we have only some surface rust (we hope) at the bottom corners of the rear glass where you'd expect to find it. We bought the car from the original owner and have all the original documents, dealership paperwork, 2 build sheets all service receipts etc. Pardon me for bragging..........I go out to my shop every morning and hug my Charger.

Yeah, that's probably TOO much information!

Keep the pictures coming Per and our best to your family.

Tom

greenpigs

Your Charger is exactly what I plan on doing with mine. Only difference being I will be have some Summit draglite rims. So I will be keeping a close eye on your build and most definitely appreciate pictures.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Belgium R/T -68

Hi Tom and Merry Christmas to you and the family. :cheers:

How is the project developing?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

ugly2u

Quote from: twodko on October 26, 2009, 02:51:07 PM
I go out to my shop every morning and hug my Charger.

Yeah, that's probably TOO much information!

Tom

I thought hugging the Charger was normal! Thanks for sending the parts!

My dads charger was blue like that too. Looking forward to seeing photos of your interior and new paint!

Alex

69*F5*SE