News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 Charger resto mod Update 09-07-2013 NEW PICTURES ON THE GROUND

Started by speedfreak68, October 28, 2009, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerhunter

One sweet "outside the box" build! I love it, I wondered what the frame cost..I would have to Johnny Cash it too.."1 piece at a time"
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

speedfreak68

Quote from: speedfreak68 on November 02, 2009, 11:38:54 PM
Quote from: motorcitydak on November 02, 2009, 03:57:55 AM
Ok so I have to ask and I hope you do not mind. That frame that I found on ebay is the same one you are using. That auction only ended at $1,009. I asked the seller what his reserve was. He responded saying that a roller starts at $16k. What did yours cost?

Well... I've been buying the parts one at a time for the most part just when I can afford them. I bought everything in bare metal, that saved alot, I think that price is for the whole thing already with powdercoated parts and all put together, also I think it has gone up since I got mine. I think I've got 8ish in mine but I'm not sure... This stuff really is quality parts the only place they could use some help is customer service. They have been very helpful but they are kinda slow on shipping out parts... :shruggy: If you are intrested they will send you a parts list and the price of them...

speedfreak68

I got my first ever seat done, I really haven't sewed prior to my trim class, and it really isn't that hard... I even had to make new foam for the bottom bun. I have one wrinkle but I think I can get it out by rehog-ringing, it but anyway heres some pictures.

speedfreak68

So far this week I've cut out alot of metal and my floors are really close to being done. Today I cut braces to go from the frame to the rockerpanel and got them welded in I also made a piece for the floor to go around my wheeltub....I made a template out of cardboard for this piece and it took FOREVER to get everything to fit just right... but its in now so I'm happy  :2thumbs: Also one of my friends came over and made a new piece for the firewall that was all rusted out. Heres the pics!

speedfreak68

UPDATE:
Spring break worked out pretty well for me so I figgured I would post up some more pics
When I test fitted my drivers side door it overlapped with the quarter so I had to cut the quarter and slide the edge of it back to get a gap. It worked outpretty well.
heres a pic of when I first started, i ended up moving it back a little further

one of my friends has a corvette and I decided that I really liked the door handles so i decided I would try to fit them in the door. Ieded up cutting about a quarter of an inch out of the back to get it to set flush on the door.

I also took the useless bump out of the fenderwell... that sucked... hot metal flakes from the cutoff wheel, then hot sparks from the welder...

I Really didn't take too much out of it but I think it will make a difference.
Oh ya then my shirt and jeans started on fire. it was pretty exciting

other than that everything was pretty much just small patch pannels

speedfreak68

Also one of the biggest points of the weekend was when i decided to "adjust" my conduit coilovers to change the ride height. here's those pics  :2thumbs: .

74charger360

:2thumbs: AWSOME CHARGER!!  i only wish i had that much space to work on mine lol  loving the vette door handles btw, i always thought they were pretty cool

speedfreak68

Thanks, after I got in his corvette i wanted those in my charger. I just wanted t do something a little different lol.

HITMAN 149

nice idea kid!!! i personally like my nice new chrome door handles.. but hats of to you for customizing YOUR CAR TO YOUR LIKING!!!! keeeeep up the great work & PICS!!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

moparsons

speedfreak68

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 03, 2010, 01:28:50 PM
nice idea kid!!! i personally like my nice new chrome door handles.. but hats of to you for customizing YOUR CAR TO YOUR LIKING!!!! keeeeep up the great work & PICS!!!!  :2thumbs:

KID!! What?!?!?! haha

squeakfinder

That's some pretty impressive stuff you got going :2thumbs: And a pretty rotten salesmen for welding that shock to keep the ride height up like that.
          Please be careful with the weld splatter. My ex boss who's welded most of his life is in his late 60's now.
He had to have a spot of non malignant skin cancer removed from the back of his neck a couple of years ago. You know how it is he told me. I get a good bead going and I don't like to stop.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

HITMAN 149

hahaha its a compliment!!! i din't mean it like you were 12 or anything... but younger than me im sure!!!! lmao
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

tan top

Quote from: squeakfinder on April 03, 2010, 05:27:13 PM

That's some pretty impressive stuff you got going :2thumbs: And a pretty rotten salesmen for welding that shock to keep the ride height up like that.
         Please be careful with the weld splatter. My ex boss who's welded most of his life is in his late 60's now.
He had to have a spot of non malignant skin cancer removed from the back of his neck a couple of years ago. You know how it is he told me. I get a good bead going and I don't like to stop.

sorry for the hijack SF68 :cheers:
crikey  , had loads over the years in my head  , ear :o back , legs !!  !! shoulder blades , mever knew the big C  ,  :faint:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

squeakfinder

He did it for a living. Ammonia pipe, big trucks you name it, so the odds were stacked against him. The fumes I've breathed while welding is what worries me.
   Sorry, I didn't mean to alarm anybody but....
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

tan top

Quote from: squeakfinder on April 03, 2010, 05:37:21 PM

He did it for a living. Ammonia pipe, big trucks you name it, so the odds were stacked against him. The fumes I've breathed while welding is what worries me.
   Sorry, I didn't mean to alarm anybody but....

yeah thats what worried me also !! would use a 3m twin carterige filter mask when welding & grinding ,  never usto though when  i first started the trade !! but found over the years it must be building up in your body or something ! 
  same when rubbing bondo , even just mixing it up , gives me head ache now !!  same as just standing over the scales mixing paint ,  one wiff ,  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

speedfreak68

Quote from: squeakfinder on April 03, 2010, 05:27:13 PM

ya... I was pretty upset when I got the car, but i suppose Ive learned alot that I would't have if the car was solid. I know what he ment when he said that about not stopping when he got a good bead going, the creases in my elbows show that,(thats where they always land) sometimes I just let it burn so I can finish the weld... never really thought cancer though

speedfreak68

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 03, 2010, 05:28:46 PM
hahaha its a compliment!!! i din't mean it like you were 12 or anything... but younger than me im sure!!!! lmao

lol I didn't take it bad. I'm 21 though, Probably one of the younger kids members on here lol

HITMAN 149

hahaha lmfao!! ahhhhh what is to be young!!!! lol welll 21 yrs old young anyways!! and esp with a DAMN SWEEEET car on the way!!!!  :yesnod:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

speedfreak68

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 03, 2010, 06:22:07 PM
hahaha lmfao!! ahhhhh what is to be young!!!! lol welll 21 yrs old young anyways!! and esp with a DAMN SWEEEET car on the way!!!!  :yesnod:
haha thanks  :2thumbs:

HITMAN 149

ue welcome...
hey.... you deserve it!!!!!!!!  :cheers:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

68chargerboy

speedfreak68

weeeeellll bad news today, we tried to set the engine in so I could get started fabbing up a trans mount, and thats when it happened...the oil pan doesn't clear the chassis... looks like I'll have to buy a rear sump pan. I guess I now have a 7qt pan and pickup for sale.  :shruggy:

charger_cody

Nice car man, prety soon you'll have yourself in a magazine!!! I'm diggin the door handles by the way.  :2thumbs:  :popcrn: I'll be watching this one closely.

Cody

speedfreak68

Haha a magazine article would be badass but I don't think I'm that good... Thanks for the compliment though  :2thumbs: